I'll try again NGK ZFR5N (3459) anybody using these plugs ?

-

rustytoolss

Reaction score
So is anybody using the NGK ZFR5N (3459) extended projected nose plugs in there small block ? If so what can you tell me ? good/bad

I'll ask.......What combo are you're using them in? Looks to be used on V10 and some jeep applications?

Not saying they wont work, but if you explain your specific need, someone here should be able to help with a recommendation?

I'll ask.......What combo are you're using them in? Looks to be used on V10 and some jeep applications?

Not saying they wont work, but if you explain your specific need, someone here should be able to help with a recommendation?

I've got a 273+.030 flat top pistons, 302 heads/ 8.8-1 / edel performer, small TQ, GM HEI, stock cam and hyd valve train. auto with 3.23s in a Dodge A100 pickup.
I was mostly interested in these plugs because of what I've read about extending deeper into the chamber (more centered) , slant6 guys said they get a smoother better performance And better mileage. I'm just asking what others think ?

we like them in our slants, run great on everything under 11:1 NA and boost.

we like them in our slants, run great on everything under 11:1 NA and boost.

That's what I've been hearing. But the only one who has said they were using them in a SB has been S/6 Dan... just would like to hear from someone else about them.

That's what I've been hearing. But the only one who has said they were using them in a SB has been S/6 Dan... just would like to hear from someone else about them.

whats it matter? they are a good plug for a mild to hottish build. with the extended tip you get a better flame front due to the tip being into the chamebr farther, a compression bump, and a NGK. try it and it you like it great, if not go back to whatever the norm is, but im willing to bet it loves it so long as the piston dosn't hit it

The reason us slant guys love them is cause the stock plug tip location is next door neighbors to a dead spot in the combustion chamber.

-
Back