I resisted as long as I could...

-

MMissile

Reaction score
Over the last 5 decades, I've purchased a few new trucks and motorcycles. I'm a "car" guy at heart, but never purchased a new car. However... Since doing my 6.4 conversion in my `cuda, I've warmed to the idea of a NEW car. So I made an impulse buy yesterday. I believe it's a great car, rare in today's world, and suits me. No crazy scoops, wings, splitters, defusers, stripes, or cartoon characters...... I'll take delivery tomorrow. 2023 Chrysler 300C.
I hope it stays a solid and trouble-free unit till I'm gone....

300C 9-18-23.jpg

Nice looking machine

I've not had one of those but, had a "Charger" .. and a Magnum wagon .. I'd buy another new magnum wagon if they still made them

Very nice. I love the color. I think you did good. When I bought mine I did get a service contract because I know what some of the problems can be. Mostly trying to get the parts if it breaks down. But I'll take a Charger over a Tesla any day.

The trunk looks so short on the 300 models.
The Challenger trunk looks bigger.

Challenger 3-14 237.JPG

You will like it. My "adoptive" mother has one. The only thing it's lacking to be a tank is a gun turret on the hood. They can really take the abuse.

Wife has had her 300 glacier since 2013. 56,00miles now runs and looks like new. Only trouble was when she upgraded the navigation and had to get it reset at the dealer. Bet you will be thrilled with your gorgeous ride.

Krusty is at a standstill, till I get some other issues sorted-out around the home. Most all of it has to do with water. I've got people trenching and perf-piping a bunch of my place, a new well pump, and now the water is shitty. New system is required for making it good again. We're also returning lots of housewares, after a complete re-trim, repaint, and new carpet. Replaced some furniture, and getting all my cars back up and useable.
I've been buying parts for Krusty, and the brake system is working. Too much going on, right now.
Thanks for asking.

Krusty is at a standstill, till I get some other issues sorted-out around the home. Most all of it has to do with water. I've got people trenching and perf-piping a bunch of my place, a new well pump, and now the water is shitty. New system is required for making it good again. We're also returning lots of housewares, after a complete re-trim, repaint, and new carpet. Replaced some furniture, and getting all my cars back up and useable.
I've been buying parts for Krusty, and the brake system is working. Too much going on, right now.
Thanks for asking.
Great to hear! Sounds like lots of stuff to keep busy with, keep up the good work!

Congrats! Beautiful car in a great color. Hemi or V6? We had one that was a rental while my wife's car was in the shop after being hit. Rode like a cloud and had plenty of giddyup for a V6 in a barge....lol. Hope you enjoy it for many years to come. I'm 66, and have also had only 1 new vehicle in my life. 2004 Ram 2500 diesel...still got it.

:thumbsup:

Thank you. The 300 has a 6.4 hemi, and all the bells and whistles. My only new truck, is my 2003 Ram. I still have it, also. No way I'd pay 100K+ for a new one. Mine is in great shape, and still pulls like a semi.
101_1932.jpg

Is that really a Sterling?

It saddens me that the brand was left to die.

It could have been a contenda.

...and we lost the former ford Louisville line in the same process.

Is that really a Sterling?

It saddens me that the brand was left to die.

It could have been a contenda.

...and we lost the former ford Louisville line in the same process.
No, it's a 2003 Ram. I found all the emblems and grill for the Sterling. Sterlings started at 4500 chassis.

Neither did I. LOL
I found out about that on a fluke.
You are going to love it. It is my car of choice when I rent cars while traveling. Not sure what it weighs but man it is a smooth ride. And quite zippy given its girth and mass! It’s no scat pack but it is just super comfy. Well played Sir!

Nice!

First time since 2015 that they offered the 6.4 in the 300. And I think they only built 2000 of them.

Basically a Scat Pack Charger in a 300.

Yeah Sterling was another company that Daimler bought, took all of the money then left them in ashes

You are going to love it. It is my car of choice when I rent cars while traveling. Not sure what it weighs but man it is a smooth ride. And quite zippy given its girth and mass! It’s no scat pack but it is just super comfy. Well played Sir!
This is a Scat Pak. Just no wingy things, stripes, or cartoon animals on it. Much nicer for me in appearance. Also rarer than a Demon. I like subtle things, and this is as subtle of an ***-kicker as I could find. My grandfather would have loved this. He bought a new 300, almost yearly.

Last edited:
-
Back