Hope this is not true. Moog Offset Upper control arm bushings.

-
i can't count the number of posts/threads that insist you need offset upper bushings. I have never used them or saw the need. My vehicles all steer and self centre fine with stock replacements.
Are you sure you needed them?

Someone told me the instruction supplied by Moog is incorrect. I installed with arrow pointing toward the ball joint. Is this wrong? I just finished installing and still have not brought the car for an alignment yet. I'll be pissed if I have to do this all over again.
https://www.rockauto.com/genImages/11/AXCF2770.pdf
Whichever way moves the upper ball joint rearward, as mentioned already.
I do remember some installation instructions were wrong.

Someone told me the instruction supplied by Moog is incorrect. I installed with arrow pointing toward the ball joint. Is this wrong? I just finished installing and still have not brought the car for an alignment yet. I'll be pissed if I have to do this all over again.
https://www.rockauto.com/genImages/11/AXCF2770.pdf
The instructions are not "incorrect", they show how to use them for their intended purpose- as a "problem solver" for correcting either frame damage or other extreme deviation from factory spec.
Their use to increase caster as described above necessitates their installation in an alternative manner instead of the way specified in the instructions.

If I remember correctly the instructions say to help fix camber. So, if you want to help caster,
you don't follow the instructions.

so front arrow to the ball joint and rear to the body?
Moog offset.jpg

I think the confusing part of the picture is they show the arrows with the arms and the front of the car. This could cause someone to install them with the arrows facing in the direction they are shown pointing, "Arrow points this was so the arrow on the bushing points this way".

The picture is actually just showing you the direction the arm should move to rotate the ball joint back and those red arrows have no corellation to the arrows on the bushing.

Dano has it, exactly. You want to move the control arm in the direction indicated by the arrows, but you need to look at the bushing offsets in context of the control arm in order to determine which bushings are oriented which way. I swear I had to check and double-check this 3 times to get it right — it is kind of inherently confusing.

And yes, the instructions show them both facing the same way, which only affects camber — this is not something you need, since the adjusting bolts can easily accommodate the small increments of camber that are appropriate.

So the front bushing arrow should point down and the rear bushing arrow should point up for more caster?

So the front bushing arrow should point down and the rear bushing arrow should point up for more caster?

Depends on how you are holding the A arm... :)

The arrows should point relatively side to side when installed on the car. Either towards center of car or to outside of car. Forward bushings arrow points OUT (towards ball joint), rear bushing towards centerline of car.

The instructions are correct, that picture orientation screws people up.

i can't count the number of posts/threads that insist you need offset upper bushings. I have never used them or saw the need. My vehicles all steer and self centre fine with stock replacements.
Are you sure you needed them?
That's fine. That's great. That is ******* fantastic. I'm just so joyful and happy for you that I can barely contain myself. Now, how about answering the question?

That's fine. That's great. That is ******* fantastic. I'm just so joyful and happy for you that I can barely contain myself. Now, how about answering the question?
Well, I hate to tell you that 67Dart273 is kinda correct. Typically they are used for damage or the ole add a thick washer to correct egged out lower control arm mount stud. But you are looking for an answer not corrective criticism. If you study any alignment info you will see how alignment of the upper and lower control arm effect weight on the spindle making the car turn easy or turn like a Mack truck. Putting the bushings in one facing inward toward inner fender and one facing outward toward the ball joint keeps camber where you want but can give you more or less than factory caster. I hope I helped and did not jist waste your time. Syleng1

The arrow on the front bushing points toward the wheel. The arrow on the rear points toward the engine. It's simple as that. It's shown correctly by the diagram's red arrows. Putting the front of the car at the bottom of the diagram is counterintuitive (thanks @Dicer for the "correction").

If you installed them per the instructions, the front bushings should be fine as-is. Just reinstall the rears with the arrows pointing toward the engine--exactly the opposite of Moog's instruction-sheet photo.

Basically, making the front arm as long as possible, and the rear arm as short as possible for max. caster.

Installed how you did it mainly gives more positive camber.

Mind posting the part numbers? I've never been able to find 'em from Moog. Thanks!

-
Back