Is Your Wife Supportive?

-
Supportive ... I bought the 65 Valiant first then I bought a 67 Mustang to flip and help fund the Valiant project. Now she won't let me sell either one. Of course it helps when you show them some support, like when she wanted to go back for another degree. :cheers:

I just finished this car last year:

low_shot.jpg

A couple weeks ago, I brought this home:

attachment.php

You know what she said?? "Will you build the "new" Dart for me"?? :D

I've known my wife since I was 14 and she was 13, I'm now 50. She's the best!!

My wife enjoys the hobby some and is EXTREMELY tolerant of purchases and the 'junk yard' of parts cars in the back. The Mopar budget is foolishly higher than the savings budget, and selfishly higher than the wife's share. I didn't save for a shop build when i got my house so I converted one of the bedrooms into a paint booth-pretty f*ing tolerant. When it was a hundred degrees out she really didn't complain much when I grinded on a cylinder head in that back room.
Strokerscamp came down to help me with some igition problems with my road runner and he was overwhelmed with car parts piling up-there is a shelf system now.

My wife works at Advance Auto-it's not where I met her, just the grace of God.
She changes all of the cars oil when I am deployed or when I am busy. I taught her a bunch of stuff when she started the car parts job, and now she teaches me. She is an excellent reference point for how much a part should cost. If anybody wants the 6 digit code for employ discount pricing-pm me-doesn't work on oil, & the lowest priced items. Even bigger discounts come from shopping on advance auto online- they are tryng to compete with rock auto and the online and in-store employees do not always understand the system-my buddy has saved over $300 dollars on less than $600 dollars worth of online and instore purchases using the online coupons that advance gives customers.

Not the number one car-lover-wife, but top notch in my life. Plus, once one of these old cars becomes hers, she'll be hooked, no doubt.

My wife is very cool with my shop, cars, swap meets, etc, etc,...as long as the household chores and bills are taken care of. Hell she would rather drive the Big Loud Dodge Truck than her own Pontiac,...She's the one who coame home on day and bitched about the Calibre topping out @ 109,....Whoa....

So here's the story, I have 5 cars in the front yard, it looks like the "Sanford & Son" TV show (junkyard for those who don't know)

I'm at a car show and see a car, mentioned I always wanted one of these to hot rod. It is for sale. I start walking away.

The wife sez, "Why don't you buy it?

Me "I already have have the front yard full of crap! I don't need another car and have it look like crap in front of the neighbors."

Wife's reply; "So long as I have a place to park my car, I'm good. Screw the neighbors!"

Priceless!

Other notables about the wife;

Helped me build my first engine because I could not get the piston and rod out of her hands. I say "OK, I give up, put it in."

Caught Drag racing her mother to prove her 68 Stang it Faster than the Poncho Fire chicken. And was right.

Wants another Muscle car for herself. Torn between a few.
thats cool

Supportive? right up to the point I reach for my wallet. And she's the pack a day smoker. I dont drink or smoke...the car and hunting are my bad habbits. Oh well, can see life without her though. Guess that is where we will agree to disagree.

My first wife and i built, raced cars and mud trucks other than that we did not get along,my second wife [26 years] is tolerant of my hobby [hot rodding is not very popular in Korea] i have done quite a few cars/trucks in the last 23 years [she even bought a few for me as a suprise] she used to go with me to all the shows years ago but got burned out, only goes once and awhile now, she does know about the car i own and does give her 2 cents on mods and repairs. Other than that she does not get involved with the cars, just my son and i play with them.

My wife supports me, also she helps me do things I have a hard time doing

The blue 66 in my avatar is actually my wife's car. I built it for her so she could enjoy the hobby as well, and have a car to call her own. She picked out the color, spent untold hours scraping undercoating, and a bunch of her own $$$ on it, and she loves it. It's the perfect chick car, small and light, cool as hell and draws a lot of attention when she' in it. Of course when she breaks down or needs something, she knows my number and I'm always glad to work on it. Now she wants the convertible I bought as her car, so I'm making a clone of the blue one as a convertible so we'll have matching rides!!

Supportive?? You could say so!!! Geof

First wife,, NO..For all the NO reasons above.I put up with it for 23 years.When she left me for another guy,The next day I went to the Drags,bought a new motorcycle and never looked back. My wife now is the best thing in my life,12 years and going strong.She loves to watch NHRA on TV and knows and has met lots of the drivers.I quit racing do to lack of funds for four years,even sold my car trailer.One day we were talking and she said " I want you to go out and buy us a new car trailer and let's start going to the track again. Oh, also go buy ME a motorhome so we can travel to tracks around the country."All along she was saving for those four years. Now that's what I call support !!.......

Never been married and my current girlfriend cant stand the car stuff one bit.

:heart:Oh and yes, I do like big girls.:heart: If they got Mirada parts and are on Long Island, send them my way!

My wife assisted me with the upholstery install on the 64 Dart GT. But, she will remind me how much I spent on the car already, sometimes. So, I do a little each year without braking the bank.

My wife cares little for anything mechanical. I can get her to ride in it once in a while, but that's about it. She has her interests, I have mine. As to the costs, we keep separate accounts. I have my money and she has hers. Of course, I am required to give her $2200 cash every month to help support her side, but all the rest after bills is mine to do with as I please.

Great Post's. My Wife grew up in the 80's and after the whole muscle car thing. Her crew rode around in Honda's and Assorted Ricers and the only real power came from the Wofers. So after we got married she started to learn about a man and his Mopar Muscle car. I know she likes that im in the garage, and not at a bar or whatever. I never spend money I don't have on the car. So it never gets done. Oh well. Thats my wife in the picture, I thank god for my wife. she bought me gas shocks.

My wife tolerates it. She calls my Challenger the "other woman". She's known I have loved Mopars since I was a kid, at 38 I got my dream car a 70 Challenger. She goes to shows with me that's how she got the Mopar bug. She now drives a 2011 Challenger R/T and reminds me all the time the "her's has a Hemi". My middle daughter loves the old cars which is why I'm here she has a 75 Dart Sport that is our father daughter project. I try and even things out with work around the house and the cars.

I have been married a looooong time. She was with me since high school, thru 3 55 chev Bel-Airs, 2 57 chev Bel Air's a 62 SS 409 4 speed Impala, a 67 mustang coupe and while I was building my Comet, I mentioned that I found a Barracuda that I thought would be a good build. I dropped it there as I was in the middle of the Comet build and did not want to push my luck. But one morning a couple weeks later, she said at breakfast, "why don't you call that guy about that Barracuda" Oh yeah, she supports me! Probably the reason I have been married a looooooong time:)
The DesertRat

The wife of twenty years tolerates my hobby, because it isn't going away anytime soon. My car was in my life before my wife, so this has made it a bit easier for the two to co-exist, there would have been no way in hell to purchase this vehicle afterwards. I still keep in mind financial responsibility with this hobby, out of consideration for my wife.

I think some of these extremely supportive wifes should be cloned. My wife barely puts up with the dissembled Barracuda and the pile of assorted parts. If I ever kick the bucket the Barracuda is toast. The wife shows an interest in part prices so she can sell everything for a good price rather than finish the car. (I've thought of starting a thread "Would your wife finish your project if you weren't around to finish it" just to see what the response would be).

Mary supports me 100%. When we met 10 years ago she looked at my model collection and asked, "Why don't you work on the full size one rather then the small ones?" after seeing my GTX basket case. lol

If you could believe how supportive my wife is, you might be jelous.
I know I'm blessed and I'm thankful.

I'm with Stumper and I agree with Shadango. As for the money, I buy and sell parts and that's where the money comes from to go into my cars ( down to 2 now).Don't get me started on her shoe collection............

I've been married 31 years. Been with her 36. I've had quite a few projects over the years and she's never complained about any of them much. She's Spanish/Irish so there's some fire there if she want's to let it out fo sure.
Here's how tolerant she is, I was golfing when we were about to have our first kid so I called her after the front nine just to check on her. She said she was having contractions but to go ahead and finish my round then come straight home! Guess that's why I've been married 31 years.

-
Back