HOLY SH*T !!!!!!

-

FASTBACK340

Legandary Member
Legendary Member
Reaction score
$64.99 for off-set bell housing dowels????

PLEASE..... Someone chime in with a reason!

I think Mancini's has found a new use for cam lube, if ya know what I mean :wink:

dont bother buying until you dial indicate your bellhousing. Once you do that you can buy just the ones you need they are still about 14 buck a set but its better than buying the whole set.
If you have never dial indicated a lakewood its a pain in the ***, I helped the guy at the machine shop do mine with the engine out on a stand and it was still a serious pain, good luck.

chad72duster said:
dont bother buying until you dial indicate your bellhousing. Once you do that you can buy just the ones you need they are still about 14 buck a set but its better than buying the whole set.
If you have never dial indicated a lakewood its a pain in the ***, I helped the guy at the machine shop do mine with the engine out on a stand and it was still a serious pain, good luck.

I was kinda hoping to have it done as I was installing the engine. Now it looks like I'll dialing it in sooner.

Thanks for the input.

it is best to do it with out the heads on and just have the rotating assembly , put it on an engine stand and mount the dial indicator on the fly wheel and spin it, and check the clearance any other way and its a major pain in the ***. The earlier the better. I mean you could buy the whole set of off set earings for $65 its up to you but either way dialing that thing in is a pain in the ***. If i had to do it again I would do it with nothing but the crank, ballancer and flywheel and make sure it was straight before I ever started a ssembly. I went through all that set up and pain to find out that I didnt need an offset at all that the stock dial pin was perfect so its you choice.

chad72duster said:
I went through all that set up and pain to find out that I didnt need an offset at all that the stock dial pin was perfect so its you choice.

Done. As soon as I get the crank in the block I'll bolt on the scattersheild and measure. I sure don't want to skip this step.

Thanks again for the suggestions guys. :D

Jeeezzzz old *** thread with nothing new or informative to add.

Think we have a new winner! 8.5 years between post on a thread

-
Back