Hug your A-Body today, carnage inside

-
Jim, sorry to see that

It will be hard to get it back on the road, but hopefully it is rebuildable and you can find what you need.

Glad no one was injured.

I have my dart sitting in the barn with nothing hooked to it and only a night light plugged in, but in my other barn, my Goldwing, prowler, imperial all have battery tenders on them, plus a lot of other crap plugged in.

The original wiring in my Dart is making me nervous.

man so sorry to see this. My 67 GTS I bought new was in the basement of my house when it was destoryed by an F-5 tornado 4/8/98. It, my daughter and myself were completely covered up in the rubble. I was sick as I know you are but as others have said life is more important. I didn't have any insurance on the car because I had the engine out of it and hadn't driven it on the road yet. Everything else was complete but I had to start over. My homeowners insurance didn't pay a dime on it. Hopefully you will come out better than I did with insurance, Good luck Joe

This is just sickening to read....Damn disgust

Take your time & salvage all that you can from the garage. Get lotsa pics and document everything possible for the insurance company. Don't be in a hurry and get all your paperwork in order. Good Luck!!

So sorry to see this, gives me a sick feeling. Glad your ok and hope you can rebuild it. BTW, a friend of mine restored a 34 Dodge that went through a garage fire and it is gorgeous. Hope you can too. I know 34 sheet metal is a lot heavier, but who knows?

Attachments

• CIMG0200.jpg
    132.8 KB · Views: 563
OMG Man i feel for you that would make me sick as hell I hope your Ins steps up and covers your loss .
Wow sorry

I am so sorry!!!!!!

Lost my house 2 years ago to fire. Lost my 69 Super Bee the same way in 84! Hope you are able to recover from it and wish that no one would ever have to go through events like that. Hope your insurance is adequate and the agent treats you as well as mine did!

I couldn't imagine how you feel. At least every one is alright. Sorry for your loss. I am sure you will find help with your car on this site when you are ready to start over. Don't give up on her. Looks like the Trans Am is gone. Keep the Dart. Steve

Sorry for your loss.
Lady Luck put me in the right place at the right time.
Many years ago I was just exiting a grocery store when I heard a fire truck coming close. Looking across the side street I see smoke bellowing from a basement garage door opening. A guy was backing one car away from blocking the door. Then he ran into the smoke filled basement just as the fire truck arrived. The guy ran out again saving nothing. I put my groceries in my car a sat there waiting for the smoke and excitment to clear. When I walked over there and asked if they knew what started the fire I was told, "A battery charger was connected to the battery in the car".
About 6 years later I built my own house with a basement garage. After almost 23 years living here there has never been a connected battery in my basement. Even the grandbabies Power Wheels and such got disconnected before going under this house.

I have quite a few things plugged in the garage, but I run everything through power bars. When I leave the garage I shut the two bars off.
Thanks for sharing the pics, this means it can happen to anyone.
Good luck with the car and the insurance..
Al

I'm really sorry to hear about your loss, the cars AND the house. :sad5: That right there is actually one of my biggest fears. Hopefully, the sheetmetal isn't warped anywhere, nor the interior too fried. I wish you all the best.....

Jim! I'm so sorry for your loss. I'm glad that you and your familt are ok. But the car can be fixed. But I can just imagine how much stuff that you have in the garage collected over the years!

Whenever you feel to start with your Dart, put out a list of parts that you need and the FABO comunity can help you out! That's the least we can do for you.

I'm not sure what to do if something like that would happened. But I followed your advice and vent out to the garage. I have now re-routed some stuff!

Thanks for that Jim.

Man that just sux...guess I'm done leaving my ride on the battery charger overnight. Hope all works out for the best.

Wow, that's hard to deal with, but glad nobody was hurt. :sad5:

I know I'll be double checking what I have plugged in before the end of the day.

I wish you all the best in all the recovering. Major loss, It makes me think about it everyday! Please let us know how it goes for you..:sad7:

damn. literally brought a tear to my eye. hopefully you can restore them both. glad no one was hurt.

Sad to see and glad no one was hurt.Hope your Dart can be saved.I,m interested to hear the outcome from your insurance.

-
Back