Is PS Pump Unique for 67 Dart?

-

timothy c

Reaction score
I've been trying to find a new / rebuilt PS Pump for my 67 Dart, but no luck. Or should I say that they are not in stock and needs to be sent back to (?) to have it rebuilt. I've tried Summitt, Auto Zone, Classic Industries, O Reilly, and no luck. Any ideas?

Thanks

Tim

If I am not mistaken chrysler used two different P/S pumps for different years.
One with the round top filler neck on the reservoir was made by thompson, and the one with the egg shaped filler neck was a saginaw. Saginaw pumps and parts were more available when I was looking for parts for the thompson pump on my 65 coronet, so I had to get a rebuild kit and rebuild it myself.
I will post a link to a rebuilt pump from napa that i pulled up for a 67 dart maybe it is what you need. http://www.napaonline.com/Catalog/C...20+2020014+4020037+5999999&Ar=AND(P_RecType:A)
Hope that will help you out.
Matt

Thanks Matt...I'll check it out!

If I am not mistaken chrysler used two different P/S pumps for different years.
One with the round top filler neck on the reservoir was made by thompson, and the one with the egg shaped filler neck was a saginaw. Saginaw pumps and parts were more available when I was looking for parts for the thompson pump on my 65 coronet, so I had to get a rebuild kit and rebuild it myself.
I will post a link to a rebuilt pump from napa that i pulled up for a 67 dart maybe it is what you need. http://www.napaonline.com/Catalog/CatalogItemDetail.aspx?A=NSP816666_0186429439&An=599001+101967+50020+2020014+4020037+5999999&Ar=AND(P_RecType%3aA)
Hope that will help you out.
Matt

I have one on a 67 dart /6 car if your interested. Please PM me here.

Hope This Helps
View attachment Federal_power_steering_brackets.jpg
Saginaw Pump
View attachment saginaw_pump.jpg

If You Have The TRW Pump Good Luck Finding A New One, ''YearOne'' Shows One For $200.00$ +, Weather Or Not It's Available Is A Different Issue.
And No Remanufactured Are Available From Parts Stores.
Found One On ''EBAY'' But Its In Okay Shape, Weather It's Good Or Not Idk, The Seller Says ''In Good Working Condition''. The Bid Is Starting At 10.00 With 20.15 Shipping And 4 Days Left As Of 1/25/2012, Here's The Link.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/60s-MOPAR-D...Parts_Accessories&vxp=mtr&hash=item27c2abae27

If The Link Doesnt Work For You Here's The Item # 170769755687

If You Dont Like The Way The Pump On Ebay Looks, I Believe I Have A TRW Pump That I Would Sell Let Me Know Via A Message. Good Luck

Also I Dont Know For 100% Sure But You Might Be Able To Switch To Federal Style Brackets And Use A Federal Pump.

If your pump just has a leak problem, I'd get a reseal kit and do it yourself.

My 67 has the TRW pump. I got a rebuild kit at advance auto parts and only took about 30 minutes to install it. Hardest part is getting the spring loaded vanes back into the pump chamber but wasn't too bad. If you pull it apart watch out for these they want to fly!

-
Back