How low can you go?

-

USCG CHARGER

Reaction score
Lets see your cars stance... I have custom 4 link with coil overs all the way around and wanted a low stance in my Dart. I think I still need to get stiffer springs in the rear and lighter in the front. Post ur spring rate if you have coil overs and type of suspension.
130 rear
400 front
4 link

why lighter in the front?...can't you just crank/lower the coil adjusters down...or are you already to the bottom?

why lighter in the front?...can't you just crank/lower the coil adjusters down...or are you already to the bottom?
I think the 400's are a little stiff the the fronts.. I have another 1.5" I can adjust down. I was thinking I could go 50lbs lighter in the fron adj all the way down and be about perfect?

Looks like he's a racer. Weight transfer?
My car is just a hot rod.. not pure race car... however I want to take it to the track often.
understand...but I got confused...I thought he was talking about stance..for looks...not weight tranfer
yup purely looks.

triangulated 4 link (RMS Street-Lynx)
front: 500
rear: you don't want to know..:)

flemmington%20014.jpg

flemmington%20164.jpg

BWdart.jpg

dartcarlisleblackwhite.jpg

Joe what ur rear spring rate? Also how tall are your coil overs? 10,12,14"?

Joe what ur rear spring rate? Also how tall are your coil overs? 10,12,14"?

12"

unless your carrying 3 people all the time, a baby stroller,diaper bag chairs and everything else to do with a 3 year old then you'll never need the springs i have in the rear. :)

had both 170's and 220's i think they were in the rear at one point. when i was by myself it was great.

You can go as low as the lowest thing underneath you car. Usually headers, oil pan, headpipes.

I'm starting out with 12" 150 lb rear QA1 springs on Strange coil overs on my triangulated 4 link (aka Madart). Car is a somewhat more portly '74 Space Duster. Was going to step up to .920 torsion bars to match but now I'm conflicted about converting to Badart's new coil over kit in the front. Anyone have some input on the front spring rate (many spec. 400 lb in front). What does this equate to in handling = Road race, autox, street/strip?
I'm setting the car up for HP street and beginner road racing but it will see the strip and hopefully some road trippin. Thanks, Rapom.

Lowest clearance is 4.75" at the front subframe rails. Nothing hangs lower than the rails. Coilovers all around, 600# front, 220# rear springs........will probably go down from there

Attachments

• photo565 (4).jpg
    67.7 KB · Views: 427
Rjs what size coil over 10 or 12"? Why did u go with 600 in the from and 220 in the rear?

Charger were you asking for pics of my junk? It's still pretty much just a shell and a big pile of parts right now. I haven't taken any pics of the recent work, ie finish welding and painting of tri link, completed this week.
Some of the puzzle pieces:
Pic 1 & 2 - tri link conversion
pic 3 - mini tub
pic 4 - gettin there!
pic 5 - four speed hump conversion
pic 6 - radiator cross member
pic 7 - Lakewood/Centerforce/Iron cased OD/Hurst billet & pistol grip group
pic 8 - 360 boomstick

It's got a long ways to go....

Attachments

• IMG_1790.jpg
    105.4 KB · Views: 426
  • IMG_1416.jpg
    83.8 KB · Views: 418
  • IMG_0844.jpg
    65.9 KB · Views: 431
  • IMG_1411.jpg
    123.1 KB · Views: 434
  • IMG_1405.jpg
    101.3 KB · Views: 459
  • IMG_1792.jpg
    115.3 KB · Views: 443
  • IMG_0798.JPG
    133.7 KB · Views: 433
  • IMG_1452.jpg
    112.4 KB · Views: 434
Not too low and not coilovered....

Attachments

• 078.jpg
    168.1 KB · Views: 432
Charger were you asking for pics of my junk? It's still pretty much just a shell and a big pile of parts right now. I haven't taken any pics of the recent work, ie finish welding and painting of tri link, completed this week.
Some of the puzzle pieces:
Pic 1 & 2 - tri link conversion
pic 3 - mini tub
pic 4 - gettin there!
pic 5 - four speed hump conversion
pic 6 - radiator cross member
pic 7 - Lakewood/Centerforce/Iron cased OD/Hurst billet & pistol grip group
pic 8 - 360 boomstick

It's got a long ways to go....

Tell us more about that hurst pro billet shifter...how does it work? easy to set up? works well with the A833? How does it compare with the standard comp plus unit?

Ok more about ride height and less about shifters! Pics are great keep em coming .

Rjs what size coil over 10 or 12"? Why did u go with 600 in the from and 220 in the rear?

9" coil in the rear, 8" in the front. I had several conversations with a couple builders about my setup and intended usage of the car to get the sizes.

Here's my '70 Dart. Narrowed Strange S60, RMS Street Linx, 17x11 with 315/35/17's. :D

15wgp44.jpg

30ctan8.jpg

2elbitk.jpg

4vias8.jpg

Tell us more about that hurst pro billet shifter...how does it work? easy to set up? works well with the A833? How does it compare with the standard comp plus unit?

Dude -Pro billet is nothing more than a billet aluminum version of the comp unit. I have a perfectly serviceable comp unit but I ran across this one for sale at a vendors booth at the Seattle Nationals several years ago. Its brand new and was 1/3 the normal price. My two buds INSISTED I buy it so I gave in. Have not had it in a running car yet but is very tight and smooth, took a lot of slop out of my linkage. Comes apart very easily for servicing, standard set up procedure. When you going to start posting some updates to your Dart? Your build really gave me a boot in the *** to get to work on my Duster.

you'll find if you crank the adjusters down to lower it...it will also soften it up. the spring you choose (in my opinion) should hold the car at ride height with only an inch or so of adjustment cranked up on the adjusters...if you need to adjust it up further...look at a stiffer spring

-
Back