Is a 7.25 worth anything?

-

DartorDemon

Banned
Reaction score
Or would anyone even want one?

I just got an 8.25 and i was probably gonna give the 7.25(hwy gears) to the local wrecker unless someone wants it.

I'm gonna toss my 7.25 in the next car I junk out for scrap.. I've almost got a 8.8 ford ready to bolt in my 66-valiant, don't see any reason to keep the 7.25 layin around, just something else to trip over...

I say hang onto it.

Alot of times guys here wil destroy their rear and need something to roll around on, and you also get people here looking for stock a body rear ends for a daily driver.

One mans junk is anothers treasure.

I say hang onto it.

Alot of times guys here wil destroy their rear and need something to roll around on, and you also get people here looking for stock a body rear ends for a daily driver.

One mans junk is anothers treasure.
I will second that if you don't mind cudaspaz :happy10:

Wish you guys were closer....
I always like a couple 7.25's in reserve.... sold all mine but 1(Used it) I am out of spares.

Later,
Bruce B.

Where are you? If you're close, I'd come pick it up....
Thanks, Mark

I found some SBP rims so it doesn't matter to me now, but if the rear end had the big bolt pattern I could see it being desirable to someone with a small bolt rear who wants to change wheels but isn't running much power and doesn't need a 8 1/4 or 8 3/4 etc.

if your close and are planing on giving it away id love to have it, i need something to roll my 70 Dart around on until i can get a hold of a 8 3/4 out of a 73 Charger

That 7.25" diff was easily the biggest piece of 5H1T diff that Chrysler EVER produced !!
They'd grenade behind any motor larger than a 2.2 litre four cylinder !!

What used to irritate the hell out of me was seeing that my 1972 Swinger had the worthless 5H1T 7.25" behind a 318 , yet I'd see Slant Six cars at the salvage yard with 8.75" diffs !!
WTF ?!?!

Like the others have said , those garbage diffs are only good for using to roll a shell around the shop ...

... so long as there no motor sending power to it !

I dunno......did the 7.25 rears really blow that often? I haven't heard or seen it. A 318 2-barrel may be pushing the envelope on what they can handle, but with an automatic....I would think they'd be fine (not counting drag racing the hell outta them).

I've got one in PA fixin' to take the trip to the hopper if anybody wants it. I'm about an hour north of Carlisle if anyone is passing by.

all my 7 1/4's are probably cheby cobalt fenders now we scarp all of are 7 1/4's but we do keep 8 1/4s and 8 3/4's in reserve

They do come in handy for rolling a project around the shop. I just give them away. Always some one on a buget that needs one.

I had a 7 1/4" in my '71 Duster. It had a 318, 4bbl carb, a performance cam, performer intake. I did my fair share of burnouts with that car, even left 2 tread marks--sure grip rear-end?? Never had a single problem. I know they are weak, but not as bad as some people claim. I would hold onto it.

That 7.25" diff was easily the biggest piece of 5H1T diff that Chrysler EVER produced !!
They'd grenade behind any motor larger than a 2.2 litre four cylinder !!

What used to irritate the hell out of me was seeing that my 1972 Swinger had the worthless 5H1T 7.25" behind a 318 , yet I'd see Slant Six cars at the salvage yard with 8.75" diffs !!
WTF ?!?!

Like the others have said , those garbage diffs are only good for using to roll a shell around the shop ...

... so long as there no motor sending power to it !

FYI, if ya don't have anything constructive to say, why don't ya just STFU? :angry7:

I would think if some one was restoring an old Valiant with a slant six to original condition he would want one of those 7 1/4s

-
Back