I finally have photo to post!

-

cudamark

Reaction score
Here's my '66 Barracuda drag car. Nothing too radical....366/727 8 3/4 with 4.56 S.G. The engine is a '77 Van motor (smog heads and all) with 11:1's and 1/2" lift cam. All steel (and bondo!) and a full interior except for the back seat. It wouldn't fit with the roll bar. Still tweeking but but it's run a best of 8.26 @ 91MPH. Need to get a higher stall convertor for better 60' times but she pulls hard on the top end!
Thanks, Mark

100_0425.jpg

nice looking car!!!
thanks for posting, Lawrence

Looking good, 91 mph in 1/8th mile is impressive!!

What do you use for tires. :)

Nice! A few more pictures! Please.

9 X 26" slicks. No traction problems at all! Very consistant car even with the changes and improvements I've made. It should get into the 7's with a better convertor. I'll have to put in the 7000 RPM chip however, as the last time out I was hitting the rev limiter before the lights.

Thanks, Mark

Looking good, 91 mph in 1/8th mile is impressive!!

What do you use for tires. :)
Oh yea, I guess I should have mentioned that it was the 1/8th mile and not the quarter. We haven't had a 1/4 mile track in so long that I forgot about that. As my heading says, I'm in the San Diego area where it's in the 70's today! I just had to rub that in a little! :) I guess we're the ones responsible for that global warming, eh?
Mark

Thank you for posting that picture. I have been debating whether I was going to go with a 6-pack scoop like I did on my Duster or with a Hemi Dart scoop on whatever fiberglass hood I purchase for the Barracuda. That picture solved it; I definately am going to go with a 6-pack scoop again.

Good looking Barracuda you got there.

Duster 2.jpg

I guess so! I like the way you blended the stripe into the grille.

Oh yea, I guess I should have mentioned that it was the 1/8th mile and not the quarter. We haven't had a 1/4 mile track in so long that I forgot about that. As my heading says, I'm in the San Diego area where it's in the 70's today! I just had to rub that in a little! :) I guess we're the ones responsible for that global warming, eh?
Mark

No Problem, I went 14.05 at 92 mph here in the local 1/4 mile a few years ago, {so I knew 8's at 90mph was 1/8th} in a car thats long gone, LOL.
{1972 Monte Carlo 454 with a cam, dual exhaust and street tires}

Going to be 5-10f here overnight, i see that they are cold in Europe,
Florida and other places. HAHAHA Global Warming? Heck the weather changes year to year, sometimes its hot for 15 years, then it gets cold for 10 etc.

San Diego is still a little bit further south than Albany,NY, so,
I bet its much nicer in the winter.

My Valiant supposedly was in that area for a few years.
Los Angeles build car, that came to the East coast 6 years ago.

valiant grilles and hood scoop look great,,lets see some other shots of the killer cuda,,,im sure with your year round 70 degrees you can find time to take pics while the rest of us dream of TEE SHIRT weather

Welcome to FABO, cudamark. I'm up the road a little north of you in OC.
You're going to have fun here. Great site, great people, and the best Mopar techs around.

valiant grilles and hood scoop look great,,lets see some other shots of the killer cuda,,,im sure with your year round 70 degrees you can find time to take pics while the rest of us dream of TEE SHIRT weather
With ten '66 Barracudas, working 6 days a week, and 75 degree weather you think I have time to take pictures??? :) I'll do my best but no promises. Mopars at the Strip in Las Vegas is just 2 1/2 months away. Bring yours on out here and run it. I haven't decided if I'm going to take the car or not but I'll be there.
Thanks, Mark

With ten '66 Barracudas, working 6 days a week, and 75 degree weather you think I have time to take pictures??? :) I'll do my best but no promises. Mopars at the Strip in Las Vegas is just 2 1/2 months away. Bring yours on out here and run it. I haven't decided if I'm going to take the car or not but I'll be there.
Thanks, Mark

Man, you gotta job? You are lucky.
Nice 1/8 mile times. What kind of exhaust are you using?

Man, you gotta job? You are lucky.
Nice 1/8 mile times. What kind of exhaust are you using?
It's got a pair of those Spitfire chassis headers and full exhaust through flowmasters. You want my job? It's for sale.....I'm ready to retire!
Thanks, Mark

-
Back