How many members dont have a Mopar ?

-

AdamR

Big Member
Reaction score
Im starting a support group for those of us who do not have a Mopar to call our own.

Its been a year since the Dart left my garage and about 5 years since I had a running, driving Mopar. I find myself having to stay away from the site sometimes to keep my self sane. Someday...

I went from 4th July 1999 through 18th April 2005 without a MoPar , or any classic , to drive , maintain , care for , etc.
Those were some damned empty 6 years !

Now I'm at the point where I'm driving a daily driver that's almost 40 years old , and have so little left from my paychecks , that I can barely afford to keep the mother operational ; God forbid anything major should go !

I definitely hear ya . It sucks BIG time going any length of time without a fun old vehicle to enjoy .
Out of all of the classics I've had the pleasure of enjoying over the years , the one I miss the most was my seventy-dollar 1973 Duster .

Technically, I don't have a mopar, but the son's Duster is still at home needing work so I get my fix working on that with him. Also have a 92 Camaro to put together for the younger son, and once both of those are gone I'll have my old chevy truck, but eventually I'll have my own mopar to work on, probably go with a 70-72 Dart if I can find one when the time comes.

Well it's been parked since 92,so sorta no mopar... Only recently have I begun to work on it with the sights help. It sucks that you have gone for so long without a mopar.

I dont get collectors with lots of cars my self. You can only drive one at a time,ya know! Even if I had the money I wouldnt have more than 3. Hemi SS car,bracket car and daily driver. What else is there,lol...

I've always had at least one Mopar since about 75 except for a year or so back in 78. I sold off my 71 'Cuda and 68 Coronet about 8 years ago but still have a pair of Shelby Dakotas . . . . . . . and an old Jeep Cherokee with 290k on it. :p Would really like to get into a decent A or B body again but can't seem to find a decent body anywhere close to me within my budget. :scratch: Maybe some day . . . . . .

I would be happy to buy one if I could come up with the extra money. I even have it picked out. But I have a new business and Im trying to save to buy a house. However I did pay off my wifes car loan so Im making some progress.

Been looking for 3 months now - kinda needs to be a 2 door body within 150 miles or so from Dixon, Ill. for under 2 grand. All I'm seeing is rotted out $500 hulks for 3 grand and up. :eye:

Well I do but don't have a Mopar. My 65 Dart is not driveable and I sold my 66 that was running/driving. My wife has a Fox body 5.0 Mustang I get to beat around, so I can at least have some fun. Gotta get movin' on the Dart though, 4 years is long enough to be redoing it.

I would be happy to buy one if I could come up with the extra money. I even have it picked out. But I have a new business and Im trying to save to buy a house. However I did pay off my wifes car loan so Im making some progress.
Adam you will end up like some of us by the time you buy a house, raise a family, send kids to collage and get back too a mopar-your old! lol

I dont think I can last that long. I'll have to be locked up if I dont get something soon

i go for spells witout one, but the pain is un-bearable.lol

i have a 78 macho powerwagon a 2wd parts truck and my grandpas 77 powerwagon for parts, and i just got my brother an 83 fox body with a 300 horse 302 4spd and i still want a duster or dart 2dr but im with the other guys i dont have the cash for a 3 grand no motor no trans rolling rust bucket that ppl try to sell here id be happy with a slant 6 auto car i can make it wat i want or it can be rolling but must be reasonable no 3 grand rollers

Thanks for the offer I appreciate it it but as much as I would love another car I dont want to get involved in a project like that right now. My next car will be a driver.

Thanks again:thumrigh:

I drive my husband Christopher's cars. He loves his Dart and new Belvedere 440. We're still looking for something for me. Laurie

I went without a "real" car for a long number of years, just having transportation vehicles, with most of my friends doing the same thing, then my younger brother got a 67 dart GT, and the more he talked about it, the more it bugged me, a year or so later I finally found the 66 barracuda I had been looking for forever and everything was right with the world!, funny thing now that my friends see me driving around in mine they are working on or looking for there own classic mopar!

I drive my husband Christopher's cars. He loves his Dart and new Belvedere 440. We're still looking for something for me. Laurie

Ahem....doesn't his Dart fit the bill for Mama's car??? Smaller car, easier to drive, good looks...yep, sounds like a candidate to me!!!LOL!!! After all, he does have his Belvedere!!! Good luck finding the car thats just right for you!!! Geof

Adam,
Where'd the dart go?? I didnt realize it had left. You know I got rid of all my stuff. But they sort of find me after a while... So now I'm back to two projects, one parts car, and a driver. It's not a big deal if you dont have one. Just keep your eyes open and they'll find you.

-
Back