Hoosier Garage and 318willrun - should be fun!

What ya think?

• I love these types of races.... something different!

Votes: 22 84.6%
  • Must be fast cars or I'm not interested.

Votes: 4 15.4%

• Total voters
-

318willrun

Utube channel 318willrun
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Sept 29 is coming fast! I can't wait to meet Adam in person. A great mopar guy that pulls them from the weeds and puts them on the road - paint and all! IF you haven't yet, go check out his channel!

His 1972 Dodge shorty van will be going head to head in the 1/8 mile with the 318willrun '77 shorty van (not the Van Of War... LOL). We are looking forward to it. This is all in fun, and will happen soon providing life doesn't interfere for either of us.

His beautiful '72
upload_2022-8-2_18-50-1.jpeg

upload_2022-8-2_18-50-15.jpeg

Our... let's say "practical" '77 :D
dscn3098-1-jpg-jpg-jpg.jpg

His has sidepipes. You're screwed. lol

Last edited:
Just for the record........
  • both are 318's & 727's
  • both have beds in them, and swivel captain chairs in the front
  • His advantages are he has a 4bbl and headers (we have factory 2bbl w/duals).
  • Our advantages are our heads have been worked for low lift flow, and he has 2.71 gears and I've not confirmed but I believe we have 3.21's.

Besides figuring out the winner, let's take a pool on the elapsed times of both vehicles! Now that would be a fun contest.

Besides figuring out the winner, let's take a pool on the elapsed times of both vehicles! Now that would be a fun contest.
I upfront told John Wilburn and I quote "if we are the first race on Friday, we may be the only race.... depends when they close"

That was a bad idea. Should have told him “We need to race first since we are SSSSLLLLOOOOWWWW

The exciting FAST cars should go last. Or the biggest draw names after you and your competitors.

That was a bad idea. Should have told him “We need to race first since we are SSSSLLLLOOOOWWWW

The exciting FAST cars should go last. Or the biggest draw names after you and your competitors.
LOL. Should be able to hit concessions and return during our race and still see who wins :D :D Big Names? It's "noname - nationals"
:lol:

Big name - no name - YouTube fame it’s all the same…
for all the shame, it may be lame, we'll never be the same, and what's to gain? Put me in a van, because I'm a fan... I'm ready to race, with a smile on my face!

Don't have to be fast to have fun. Have at it ! :thumbsup:
To be truthful, some of my most fun races "out of town" have been racing two older cars with straight 6's. Slower than paint drying, but you can watch in "slow motion" one car inching upon the other.... but will he catch him before the end?? LOL Seriously, I have as much (maybe even more) fun racing slow cars. To me, these two vans will be a blast on the track!!

To be truthful, some of my most fun races "out of town" have been racing two older cars with straight 6's. Slower than paint drying, but you can watch in "slow motion" one car inching upon the other.... but will he catch him before the end?? LOL Seriously, I have as much (maybe even more) fun racing slow cars. To me, these two vans will be a blast on the track!!
Without a doubt I can imagine it's fun to do but from a bystanders point of view it's not easy to watch....
Maybe watching the vans go for a novelty but that would be the extent of it...

Without a doubt I can imagine it's fun to do but from a bystanders point of view it's not easy to watch....
Maybe watching the vans go for a novelty but that would be the extent of it...
For me..... (I get it's individually based)
When I go to the dragway, I usually find myself watching and talking to a guy with a totally street slow car of my interest. "/6 volare ?? I gotta check this out..."
  • '77 Dodge pickup with a 318 2bbl vs a '84 Impala with a 305 2bbl". Now you just got me in the stands.. !!!!

Last edited:
-
Back