Is there a doctor in the house?

-

pishta

I know I'm right....
Reaction score
Medical question for a neurologist or chiropractor, or anyone that has this symptom:
My right hand has been 'asleep' for about 5 days now in varying stages, sometimes its just the thumb and/or pinky tingling, but other times its the entire hand experiencing the 'pins and needles' of a limb after its been constricted for a while and is starting to get its feeling back. I have had this condition for 13 years but lately its been keeping me awake even if i wear my 'bowling' brace to sleep which usually works for the night. My question is this a nerve issue or a skeletal issue that a quack could 'adjust' with a few sessions of spinal adjustments? I can get through work but its just a dull tingle if i dont think about it. Dad had neuropathy in his feet but he was 70 and diabetic, I wouldnt wish that on a Ford driver!:wack:

I get the same caused by a pinched nerve between my shoulder blades. You could also have carpel-tunnel. A chiropractor may help but a medical/ orthopedic doctor would be a good choice.

Sounds like Carpel Tunnel Syndrome. I had that surgery about 15 years ago.

Yep. C T. Got the same problem. Both hands.Yep mostly at night,wake up feeling like "Lobster Boy" till I get feeling to return.I too have been doing the braces and it's better.Not gone but better.

I am not a neurologist or chiro... but if this is happening in entire hand ... i would say more so carpel tunnel... if a specific finger ... i would say more from neck area ... UNLESS more then a single disc in neck area could cause multiple fingers .......... MRI of neck and hand

Do you work with any solvents? Prolonged exposure like washing grease or oil from your hands in solvent or paint thinner can cause carpal tunnel like symptoms.

I was headed for carpal tunnel surgery years ago & heard about the solvent connection, no problems since & no surgery needed.

I've had similar for a couple years, except not much f any affect to thumb. Mostly in pinky and next finger.. Worse in left arm. Does spread into hand at times. Usually when I am very tired , fatigued bending elbow too much. Had nerve conductivity test a couple years ago. They said this is similar to carpal tunnel, but in the elbow area. And that carpal tunnel would affect pointer and next finger more. I was told not bad enough for surgery, nerves will heal over time. Im fine using arm/hand but try to minimize keeping arm bent tight or leaning on elbow for any length of time. Ths especially includes while sleeping and driving. Left still there, but has improved. Right side was never as bad and almost cleared.

Just had a friend at work had similar symptoms, the arteries in his neck was 99 per cent blocked he is in the hospital now.

No solvents but i am on FABO for 1-2 hours a night! And the way I had my mouse years ago was resting my hand on my wrist so its probably CP. Whats the surgery entsil? Do they go in and root out all the crap in there or rewire it?

No solvents but i am on FABO for 1-2 hours a night! And the way I had my mouse years ago was resting my hand on my wrist so its probably CP. Whats the surgery entsil? Do they go in and root out all the crap in there or rewire it?

I think a lot of mine was hours of computer use with elbows bent. Especially sitting with laptop on me, elbows bent tighter than working on a desk.

Answering your original question... I had very good results with chiropractor adjustments years ago for lower back pain. However, Id be very hesitant to get spinal adjustments without a scan knowing you have nerve issues.

I think a lot of mine was hours of computer use with elbows bent. Especially sitting with laptop on me, elbows bent tighter than working on a desk.

Answering your original question... I had very good results with chiropractor adjustments years ago for lower back pain. However, Id be very hesitant to get spinal adjustments without a scan knowing you have nerve issues.

with zx14 here. elbows full of calcium pinching nerves at night . 2 littlest fingers numb sometimes while sitting, and all time when sleeping at night .

with zx14 here. elbows full of calcium pinching nerves at night . 2 littlest fingers numb sometimes while sitting, and all time when sleeping at night .

They never suggested any calcium issue for me, just ' damaged nerve'. (Ulner ,I believe). Try keeping your arms as straight as possible while sleeping. Not an easy thing to do. I actually slept on my back with left arm inside the case of a pillow at my side so it would give some resistance to me bending it. Did that for a month or so to 'train' my arm.

I set my mousing wrist on a bag of frozen pees while on FABO last night and took the metal support out of the brace I use and almost slept through the night, just one wake up! first time in 2 weeks thats happened. Im going to try that again tonight, something about the ice pack reducing swelling in that area. that and taking an inflammatory, ie. Aleve.

Don't play with yourself so much.... Or switch hands... J/K...

I get a numbing down my arm when I sleep crooked and pinch a nerve in my neck....

Dont rule out accupuncture . I have had amazing results ranging from pinched nerve, to bad knees. I had the oppourtinity to try it, doesnt cost much per treatment either.

I was told by my Dr. That when it is my thumb and Pinky is numb it is Carpal Tunnel. Those are the nerves closest to the roof of the tunnel of cartilage and the first to be pinched. He gave me a shot of cortisone and that has helped tremendously.

Go see a doctor.

Leaving the diagnosis up to the internet is about as productive as ice skating uphill.

I know I have severe bilateral carpel tunnel but have not had anything done to date other than so PT

A few years back I had kind of the same issue with my right hand. Was told CTS is the thumb, index and middle finger, my pinky and ring finger was also effected with pain in shoulder and down right arm. Had a pinched nerve at C7 in my neck causing the ring/pinky to go numb.

A nurosurgeron that did my wife's back surgery told me to take 100 mg of grape seed extract a day.

Got an injection at C 7 to get great relief, and started taking 100 mg of grape seed daily. It took about 1.5/2 months to really notice a difference, but at 57 my hands have NEVER FELT BETTER, in 7th grade I played the drums and my hands would go numb, just thought everyone was like that.

I try and tell everyone I see that show signs of CTS about grape seed. It is cheap enough to try, no real side effects so why not try it for a few months before going under the knife trying to fix it? Have heard of so many horror stories of surgery gone bad, the reason I have never done it.

Good luck, hope you get some relief

Oh by the way, I'm a doctor. I have a jr. Doctor of motors certificate....... LOL

My wife just ordered some grape seed extract. Will give it a shot. thanks! -Lefty

-
Back