How the hell do these go together?

-

4spdragtop

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
What an odd combination.

20161208_184145.jpg

I put mayo on my french fries and on cold beets - that other stuff - eh? So - how was the toast?

A thin skim of REAL mayo and the toast was awesome. Im a freak for both of those but never combined them before.
Yep fries n mayo are awesome too.
Lori is trying to talk me into adding cucumber now lol.....baby steps darling
I put mayo on my french fries and on cold beets - that other stuff - eh? So - how was the toast?

I'd be willing to try it. I've had grilled cheese made using mayo instead of butter on the bread and they are really good. Maybe mayo instead of butter with peanut butter on toast is kinda like that.

oh hell yea, mayo is GREAT for making a grilled cheese, it goes on the pan side of the bread instead of butter - REALLY good and it works

oh hell yea, mayo is GREAT for making a grilled cheese, it goes on the pan side of the bread instead of butter - REALLY good and it works
And makes 'em look really good too... i made mayo'd grilled cheese at work on Wednesday. Was badass!

Mayo on Sweet Corn, instead of Butter, is good.

PB and Mayo?
I would not have it any other way.
Keeps the bread or toast from being dry.
Now you need some banana on that.

That is not mayo ......see that "olive oil" disclaimer on the jar ....

translation: This is some nasty ***, greasy stuff that is packaged to appear like and fool some into thinking its mayo, but its NOT

if it were real mayo, I would be on board, but the olive oil makes me freak out and put up defense.

translation: This is some nasty ***, greasy stuff that is packaged to appear like and fool some into thinking its mayo, but its NOT

if it were real mayo, I would be on board, but the olive oil makes me freak out and put up defense.
I love my REAL mayo, but you would not believe it with that imposter stuff - it ain't bad at all

Actually, "real Mayo" is made with olive oil. The truth is that the type of oil doesn't really matter. Hellman's uses soy bean oil but true homemade mayo served in fine restaurants uses extra virgin olive oil. The "Light" part is what really makes the difference in composition.

Believe it or not, there's a standard of identity for mayo. Mayonnaise, as defined by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration must contain vinegar, egg or egg yolks, and at least 65% oil by weight. It may contain spices and natural seasonings except turmeric and saffron, since yellow color might suggest added egg yolk.

Therefore, anything that does not meet this requirement cannot be marketed in the US as real "mayonnaise".

Reduced fat mayos (called 'dressings'), do not have the same amount of oil (necesary to meet the standard). Since they reduce the amount of oil to reduce the calories, they replace it with extra water emulsified in using food grade stabilizers to mimic the oil. These stabilizers are just the same natural stabilizers (surfactants) contained in an egg that stabilizes the 'real' mayo. The just add it by itself without adding more eggs. People just don't recognize the chemical names or descriptions and think they are evil lab-created chemical monstrosities...but they aren't. It's just more of the same stuff that's already in an egg.

It's kinda like how some people would never drink from a bottle of liquid labeled "Di-hydrogen oxide distillate" but wouldn't have any issue if it's labeled with the more common name of..."water".

Veloute? What is Veloute?
It's French for "extra creamy" translated as "Velvety". Those are Canadian packages that carry both English and French descriptions on the label.

In other words, it's extra creamy peanut butter.

I'd be willing to try it. I've had grilled cheese made using mayo instead of butter on the bread and they are really good. Maybe mayo instead of butter with peanut butter on toast is kinda like that.
Grilled cheese n mayo?? On the breakfast bucket list now!
Mayo on Sweet Corn, instead of Butter, is good.
Cool, gonna have to try that one too.
PB and Mayo?
I would not have it any other way.
Keeps the bread or toast from being dry.
Now you need some banana on that.
Kinda like an Elvis sammich. Ive always loved PB with banana and it has to be the Kraft golden lid stuff. Pure gold.

Trust me its REAL MAYO. None of that Miracle Tit fakeass stuff. Lori likes the fake ****. Says it has a zip.
Texture is totally different and taste too.

Best peanut butter hands down. Try it on a toasted English Muffin....so fn good itll make you take back **** you never even stole. ..
It's French for "extra creamy" translated as "Velvety". Those are Canadian packages that carry both English and French descriptions on the label.

Trust me its REAL MAYO. None of that Miracle Tit fakeass stuff. Lori likes the fake ****. Says it has a zip.
Texture is totally different and taste too.
Actually, that jar in the picture isn't "real mayo" according to the US FDA definition and it is called "Mayonnaise Dressing" here by law.

380-990105-Products_OliveOil_Hero_300x335.jpg

I noticed that on your jar it is labeled as 'mayonnaise' but that's because the Canadian definition of the composition is different than the US. I can only imagine what the 'fake' stuff up there really is...probably far lighter than our 'mayonnaise dressing' definition and probably more like our "Miracle Whip" dressing is...

11482_00021000026494.jpg

Next time you're in the mood, try a little something that Uli and Irina turned us on to! Mix equal parts ketchup and mayo and dip your fries in that!! They called it "Der Schlanke", or the red and white!! It's really good!!

OH! Thanks bro.so that is peanutbutter & mayo on toast then. I did that as a kid since it was the only thing in the house and a hungry belly doesn't care much except being filled.

Next time you're in the mood, try a little something that Uli and Irina turned us on to! Mix equal parts ketchup and mayo and dip your fries in that!! They called it "Der Schlanke", or the red and white!! It's really good!!
Add some pickle relish and a dash of paprika and it's called "Russian Dressing". Just Mayo and ketchup is called "ketchunez" in Russia.

Yep it is good. Try mixing the mayo with mustard as fry dip. Yummy

Just chkd Hellmans site lol. No difference really between the Hellmans mayo and the olive oil version. Only difference I see is the olive oil.
Miracle whip doesn't even say "mayo" on it. I believe it just says "salad dressing"
Olive oil version better be real or next yer gonna tell me there is no Santa Claus....
Actually, that jar in the picture isn't "real mayo" according to the US FDA definition and it is called "Mayonnaise Dressing" here by law.

380-990105-Products_OliveOil_Hero_300x335.jpg

I noticed that on your jar it is labeled as 'mayonnaise' but that's because the Canadian definition of the composition is different than the US. I can only imagine what the 'fake' stuff up there really is...probably far lighter than our 'mayonnaise dressing' definition and probably more like our "Miracle Whip" dressing is...

11482_00021000026494.jpg

Yep it is good. Try mixing the mayo with mustard as fry dip. Yummy
Yep! I always had some mustard to the mayo when I make egg salad to give it a little zing too! Mix in a little extra sharp fine shredded white cheddar cheese to really push it over the top!

I'll have to try it with paprika. Ive made it with mayo n relish= tartar sauce. Yummy.
Ive eaten mayo by the spoonful outta the jar...Lori shakes her head.
Same goes for Peanut butter

Just chkd Hellmans site lol. No difference really between the Hellmans mayo and the olive oil version. Only difference I see is the olive oil.
Miracle whip doesn't even say "mayo" on it. I believe it just says "salad dressing"
Olive oil version better be real or next yer gonna tell me there is no Santa Claus....
Well, the "1/2 the fat of regular mayonnaise" on the label you posted in your pic tells you that it is reduced oil and that makes it the same as our "mayonnaise dressing" version. In your case it's HELLMANN'S ® WITH OLIVE OIL LIGHT

Here is the link for your version...

HELLMANN'S ® WITH OLIVE OIL LIGHT

Miracle Whip isn't even mayonnaise dressing here...it's just "dressing"

-
Back