Im kinda Bummed

-
Today got my yearly bonus. Was $950 last year. Opened envelope and is is half. Was hoping to buy turbo, blow off and waste gate. This won't even buy turbo. Looks like time to do some more scrappin

I am sorry but you should be damn happy you got anything instead of crying about what you didn't get.

Wow. I must be lucky! Last year I only grossed about $22k but
I got a $1,200 "Christmas" bonus! I say "Christmas" because we went out for our "Christmas" supper in February I think!

I least you didn't get laid off, in todays corporate America a bonus is a thing of the past

Only for the workers, not the CEO's.... :finga: :violent1:

I remember we had a 3 year pay freeze and no bounuses. One year the upper management two levels above me and higher got a "double bonus". A single bonus was equal to their year's salary, and we got squat.... :evil3:

No bonus, no pay raise. :finga:

I stopped busting my *** as hard after that. We were on the ground floor working our asses off, getting the job done, and all they do is sit in meetings and tell us that we were not working hard enough. :finga:

We started calling them "seagull managers" as they would swoop in and scream and crap over everything, then go away - every 3-6 months. No matter how much progress we made, it wasn't good enough for them. :finga:

Then they told us if we wanted to work on a Saturday and get paid overtime, we would have to put in 2 hours every day of the week as "casual overtime" with no pay. They wanted us to work 10 hours for free, just to get paid 8 hours of overtime on the weekend. :finga:

I didn't spend 50 K out of my pocket to go to college and get a degree with no financial aid or scholarships just to give it away for free. :finga:

First off I have been a mechanic for over 30 years. The reason I work at the place I do is for some of the fringes and benefits.
I have not gotten a raise in 4 years and I started this job at a lower wage because of a horrible job market. Mechanics in this area are making $5 hour more than me. The perks and bonuses are what make up the difference.
Look at my build to see if I am being unrealistic.
My bonuses are my yearly one time big money I can spend on my car. Last year I bought Disc Brakes, Rear Suspension parts and a 10PT cage.

Seeing that this is turning out to be a bit of a rant thread, i'll toss my 2 bits in......
Where i work, we do not get bonuses. Never have and never will.
The kahuna even told us to our faces that our job was our bonus, and be thankful for that.
Meanwhile, his bonus was 100 grand last year, on top of his 130 grand salary.
And the supervisors got about 30 grand each ''because they did a great job to motivate us to increase production by 10%''.
They were up front about it, and threw it in our faces.
That my friends, is a BIG kick in the ***.
All was not lost though, we got 2 large pizzas and a dozen cans of pop to split between the 14 of us when we exceeded the production record for one shift last February.
So anyone who gets a bonus at all has nothing to complain about.
Yes, i'm looking elsewhere for a different job, and yes, i am happy for what i have got, which is better than no job.
I've been there 13 years BTW and it just keeps getting worse.......
Rant over.

its been a few years,since i got even a raise. i am topped out on the pay scale after working at my place of employment for 20 years. last year i stepped up to become a department crewchief, got a raise, then come jan 1 , 2014 obumbler care took that and then some in taxes.

a guy who works for me mentioned raises , of course i dont give out raises, these are done by automatic payscale on a yearly basis, so i was joking with him and said, give yourself a raise, stick a jack up your *** LOL !!

Matt

its not that bad, its only one hundred dollars.

First off I have been a mechanic for over 30 years. The reason I work at the place I do is for some of the fringes and benefits.
I have not gotten a raise in 4 years and I started this job at a lower wage because of a horrible job market. Mechanics in this area are making $5 hour more than me. The perks and bonuses are what make up the difference.
Look at my build to see if I am being unrealistic.
My bonuses are my yearly one time big money I can spend on my car. Last year I bought Disc Brakes, Rear Suspension parts and a 10PT cage.

So your projects are more important than bringing food to the table? again, be grateful you have a job, I know lots of guys here In California that are struggling to make ends meet all year round with no yearly bonuses, you're more concerned about bringing rear suspension parts to the table. So, are you being realistic? Hell no!!! Are you being materialistic? Hell yeah you are!!!

Where I was working, we used to get "profit sharing" bonuses if we made a profit that year. It was nice. A few good years, we made some nice cash.

Then they "supposedly" hit hard times. (more like cooked one set of books). We went three years with no bonus and no cost of living raise.

I was lower management. One year the "upper management" three levels higher than me and above got a "bonus" and we got squat. Not even a cost of living raise that we were due for three years. We go to find out that the upper level management bonus was in fact a "double bonus". A "single bonus" was equivalent to their years' salary. And we are talking about triple digit salaries. They got twice that, and we got NOTHING.

We were the ones pounding the floor and making things happen while they just sat in meetings doing nothing and telling us that we were not doing enough. That's when I slowed down and stopped working as hard as I used to....

Sounds about right. I used to work on Sunday at the USPS. Had to finish up any mail that got screwed up on Saturday night. USPS has a multi tier boss system, SDO, supervisor of district operations...aka floor bosses, report to MDO, manager of district operations who report to the lead MDO of the shift. Was ordered one day to run the 700 or letters that did not get processed thru the stamp cancelling machine that puts that orange tag on the back of the mail. In order to do this the BDS.....
http://www.nalc.org/depart/safety/USPSBDS.html
needed to be turned on. So the lead MDO ordered one of the ET's to fire it up. BDS system was not even warmed up and Homeland Security was there....contract for BDS states no run time on Sunday, or at least that is what the USPS Inspection service claimed back then. Fast forward to Monday night...both Starvos, the ET who fired up the BDS and I were hauled off the floor by the Inspection Service. Were told that we technically had committed an act of Domestic Terrorism by doing what we done...and were threatened with legal action. When we explained that we were doing as Rose, the lead MDO ordered, they bought her in as well. She claimed she never ordered us to fire the BDS/AFCS up. So she left us hanging...Seems like you are damned if you do damned if you don't some days.....

For what it is worth, be thankful you got a bonus....some of us are scraping to get by on SSDI......

**** like what you went thru is why i record all important conversations at work using my phone, and i never delete any intercompany email.

matt

We were the ones pounding the floor and making things happen while they just sat in meetings doing nothing and telling us that we were not doing enough. That's when I slowed down and stopped working as hard as I used to....[/QUOTE]

used to have a supervisor at work, that i found out used to shoot his mouth off in a local bar that a lot of our workers hang out at. he used to say i used to screw around, and start working when they gave me overtime, i put the brakes on real fast. when he asked me why all of a sudden my production was down, i told him i was only doing exactly what he said i was doing at said local bar. told him i wanted to make sure it was accurate.

slowing down has a code name at my work amongst the hourly workers. we call it cool whippin.

Matt

Not quite sure where people get me not putting food on the table. I work 60 hours a week and we pay out bills and help our 2 college students out as much as we can. The only money I use for spending and my car is what I make on the side wrenching and scrappin and my 1 time a year bonus. My paycheck is direct deposited and I see $0 of it.
I used to make $40K to $80k a year self employed before economy took a ****. So making $36k punching a time clock is a definite pay cut.

Not quite sure where people get me not putting food on the table. I work 60 hours a week and we pay out bills and help our 2 college students out as much as we can. The only money I use for spending and my car is what I make on the side wrenching and scrappin and my 1 time a year bonus. My paycheck is direct deposited and I see $0 of it.
I used to make $40K to $80k a year self employed before economy took a ****. So making $36k punching a time clock is a definite pay cut.

I for one was not picking on you at all.
Quite the contrary. I feel that people should be rewarded for a good work ethic.
My point was that a lot of companies ''Sponge'' off the good work that you do and the sacrifices that you make to do it and give raises and bonuses to management instead of the what they consider ''Minions'' that actually make it happen. They in effect take credit for it and prosper because of it. In the meanwhile, the ''Underlings'' below them don't make much and are struggling. Some even get a big kick out of throwing your face in it. I believe in fairness.
That's what really ticks me off.
I too had a good paying job (I am a tradesman) about 15 years ago, (It paid about double what i make even now) but, i had to do a career change due to health issues.
I make a living now, but that's about it.
Also, i use the money i get from selling parts and scrapping things for my car and nothing else. there just isn't any surplus left......
If i come on as being bitter, no, i'm not.
Like i said before, i am thankful for what i have.

I expect most all of us can rant about unfair...... you name it......
long story short..... if I work for any company, I expect to be exploited, mistreated, screwed. sooner or later... usually sooner....
the only way I can control any of my financial destiny is hold it ALL in my hand....
my rule is owe nothing, pay as I go, expect nothing from anyone except myself.... if I can help someone and they return the favor, then that's the most I can expect.....
for those companies and executives that will cheat and mistreat anyone for the sake of another $ in their pocket....... they will get their due.

I'm not saying what to spend your money on, after all its your money. I get a quarterly bonus of up to $125. I can control $50 of that. Supposedly if I have perfect attendance I'll get a year end bonus that doubles each year. That won't last long. Oh, and they give it to me in gift card form, to Wal-Mart. Lots of car parts there. I told the plant manager it would be nice to spend MY money where I want to. I usually just buy groceries with it. It feels great.

I usually get 100 bucks at Christmas, and that's about it. I have zero complaints though as my employer pays us throughout the year much much higher than the national average for my industry (double actually, in most instances). We also can take time off whenever we want, usually in the summer months as we are a bit slower then.

And an added bonus is the fact they are hands down the easiest people to work for.

I usually get 100 bucks at Christmas, and that's about it. I have zero complaints though as my employer pays us throughout the year much much higher than the national average for my industry (double actually, in most instances). We also can take time off whenever we want, usually in the summer months as we are a bit slower then.

And an added bonus is the fact they are hands down the easiest people to work for.

your lucky to have such employers. decades ago that was by far more the norm...........before large co. sold out the american worker to China, before the average buying public was forced to buy on price before quality, before most corporations would do anything for a $... just me.....

your lucky to have such employers. decades ago that was by far more the norm...........before large co. sold out the american worker to China, before the average buying public was forced to buy on price before quality, before most corporations would do anything for a $... just me.....

Yeah, sometimes less is more!

These people are very family oriented, pay well and do give us a token bonus at Christmas, it ain't much, but the rest makes up for it.

I know I started this a while ago but I am fumin. No bonus this summer, no raise ! Found out a couple of months ago the CEO just bought a new $75,000 5th wheel and went to Montana hunting. We were questioning what he used to tow it with as his old truck was here at work. Today shows up in a brand new F350 4 door Power Stroke Platinum. We desperately need new trucks here at work and not a god damn pickup.

I am so thankful to be self employed, I spent time when I was younger punching the clock and felt as if I was wasting a good deal of my time working with a bunch of guys who wanted overtime so bad that they slowed down to get it. I valued my home/family time too much for that. Oh and there were no "bonuses" other that the occasional ten lb. turkey at either Thanksgiving OR Christmas. Didn't matter.
Now I can complain about the boss and his greedy business practices all I want, and he can either change his ways or do without me. As you might guess doing without me rarely benefits anyone. So I am grateful for every job, God, by His grace allows my to do and the pay for it IS my bonus. My wife is happy, My kids and grandkids are nearby and our relationship is heaven sent. We live within our means, have some to share, take vacations, and I get to have a couple of (if I say so myself) pretty neat cars to enjoy too.
God is so good, and I am blessed beyond measure!

I know I started this a while ago but I am fumin. No bonus this summer, no raise ! Found out a couple of months ago the CEO just bought a new $75,000 5th wheel and went to Montana hunting. We were questioning what he used to tow it with as his old truck was here at work. Today shows up in a brand new F350 4 door Power Stroke Platinum. We desperately need new trucks here at work and not a god damn pickup.

Not surprised to see this, at all. There isn't even the pretense that management/employers care about those who do the work. The higher ups are just grabbing all the money they can for themselves.

According to the Tim Jewell dictionary, Bonus / Bone-us, verb, getting boned, see, Hosed over. No more bounus for AT&T anymore either. Long gone, at least for the guys doing the work.

-
Back