I have fallen and I cant get up

-

340six

Reaction score
I Finnaly found my stock 1973 vavle covers. I had years ago stripped, tanked, sanded/polished, and handed off to a shop to get tripple plated. It was common back then for me to do so to keep cost down.
Anyway i must have gotten them back and boxed up.
The driver side rear stand must have gotten bent. I am sure they are straight up. I do not run a trans rod just a troddle cable so maybe i can run wires under instead of over. Anyone have a picture of the 1973 340 covers? Funny thing is looks factory bent even though it is not. It would ruin it to bend.

I also found my Holley-M/T covers i bought at a local Speed Shop at 16 years old. They used to be black wrinkle finish.
But for physical therapy Doc wants me to do more with hands fingers ( neurosurgery recovery) so I stripped them and started to sand/polish. Not sure if i am going to paint inside fins or polish

Any one have or can shoot a picture of their 1973 340 driver side cover stand?

20230922_082136.jpg

20230922_082058.jpg

Last edited:
The ones i am working on as PT. Man I am slow now used to bang out small parts and intakes quickly. And reconditioned lots and lots of Stainless Trim.
Still better than typing with 2 fingers and hardly able to use a spoon. I may or may not just finish polish tge covers and shoot inside fins Ralley wheel silver or med gray argent, and call it a day or go all the way. Like the trans pan i did. As i do have other things i can do instead

20230922_082250.jpg

View attachment 1716151329

B&M.JPG.jpg

Last edited:
One more try, might be to much bling if i do the inside the fins like this.

B&M-1.jpg

The ones i am working on as PT. Man I am slow now used to bang out small parts and intakes quickly. And reconditioned lots and lots of Stainless Trim.
Still better than typing with 2 fingers and hardly able to use a spoon. I may or may not just finish polish tge covers and shoot inside fins Ralley wheel silver or med gray argent, and call it a day or go all the way. Like the trans pan i did. As i do have other things i can do instead

View attachment 1716151328

View attachment 1716151329

View attachment 1716151330
Your work looks great!

I think the fella that polished this shorty 727 for me ran out of steam by the time he got to the pan. Yours looks much better!

20160718_173058.jpg

20160718_150713.jpg

I have done a few. Heres tge last one i did but before final polish (color)

Transmission-Case.jpg

Transmission-Tail-Shaft.jpg

-
Back