issue with AMD Demon floor pan..please help newbie

-
those brackets move fairly easily, when you push on the floor and push on the brackets the touch so i dont see that being a problem. thanks for looking over my work : )

if you are able to pull them all together, then you should be ok.

like snake says, i would make sure those doors are opening and closing the way they should as you are tacking it in place

if you are able to pull them all together, then you should be ok.

like snake says, i would make sure those doors are opening and closing the way they should as you are tacking it in place

yeh i was going to hang the doors also before welding

no just hang your doors let us know how it goes,you may not have a problem but its good to be sure,would hate to see it messed up.

no just hang your doors let us know how it goes,you may not have a problem but its good to be sure,would hate to see it messed up.

i hung the doors on the check fitment as your suggested, the look fine to me, i do know the hinges need new pins as the doors sag a bit but other then that the fitment looks good to me.

Attachments

• CIMG6045.jpg
    41.4 KB · Views: 339
  • CIMG6044.jpg
    54.7 KB · Views: 322
inside

Attachments

• CIMG6047.jpg
    34.4 KB · Views: 329
  • CIMG6048.jpg
    42.1 KB · Views: 342
OK good job I feel better seeing that so how much room between the bottom door skin and the rocker molding with the sill plate on.don't mean to be a pita in the *** just want this to be good for ya.My buddy had to like I said have his on the rack,then they had to pull down on the pan as well the rocker to get the door to close.Sorry your having this problem.

OK good job I feel better seeing that so how much room between the bottom door skin and the rocker molding with the sill plate on.don't mean to be a pita in the *** just want this to be good for ya.My buddy had to like I said have his on the rack,then they had to pull down on the pan as well the rocker to get the door to close.Sorry your having this problem.

no pain for me, im gald you gave me the suggestion, i would rather know things now and not after i start welding it in. any suggestion is help to me as i am learning as i go. thank you : )

the stucture of this car is very solid so i dont think there will be any big problems.

I think I would put new pins in the doors first before welding the pan just to know that everything is correct.

This is not a bad suggestion..... seeing as you need to do it anyway and remember your not in a rush "RIGHT".. ! You'll be 100% sure you pan is true and be guaranteed the doors will close properly after the welding.

This is not a bad suggestion..... seeing as you need to do it anyway and remember your not in a rush "RIGHT".. ! You'll be 100% sure you pan is true and be guaranteed the doors will close properly after the welding.

yes your right, no rush, i want it done to the best of my ability

yes your right, no rush, i want it done to the best of my ability

A lot of times we start to see the finished product early and start to create short cuts.... and just wanna drive it. Overcome the urge do it right you'll reap the benefits later on.

Someone told me this once and i never forgot it.......

"Why is there never enough time to do it right.... BUT ALWAYS enough time to do it again"

Think about it.. You're starting out right by replacing the whole pan and not fiber glassing or using bondo on the floor. It's a slow process to do things correct and there's a reason why.... as your now finding out.

A lot of times we start to see the finished product early and start to create short cuts.... and just wanna drive it. Overcome the urge do it right you'll reap the benefits later on.

"Why is there never enough time to do it right.... BUT ALWAYS enough time to do it again"

Think about it.. You're starting out right by replacing the whole pan and not fiber glassing or using bondo on the floor. It's a slow process to do things correct and there's a reason why.... as your now finding out.

great qoute!

Learned this the hard way.

-
Back