I go into a buddies shop and see a nice Duster. Or so I thought

-
Rainy, I have to disagree with you on this one. My 71 Scamp had it mounted in the same location from the factory. Not to mention I have seen other 71's with the valve as well. Now unless your talking just strictly Dusters.

You may be confusing the 1971 NOX with the later OSAC. NOT the same thing.

I really hate black under the hood Mopars, even though I own one because I bought it that way, but overall it's a nice-looking Mopar. It might be a hodgepodge of parts put together, but it's still a Mopar. Gosh I hope you don't critique my car because it'll be like 20 different cars put together by the time I'm done. At least its titled and legal and I wouldn't misrepresent what it is.

Gosh I hope you don't critique my car because it'll be like 20 different cars put together by the time I'm done. At least its titled and legal and I wouldn't misrepresent what it is.

And that's the point here. There's a difference between razzing a guy about a black engine bay. And a guy taking a 73 body, and changing everything INCLUDING the vin and fender tag so title and present it as a 70 H code car. It's not, its a 73 probably slant car. And like I said, a 73 duster with a 440 in it is cool in its own way. To call it an H code car and have the intent to deceive others is the problem here.

She is a sharp cookie, really knows this stuff.

The illegal part is one thing and I'm against it, as well as people that intentionally try to deceive others in a sale (we don't know if this is what he wants to do).

Outside of that, as long as it's safe, he probably made improvements on a '73 and up rusted /6 car that most here would have said it was a mere parts car.
I am a firm believer in "your car, your money, do what you want". Going down the street, or at the strip it's not a bad looking car. And the 440 could make it a fun toy. I'd rather see this (outside of illegal activity) get done to a car than see it be junked and hit the bone yard.

Another side of the 'fraud' issue.

If he has it titled & insured as a '70, it is also insurance fraud.

Title & policy should match the body.

If he is in an accident & they notice the altered numbers, they do not have to pay & could possibly even prosecute him.

If the 'donor' body turns out to be stolen, then bigger troubles for him.

-
Back