Idea for a virtual and true ENGINEMASTERS CHALLENGE

-
Its tempting BUT I am by NO MEANS an engine builder or have access to a dyno. Nick's us about 3-4 hours from me. Be interesting to "see" what the difference is between a lowrise DQ and a LD340.

Its tempting BUT I am by NO MEANS an engine builder or have access to a dyno. Nick's us about 3-4 hours from me. Be interesting to "see" what the difference is between a lowrise DQ and a LD340.
What was the “low rise DQ?”
Down here in the 75 degree weather :poke:(, it means Dairy Queen!

DQ= Dual quad
I bet the ld340 and a good 4bl dp is better everywhere. And maybe as much as 8-10 at peak.

Cool idea, I'd be interested in getting involved if it happens in the states eventually

I feel like the big block things already been done... because it has . Jim did that, made an awesome amount of power too.
I've always wanted to see a factory Iron Head small block shootout, no rhs nothing aftermarket... find the best castings and do what you can, cam style optional with a limit of .600 lift and [email protected]. Make it a 'I can use this in my street car' kinda thing. Yeah I like the fast class.
Regardless if this happens, good idea none the less.

I would expect to see things pretty close then without much to the imagination.
Rpms or trickflows, rollers, vic's, etc.
I can read old magazines for that type of comparisons.
Maybe a rule that says no porting that changes the intake runners, but bowl blending is ok? Some of the factory bowls have horrible ledges. Again, it's not my game.

Just make different classes, big block, small block, then iron heads, aluminum and so on. Let the shivvy and furd boys play. I want to see some mopar stomping. And when **** blows up, we may learn what not to do. Make them put in a car and drive 1000 miles for the win like a drag week thingy. Oh yeah, make an amateur class as well.

Just make different classes, big block, small block, then iron heads, aluminum and so on. Let the shivvy and furd boys play. I want to see some mopar stomping. And when **** blows up, we may learn what not to do. Make them put in a car and drive 1000 miles for the win like a drag week thingy. Oh yeah, make an amateur class as well.
Ahhhhhhhh!!!
The whole thing is an amateur class.
While we do indeed have a few pro builders, and I think you know who they are….. they can compete amongst themselves (so to speak) and the hobby guys, everyone else, can just duke it out between themselves. Ether way, it’s a win win. We get to see who does what, maybe explain why and see how it performs.

We kind of have this in the race sections sticky spot up top with the “How to or how I ran 14, 13, 12, 11, 10, 9’s and quicker threads. Granted it’s (or should be) more than just an engine description since it was laid out for anyone to read what it takes to get there CAR and not just the engine into a certain time zone.

Plenty of guys have added their rides!
It’s really a mini gold mine taking a lot of guess work out for a new guy or someone looking to really step it up.
I guess it depends on how it's judged or ruled. Maybe a power per cubic inch rule? I don't know. It's not my idea......but I do like it.
RAMM said he missed the engine masters competition. I believe he is going along the same lines and rules with maybe a added or subtracted rule.

After all, this should be fun. It’s a friendly competition between FABO’er members. There’s no prizes involved! Just a chance to show you got your **** going on. That’s it.

Like I said, I’m game if it can be set up here in the states.

It’s EZ getting into Canada. They’re like, “Sure! Come on in and enjoy! Have a great time!”

Getting into the USA….. they greet you with a mean face and a scowl, they give you an evil smile, hole up there right hand and snap the runner glove tight with there left & say…

“Sir! Please kindly step out of the car for an inspection and walk over to and behind the green screen.”

Then you walk out from behind the screen looking like Woody Allen after his solo trip through the “Orgasmtron” only to see your car in pieces needing reassembly. Followed by….

Thank you SIR! Welcome to the United States of America, move along, move along…..”

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

That’s true. We will never agree. RAMM has to listen to ideas and thoughts and not worry to much on concerns and other peoples bitching about something they don’t like. If someone doesn’t want to join in, tough crap is what I’d say.

I don't want to be the kill joy, but lets face it , it ain't going to happen. Not when people have to put up their own money, for little gain and you also expect this place to agree on anything.

That’s true. We will never agree. RAMM has to listen to ideas and thoughts and not worry to much on concerns and other peoples bitching about something they don’t like. If someone doesn’t want to join in, tough crap is what I’d say.
Exactly…

I don't want to be the kill joy, but lets face it , it ain't going to happen. Not when people have to put up their own money, for little gain and you also expect this place to agree on anything.
I agree with you…see what I did there

Well that’s not my problem now is it?

:lol:
Using Speedmaster opens the contest to everyone financially versus W2/Brodix/Indybrock, $, W5, W9.

Magnums & LA’s are relatively Available/cheap (my guess) everywhere.

But as devil’s advocate, there are (seems like) more 440’s for sale here in Texas than all the abodies ever made. So availability isn’t a problem if people want to do big blocks.

Rumblefish, how does exotic machine work threaten competition versus skilled porting?

What machining/porting would you suggest be acceptable in a competition?

Like boring, align-honing, decking the blocks-basics acceptable.?.

No exotic parts???

I like the idea of a competition truly open to the public. More entries, more glory to the winner, more camaraderie among the competition.

If people wanted other brands participating, perhaps 351 Windsor engines (no cleavors) and SBC with a specific displacement limitation or range.?

I’m Using Speedmaster opens the contest to everyone financially versus W2/Brodix/Indybrock, $, W5, W9.
LMAO! While I don’t know if you can still get the W2 head, at the last pricing I seen, approximately $650 per bare head, give or take, it’s not exactly in line with cheap chink heads price wise. The only thing you’re adding to the head is valves, retainers and locks. Springs you say? Will the springs on a cheap as chink head hold up to a nice .600 solid cam?

Nooooooooooooooo it won’t! (LOL!)
So now add springs to the head. Still cheapest cost and crapiest flow.

The W2/5 are the cheapest. Never mind a W9.
This statement is off balance and assuming as if someone is walking in with W9 heads all done and ready to rock.

Besides, this is ready a question for someone else.
NOT ME! Thank you very much!
Magnums & LA’s are relatively Available/cheap (my guess) everywhere.
Define cheap that doesn’t need a rebuild. Further more, what stock head is race ready?
Rumblefish, how does exotic machine work threaten competition versus skilled porting?
IMO, a person that has never ported a head before is going to get creamed vs a pro porter. That’s also how I seen “Exotic Machine work.”

I’d also like to say, “Seriously, are you F’in kidding me here?!?!”
What machining/porting would you suggest be acceptable in a competition?
Not my game, I have no dog.
Like boring, align-honing, decking the blocks-basics acceptable.?.
Isn’t that possibly the basic machining of an engine block?
Why would you think that’s not OK and even more so when no rules have been talked about by the person who has the idea, the OP, RAMM.
No exotic parts???
What’s exotic to you?
I like the idea of a competition truly open to the public. More entries, more glory to the winner, more camaraderie among the competition.

If people wanted other brands participating, perhaps 351 Windsor engines (no cleavors) and SBC with a specific displacement limitation or range.?
I like a Mopar only, FABO only with a minimum post count to enter. This helps keep this idea a true in house - so to speak - competition.

The only engine that shouldn’t need a rebuild that hasn’t already been rebuilt would be a Magnum engine or a new Hemi. Both do not meet the OP’s idea and thoughts of the stated big block idea.

-
Back