"I'm getting out of MoPar" threads.........

-

66340SEDAN

FABO Member #3649
Reaction score
What's the deal when these threads that pop up from time-to-time? Seen a few lately, I don't get it...is it a money thing? Tired of the old car hobby or Mopar in general...why? Heart not in it? Money? Flipper? If you are sick of it, then why not just jump ship and go? I'm not ripping the members without car's who are looking or struggling to find the right car, or lack of funds...I have a deep passion for these cars......and would NEVER jump ship...and I like all old old cars but LOVE and am passionate about Mopars and couldn't imagine ever going another way....EVER.....just seeing what you all think...:glasses7:

BTW...I'm not talking about this new car garbage....Buttstains, Crapmaros or Challys.....just vintage iron.......

I think that some of the people feel "bullied" by some of the posts of "Others"....

I have had a few old cars over the years and have gone for long stretches in between where I don't have a car at all. I guess it all boils down to what your priorites are at the time.

Family, finances or even a person's health can have a huge impact on their ability or desire to own a classic Mopar.

Personally, I do love my Mopars, but I am even more passionate about the great outdoors, and especially fishing. If it came down to a choice between my car hobby and fishing...... fishing would win hands down! Thankfully though, I am lucky enough to be in a position where I can still enjoy both.

But as far as brand loyalty goes..... There is no other car I would rather be in than a Mopar!!

I don't think one reason fits all. For me its just burned out on the subject.
If I can swap everything a-body for a single Mercedes 520 vert, show me where to sign. That is the only other car that I like so much.

I think why some people may jump ship is:

They just can't find "their" Mopar where they live for a good price or just can't find one. But they love the look, the feel and are passionate bout the old cars, so just jump into what they can. Weither be a ford or chevy. Me, it's all about Mopar. I do have a chevy caviler just because I could not find a Neon at the time I needed a car with great MPG's. But the rest are Mopar 71 Swinger, 75 Power Wagon, 04 Ram, 12 Journey. Hell, even our camper is a 07 Road Runner. My son has a 09 Challenger "super charged". My daughter is currently looking for a Jeep.
Me jump ship? Hell NO not now or ever.
Shoot, time to go to work. Later folks.

I'm prob going with a GM product after I get all my cars sold. And it is not because I don't love my mopars, cause I do. But the aftermarket for our loved Mopars is getting ridiculous! The prices of normal pieces are getting way out of wack, and I blame the times of the "car investor". People who are buying the classic car in order to only make a profit, not because they have a love for driving or building them.

The LS or ford platforms are so much more cost effective now. It would cost you thousands to just MOUNT a modern hemi into a-body when installing a Ls1 platform into say a G body would only cost $350 for mounts and crossmember. Price gouging for the mopar aftermarket is very apparent, and it is only going to get worse.

Rolling Cuda's costing $10k for a PILE OF JUNK needing full quarters, fenders, floor boards, full interior pieces. That's why people are leaving the classic mopar scene, cause it now cost $15k-20k to build a decent driver.

It seems a lot of the time it is absolute disgust with the body shop taking for ever to get their car done. Finances, health, place to work, family issues, lack of skill , reality check and etc. may be coming in to play. Sometimes people are just very depressed over their car and just need to vent.

I am not going to judge what other people are going through that brought them to feel the need to get out of the hobby. Simple solution would be, if those type of threads bother you then don't read them or post on them.

The economy is hard on us old car people and this winter is a long one

I have theory that a lot of it rides on people needing attention and think posting that kind of crap is going to get them what they need.

even if I were to sell out , I wouldn't tell anybody about , I would just do it

I mean , in the end , who really gives a **** if you sell your duster for a Camaro or what - not , just shut up and do it. they are the ones who have to live with it , not me LOL

What's the deal when these threads that pop up from time-to-time? Seen a few lately, I don't get it...is it a money thing? Tired of the old car hobby or Mopar in general...why? Heart not in it? Money? Flipper? If you are sick of it, then why not just jump ship and go? I'm not ripping the members without car's who are looking or struggling to find the right car, or lack of funds...I have a deep passion for these cars......and would NEVER jump ship...and I like all old old cars but LOVE and am passionate about Mopars and couldn't imagine ever going another way....EVER.....just seeing what you all think...:glasses7:

BTW...I'm not talking about this new car garbage....Buttstains, Crapmaros or Challys.....just vintage iron.......
im fortunate enough to have a old dart and a new rt challenger which I consider the best car mopar ever built the times are changing interest is shifting to the new stuff.at any given time 60 people are logged on a body forum and 900 are logged on challenger talk

The only way I am getting out of mopars is when I pull on the door handle and step out into the driveway. That said...

I can also see how a person can get disheartened or just in over their head. Prices are sky high for almost everything. I have over 3k in paint. Not paint job, just paint. 4k into a motor I assembled. I have done as much as I can myself on this restoration and still coming in over 20,000. A few of you have that much into the motor or paint alone. for a lot of us that is a ton of money to fix a car how we want it. Few some it is more than they expected.

Even if I didnt have a Mopar I would still be a Mopar guy.Its what I know and cared enough to learn about. I couldnt tell you casting numbers of chevy heads and wouldnt want to but I can Mopar.

im fortunate enough to have a old dart and a new rt challenger which I consider the best car mopar ever built the times are changing interest is shifting to the new stuff.at any given time 60 people are logged on a body forum and 900 are logged on challenger talk

Maybe because 900 can buy a car but only 60 are smart enough to work on them. Not cutting your car down just saying its easier to buy a car than build and service an older one.

for the true Mopar lover....Mopars are either in your blood....or not. We can't control it....only try to contain it.

Sometimes some have to leave ( or at least announce they are leaving ) for a short.....but hopefully they make it back.....if not....then have a nice day.

In the immortal words of John Milner (American Graffitti)
"You go on (wherever).....I'll be right here....havin' fun.....as usual!"

If the day comes and some one see's my stuff (and I have allot) go up for sale its becouse
I am in my dyeing bed :coffee2: Why in the world would I change what has been so good to me for well over 40 years 8) Mother MoPar has been good to me, plus I know what will interchange
to keep my MoPars on the road, heck I pulled the starter and ECU off my /6 66 Valiant and carried it to my cousins house and 40 miles away to help him get his 77 ramcharger home
when he was stuck at a boat ramp (same here on fishing Captain Canuck) when his starter bit the dust. Do that with any other brand :-D
I don't have big money but I have a big hart when it comes to what I drive and get seen driving, people would freak if they seen me driving a chevy,ford,oldsmobile daily. :protest:
You can't tell it by looking at my 66 Plymouth or 85 Ramcharger, but I put what pennies I can to move forward to make them better a little at a time, Body work comes last in my book :coffee2: first reliability and safety and get the carriage to my liking.. I have well over 2.500 on upgrades to my 66 Valiant and well worth my time and that candle will never blow out, I have kept my 85 Ramcharger on the road and he gets used by :color: my sons and wife now, why would I even consider getting out of MoPar .. I HAVE A DREAM and keeping the dream keeps me happy and young at hart :color: Yes FISHYPETE made a good and realistic point :coffee2: This has been one of the worst winters we have had to deal with and that it self can drive some folks to needing a change..
You will never ever see me post I wish I had the Money or I am broke!! even if I am I have a dream and if I am broke it's no ones business Broke = Need to save up

I am a MoPar man and always will be...Period 8)

But remember :coffee2: It takes all kinds to make the world go round :toothy1:

Maybe because 900 can buy a car but only 60 are smart enough to work on them. Not cutting your car down just saying its easier to buy a car than build and service an older one.

Well said :coffee2:

I am 44 and bought my first Mopar when I was 15 in 1985.I have thought about getting out of Mopar a few times over the last few years but I just can not do it.For me it's the gas prices and the cost of parts.I would say the cost of the cars too but if you look long and hard enough you can find a car at a fair price.I used to have 3-4 Mopar toys at all times but nowadays it is hard to keep one car going.And for the last several years I have ran big blocks, but now have a slant 6 Duster....Way easier on gas.I have always said if you want to play you must pay!!!

I am 44 and bought my first Mopar when I was 15 in 1985.I have thought about getting out of Mopar a few times over the last few years but I just can not do it.For me it's the gas prices and the cost of parts.I would say the cost of the cars too but if you look long and hard enough you can find a car at a fair price.I used to have 3-4 Mopar toys at all times but nowadays it is hard to keep one car going.And for the last several years I have ran big blocks, but now have a slant 6 Duster....Way easier on gas.I have always said if you want to play you must pay!!!

Wow, I never thought of this, but you have haven't you :coffee2:
I have seen and enjoyed all of your Mopars, hang in there mopar brother :cheers:

-
Back