How About A Quit Smoking Challange

-
I think anxiety is one of the first things that happens. I think I can - I think I can - I think I can. :)

I think I can will always be there Sid,
Its when the know I can and then nurse that for a bit:downtown: and get them out of your life,
It's hard for use folks but look at the big Polaroid moment :happy7:
OldVart Quit !! because you have it in you to to want too.
My day with out a smoke again.:eek:ccasion:

My day = Young man with out a job"nephew".
and it was a nice on the deck.
And as I was righting this I looked out the window and took another picture.

I will survive this **** the world handed me.

DOMINOS 052.jpg

DOMINOS 060.jpg

DOMINOS 063.jpg

"How About A Quit Smoking Challange"

Too late. I stopped in 1983! One of the best things i ever did for myself, and probably my family!

It may take some doing Mike, but we can get there. :)
Yes sir it will :-k. But it will be dun. :heart::notworth::king:
Give it time to be apart of your life:home: like you have always told me Sid.
To the folks that are throwing this smoking habit away ! You are as strong as you want to be... Ain't that right D.G. We enjoy a good game of cards , So lets enjoy the lack of cigarettes in our live's

I got up at 5:15am, and fell off the wagon at about 9am. Sorry guys, but at least I'm honest.
I'll try again.

George

I had my last one last night. Well I hope it is my last one. So far so good today. Got me some gum. It helps a little. Good luck to all of you.

I got up at 5:15am, and fell off the wagon at about 9am. Sorry guys, but at least I'm honest.
I'll try again.

George
You are going in the right direction George R, forward :thumbrig:
And keep that in mind as we get this wordily thing out of our life.
It sure does feel good when you get there.:eek:ccasion:

I don't smoke but watched my parents try to quit as well as my sisters and brother. The results were mixed but I admired them all for trying. With the federal tax going up to a $1.01 per pack maybe you can think of that money going into your A-body as incentive.

You are going in the right direction George R, forward :thumbrig:
And keep that in mind as we get this wordily thing out of our life.
It sure does feel good when you get there.:eek:ccasion:
I am going to quit on April 15! 3 packs a day at $6.00 a pack = $18.00 a day x 30 days = $540.00 a MONTH. I'm going to buy a new Challenger if I can do it!

Ok, it's been almost 24 hrs without a smoke. I went to a Yankee's/Phillie's game today. It was neat not having to get up and find the smoking area. And I got to watch the whole game. Ok Roll call, how is each of you doing on the list?
OK here is a list of members who vow to quit April 1 2009. Come on jump on the quiting train, I know they're more members who want to QUIT!
1) SGBARRACUDA
2) MEMIKE
3) TOOLMANMIKE
4) doug 371
5) duckbuster (who has a head start on us)
6) FISHBREATH
7) GT Grinly
8) Baddawg
9) pettybluedart
10) pauly V.100
11)65 barracudadude
12)George R
13)
14)
15)

I'll try again.

George

Man don't give up. I'll bet you hung onto a pack when you went to bed last night eh? Can't do that, last night at bed time I had a half a pack left, I knew I couldn't hang onto them so I filled the pack with tap water before I went to bed. I'm using COMMIT Lozenges, they seem to help allot.

My fathers surgery(top of spine,bottom of neck 76 years old)was all good!!No tumor,no cancer,something to do with voscular?veins?He,s good and recovering after stitching back up.He,s alittle ticked that they didn,t take anything out!Go figure LOL!So no more stress from that,I will still be quiting Sunday night!

My fathers surgery(top of spine,bottom of neck 76 years old)was all good!!No tumor,no cancer,something to do with voscular?veins?He,s good and recovering after stitching back up.He,s alittle ticked that they didn,t take anything out!Go figure LOL!So no more stress from that,I will still be quiting Sunday night!

Good news pettybludart I am glad all is well :thumbrig:
I know how he feels:-k Go figure LOL! Life is good and we make it what it is.
I am happy to hear that your dad is cancer free:heart:, And you are ready to jump on the wagon with a few of us. There are more on the wagon then the people posting here. I don't smoke anymore :hello2::hello2: Thank you Trevor for the prayers :angel10:

i made it all day without until 5 pm before i fell.
a couple of things that are obvious to me...
#1 i feel guilty for not trying harder
#2 cigs taste like ****
#3 red licorice sticks to your teeth
#4 toothpicks are your freind
i will endevour to persevere.

This is awesome guys! SGBARRACUDA excellent idea!
As for Burntorange70, since we always seem to be on each others tails giving people welcome's, I'm rootin for ya bud.
As for everyone else, rootin for you guys as well!
Hell I'm sure I got some parts I can sell for cheappp to some people if they totally quit and stay quit.

Pauly V.100 "Endevor to pesevere", Lone Waddy from Outlaw Josey Whales.
Good going folks, another few quarters in the jar. It's a small pickle jar, hope to fill it soon in your all honor, and have to eat a bigger jar of pickles. Even those who fall off, hell man get back on. Every vutt you can resist is one less smoked. I quit long ago, and don't miss it. Hang in there.

i made it all day without until 5 pm before i fell.
a couple of things that are obvious to me...
#1 i feel guilty for not trying harder
#2 cigs taste like ****
#3 red licorice sticks to your teeth
#4 toothpicks are your freind
i will endevour to persevere.
I was the same way pauly :cheers: I was week when the family came home and started lighting up, But keep up the good work and don't give up and it will be easier down the road. I like tooth picks to, just be careful not to get wound up and poke yourself in the mouth.8)
bring that nicotine level down and enjoy the fresh air.
I herd that a pack of cigarettes are $10 a pack in New York !

Today is harder than yesterday, but i'm not giving in. So if you don't hear from me again it is either because I killed somebody or somebody killed me.
George - when you fall off the wagon you can just lay there on the ground or get back on the wagon. Don't beat yourself up over it, Rome wasn't built in a day.

Today is harder than yesterday, but i'm not giving in. So if you don't hear from me again it is either because I killed somebody or somebody killed me.
George - when you fall off the wagon you can just lay there on the ground or get back on the wagon. Don't beat yourself up over it, Rome wasn't built in a day.
Good advise dla4567:-D

Still on the wagon. Almost three days for me thus far. The desire for smoking a butt is decreasing daily. Interestingly, the urge for a butt comes when I pass by or through my usual smoking areas (outside on porch or in garage).

Hold on you guys; it does seem easier with time.

I made it through until about 1130 last night and then had 2. Damn. Today is a new day. :)
Keep at it old friend :cheers:, It will get easier, 47 years of smoking will be a strong challenge Sid, Have a great day and enjoy some fruit or this :-D
My munchy craves yesterday. I have taken myself off beer and enjoy a low cal dring know and then

DOMINOS 064.jpg

DOMINOS 061.jpg

-
Back