How low can you go?

-
Rjs - what kind of ride quality do you think you will end up with those rate springs. They "seem" pretty stiff. What are your usage intentions for the car? How much suspension travel will you have front and rear? I know you've made extensive alterations to drop the body down as I've followed your build since day one... your another one that needs to get busy posting up some updates!
I'm trying to set my car up to be a jack of all trades so it will suffer in some performance aspects more than others, but, handling is my foremost goal.
I set my ride height up for 25.25" at the front wheel well lip and 27" at the rear wheel well. That will give me 5.75" clearance to the "lowest hanging fruit" under the car, one of which is that damn dropped sump oil pan. Wish I had the $$ for the new Milodon road race pan but that gold finish must be 24K.

I'll PM ya rapom65....yeah I've been told about the thread. Im just not a good listener

I put some 250 rear springs on the rear today.. I worked perfect.. I guess those 130 didn't like the angle they where at.. the 250's are up about 1.25" from the bottom and feel and look great.

I put some 250 rear springs on the rear today.. I worked perfect.. I guess those 130 didn't like the angle they where at.. the 250's are up about 1.25" from the bottom and feel and look great.

Pictures?? What was wrong with the 130"s too much adjustment in them?

i'm switching my 175's to 250's (12")...just so I do not have to crank them up 2" to achieve desired ride height. I want it somewhat mushy...and will control the dampening with the shock

It is amazing how much drop you get when you add a full tank of gas, spare tire (coffee getters only) and add the battery/ ect to the trunk

Here's my '70 Dart. Narrowed Strange S60, RMS Street Linx, 17x11 with 315/35/17's. :D

15wgp44.jpg

ok. i was looking at using this suspension system on my dart. how exactly do you run an exhaust over the rear on that car? or is there no hope? :thumblef:

ok. i was looking at using this suspension system on my dart. how exactly do you run an exhaust over the rear on that car? or is there no hope? :thumblef:

ummm....I suppose it COULD be done, im just exiting in front of rear tire using the aar style mufflers.

ok. i was looking at using this suspension system on my dart. how exactly do you run an exhaust over the rear on that car? or is there no hope?

if your running a 8 3/4 then tti tail pipes will fit. if your running a dana you'll have to have custom tail pipes run. but it can be done.

i have an early system in my dart and the upper arms are in the "dana" location.. tail pipes were done with a series of j-bends from summit.

these are 2 1/2" pipes. they are not as close to the tank and all as the pictures make them look. can get a finger in all the spaces easily.

ehaust011.jpg

ehaust010.jpg

ehaust009.jpg

ehaust008.jpg

ehaust003-Copy.jpg

Remember the word bolt on is s riduclous tern that should never be used when building a 40+ year old car... I made 3" pipes fit over my 4 link...

Here are a few pictures of my soon to be old set up. It sits pretty low and can even go about 3" lower without rubbing anything and the Pinion Angle only moves .02* throughout the whole travel. This is with a Mini Tub and a 325/50/15 Tire on a 10" Mopar steelie wheel with 5.5 Back Space.

The Housing, Axles & Link Bars are for sale. PM me if there is any interest.

View attachment phpSJnx9GPM-1.jpg

View attachment phpgz2jYyPM-1.jpg

View attachment phpOX1YaMPM-1.jpg

View attachment phpagJmFKPM-1.jpg

View attachment phpFzfyzJPM-1.jpg

View attachment phpshbdZrPM-1.jpg

Attachments

• php4yQy7yPM-1.jpg
    84.6 KB · Views: 185
-
Back