In the real world....

-

2734bbl

Reaction score
OK guys I have a 67 Dart post with a 440. It's a mild 9.5 CR deal with a small cam and goes mid 12's @ 107-8,Stock 452s, 727 w/PTC 3500 'vert,3.91's,275 DRs and weighs 3530 with me in it.

I have scrounged up an '05 5.7 motor that runs but rattles and I have a set of 6.1L heads.I'm unsure on camshaft as I havent decided on if I will reuse the pistons I have or go aftermarket forged.

What kind of 1/8 or 1/4 mile times are being seen with a Gen III(mild to wild) in an A body?

Car: 1968 Plymouth Barracuda
Weight: 3750 lbs with driver. (To save the arguments I weigh in at a light 350lbs)
Gear ratio: 4.10
Tire diameter: 28"
RPM through trap: 6600
MPH through traps: 115.5
ET: 11.54 60' 1.66 :toothy10:
Tire Type: BFG Drag radials

Engine CID: 354 5.7L hemi (Stock displacement)
Head Type: 5.7L hemi 2006
Valve size: 2.02 1.57
Head Work: CNC ported by M2 Ithica NY
Cam Manufacturer: Comp cams (Custom)
Cam specs at .050: .552 lift 243 Intake .537 lift 257 Exhaust 107 LSA
Rockers: Cryotreated stock
Springs: Comp Cams behive with titanium retainers
Pushrods: Hughes engines Adjustable Preload set at .030
Lifters: 6.1L
Timing set: Manley doubble roller with torrington bearing thrust
Oil pump: Melling Racing adjustable with 5.7L spring
Carbureted or Injected: Carbureted
Type and size: Edelbrock 500cfm X 2
Plug number and brand: NGK Iridium 2315
Intake Manifold Type: Edelbrock dual quad
Piston Make: Ross (custom made for the rods and compression)
Compression Ratio: 11.0-1
Crankshaft: 6.1L debured and radiused oil holes
Rods: Eagle H beam LA rods 6.123 long

If I launch it too hard, I'm lookin at the wall!!! Waiting for time to put the 4.30 and Hoosiers on it.

Very nice !

I'm on the fence as far a FI or carb'ed but if I got carb'ed I'm sure a custom cam will work way better than a FI off the shelf cam. I'm sure a custom FI cam would be better in my application other than LX,Challnger and Jeep platforms.

I'm still curious with the flow of the heads(especially low lift) you see guys with CNCed heads everywhere? These things flow better than most ported B/RB irons and better than some OOTB aluminum heads.

What gives?

Well all I can do is bench race but my car under 2900 pounds and we are looking at keeping the motor at about650-700 to the wheels hopeing to keep it in the 10's but the turbos are ableto support up to 1200hp so we will see how long it stays in the 10's the motor will be 9.5cr 370ci 5.7 baised stroker with p&p heads stock valves custon cam (yet to be determined) K1 crank and rods with diamond pistons. I just picked up the tubing to start fabing up headers. Then I'll move on to the sheetmetal intake.

Very nice !

I'm on the fence as far a FI or carb'ed but if I got carb'ed I'm sure a custom cam will work way better than a FI off the shelf cam. I'm sure a custom FI cam would be better in my application other than LX,Challnger and Jeep platforms.

I'm still curious with the flow of the heads(especially low lift) you see guys with CNCed heads everywhere? These things flow better than most ported B/RB irons and better than some OOTB aluminum heads.

What gives?

I'd go carbed over EFI. Built too many EFI Gen III Hemi's that we're married to because of tuning.

hemidup, do you mean factory EFI(diablo,predator,SCT) or something like FAST? Do you have a general recipe for a build like this?

I'm lookin to go mid 11's or so on pump 91. I have other things like, wiring,AC,custom dash,headliner and freshen paint before I have to bar the car up.

I figure that's fast enough for now and I could spray it later if I choose to do so or build a stroker and sell what I got.

I could get there easy with my 440 but I really would like to go Gen III and put AC on the car and drop the weight.

-
Back