I feel a drag race coming on....

-

DERICKS

Reaction score
Having trouble with a pesky chevy guy at work....again. 2007 or 2008 standard vette running stock tires with a six speed and a supercharger. Supposedly made 515hp at the rear wheels after the install this winter. A little friendly jousting and one brief on road encounter led to me inviting him out to a test and tune in May. My car runs 12.00-12.20 at a 113mph on a good day, do you think I stepped in it this time?

I think you are good he has stock tires and a 6 speed. Nothin but tire spin!!! Your good.

You have a shot I think, if he can get it to hook up it is still a road car. I would love to see that race!

He'll probably show up with slicks so dot your i's and cross your t's or you'll never hear the end of it.keep it friendly and when you beat him don't rub it in and if you lose keep a big smile on (he spent a lot of Moo-Lah) to see you frown so..........were rootin for ya!!! :burnout:

You should be able to drill him off the line, unless he knows to use second gear, but you better run like hell cuss he'll be on your *** once he gets traction.

Terry

just do your thing and run a low 12.xx...you can get .1 or .2 (tenths) just by cutting a good light...just remember with his supercharger, he will be coming on like gangbusters the last 300 feet......

You better be getting some extra tree practice b/c THAT'S where you are gonna win or lose this one. If he KNOWS how to drive that car, and he gets the holeshot on you, you're in trouble. But that IS a race I'd love to watch.

I was joking around with some guys that I should take my 10.70 car and run them. When they make a snide remark, ask for 1 car length for every 10K more they have in their car than I have in mine. Some of them I'd be out 12 cars...

That vette, making 515 at the rear tires, even rolling out to a 2.0 60', should run low 11's at 125+ or so.

It would be fun to see, if you're lucky he'll be on the street tires and the IRS in the vette will do it's thing and not hook for **** hopefully your lil Mopar will be hookin 'n bookin and you can get him, sounds like he has too much money and not enough know how (typical vette guy) and I'm betting your the kinda Mopar guy that builds and beats his ride (that's how real Mopar guys do it) so if you get the win light it will be one to be proud of. IF you don't just say oh well any retired guy with goofy golf pants and a wallet can buy a vette, he won't like that :thumblef:

I think you can do it. Hopefully he spins, and you hook. He needs a supercharger to play catch up with us boys!!

I think you may have bit off too much. vettes dont spin much. They are pretty quick. Although my little ram dusted one from 55 to 110 mph.

Win or loose?Just keep a smile on your face regardless,he,s packin a supercharger!Sneak some juice in for the race?Even the score!

There is one at our local track running street exhaust and tires, very plain looking (Couldn't hear him come up to the line). When he ran a 12:02, I thought what in the world is in that thing. This should be a great race, post it if someone can video it for us all to see. Keep us posted. Walt

I will be rooting for ya and like most of us has said here, Have fun and when he misses a gear just tell him good luck next time.
I think you will get two lengths on him at 60 feet, he has a very heavy car so hit your marks and score a win. If not, Hay what a great day of racing.:-D

Hey win or loose at the end of the day you've got a Mopar and he's still stuck with a Blow-tie. I will say watch out tho, LSX's are tricky and kinda suprising motors

Man I don't know them vetts are quick cars and light too. If the guy knows how to drive I think he just may take you. I hope you do win though. Good luck.

Man I don't know them vetts are quick cars and light too. If the guy knows how to drive I think he just may take you. I hope you do win though. Good luck.

You are right, I was amazed how light they are Burtorange I did not know that a 2007 Vett Weights: curb weight (lbs) 3179. That is light. I learn somthing every day, I stand corrected 8) at 400 foot pounds Of T, off the show room floor.

-
Back