Hurricane Sandy

-

thomasjkt

Reaction score
Hurricane Sandy is on the move for the East Coast of the US, hope everyone stays safe, I'm in Central Pa and it sounds like things could get really nasty here with rain, high winds and maybe even snow. To early to tell for now.

I'm in Cleveland and raining pretty good now and gonna get worse on Saturday. For everyone in her path....stay safe!!

Been thru crap like this before growing up in Md. (30yrs) and living in central Va. (5yrs) and So.Fl. for (17 yrs) before moving to Sc. Still have kids and grandkids in Md. Good luck getting thru this mess guys....I know you can handle it :smile:.

Hurricane season does not end until first week of Nov. for us folks in Florida...

Its end of Oct, I though Hurricane's were over with.

Heres hoping that cold front that came through Michigan last night will blow the storm out to sea, lol....might be too weak thou

They keep saying its too early to say how bad it be, so just maybe it be not so bad

Looks like a heavy rain maker for us here in NC. Stepped outside to a nice 10-20 mph breeze already with those tropical showers we get. Going to get some beach erosion I'm sure. Heading out to Raleigh for my daughters marching band competition. I'm afraid we are going to get quite wet, but the trip is planned. Pray for those in Delaware or so that seem to be in the path of landfall later this weekend.

I am not happy about this storm sandy remember last year we got hammered at this time also with snow and high winds before the leaves fell,I was out of power for 7 days.
Heres a pic of the mess

Attachments

• 000_3297.jpg
    136.1 KB · Views: 537
Yep,here in its path in southeast Virginia. Hope its not too bad....

I''m in Harrisonburg VA and I really hope we don't get snow and rain like they are guessing right now. The last big storm like this flooded our back yard and lost some power.

Everyone stay safe and update us as you can.

I'll just echo what everyone else has said. STAY SAFE! Fingers crossed here.

Stay safe and locate all candles and put your milk in the freezer..
this gall named Sandy will do anything she want's too. So hunker down
and be safe.

By all accounts it's looking to be a bad one. The are talking up to 5 feet of snow for some parts of western Virginia. High winds, rain for the coast with wide spread power outages.

I'm ready as I'm gonna be,...Got a meeting with the Fire dept today @ 1p, Our Emergency Ops Center is up. Both stations have all of the Trucks, Ambulances, and the Gator all prepped, Everyone has their assignments....This storm is 800 miles wide, supposed to turn into a Nor'easter with damage equivelents equal to a Cat 3 Storm,...Don't mess around on the roads up here kids, It'll be a while before we come get you. I WILL pull my personnel if Its too dangerous to be out there.
Got water, fuel, and propane for my the grill, Full tanks on the Ram and the Jeep, got all my yard missles put a away, Pulled all the screens on the house,...Resecured the Spacer, Moved the Caliber and the wife's poncho to my cousins field, Got a new bar,5 freshly sharpened chains and two gallons of mix for the Stihl, Mom and Dad are all hunkered down.....

Bring It on...

I got a really big umbrella, might go out in the street with my skateboard and see how fast the wind can me get going.... :joker:

Getting all the chores done before the power goes out. Gotta bring all the yard stuff in. Trying to figure out a way to keep water out of my garage. Hoping the giant maple tree in our front yard stays vertical. My chainsaw is toast.

No generator here unfortunately, just hoping for the best. We were fortunate to have been able to plug an extension cord in to a neighbor's outlet for a few days last year to keep our fridge working. Our particular block was the only one in our immediate area without power for several days.

Got some ginger beer and Gosling's for some Dark and Stormy cocktails tonight. Probably carve pumpkins with the kids later.

Stay safe gang.

I'm as ready as i can get.
Looks like further south of us is getting the brunt of it.
I hope everyone here will be OK-Goodluck,be safe.

If she shows up I think I will just run around naked in the yard, and let her have her way with me.
Hahahahaa you so funny Ray, wear your protection :D mother nature has had here way with many............... she has been known to be a ***** and carry all kids of nasty chit :D

I'm ready as I'm gonna be,...Got a meeting with the Fire dept today @ 1p, Our Emergency Ops Center is up. Both stations have all of the Trucks, Ambulances, and the Gator all prepped, Everyone has their assignments....This storm is 800 miles wide, supposed to turn into a Nor'easter with damage equivelents equal to a Cat 3 Storm,...Don't mess around on the roads up here kids, It'll be a while before we come get you. I WILL pull my personnel if Its too dangerous to be out there.
Got water, fuel, and propane for my the grill, Full tanks on the Ram and the Jeep, got all my yard missles put a away, Pulled all the screens on the house,...Resecured the Spacer, Moved the Caliber and the wife's poncho to my cousins field, Got a new bar,5 freshly sharpened chains and two gallons of mix for the Stihl, Mom and Dad are all hunkered down.....

Bring It on...
:cheers: This is the way to be prepared :happy1:
Cook up a giant pot of chilly and freeze it :happy1: you may be the shepherd in your area :happy1:

Hahahahaa you so funny Ray, wear your protection :D mother nature has had here way with many............... she has been known to be a ***** and carry all kids of nasty chit :D

:cheers: This is the way to be prepared :happy1:
Cook up a giant pot of chilly and freeze it :happy1: you may be the shepherd in your area :happy1:

Every time the local news comes on they downgrade it.

Two days ago it was ten inches of rain and eighty mile an hour winds.

Latest forecast is four inches of rain and fifty mile winds.

-
Back