It just makes you shake your head and wonder how they got this far in life

-

Fstforward

Barracuda Freak
Reaction score
Went to the local auto store this morning for some putty and acetone, the dork at the register asks what I'm up to, nice conversation maker, I told him about the project, the 1964 Barracuda. He gets all gushy and says "That has the hemi in it, huh??" I explained to him the only V8 those came with was a 273, but that mine has the 340.

He starts telling me about his 1968 Chevelle with the factory 296 engine, now I was ready to tell him Chevy didn't make a 296, thought he meant 396. He then says he wants to put a 454 or a 396 in it, and get rid of the "296". Also, he said about the rust on it and that it was going to take lots of rivets and Bondo to cover it up!!

Sheesh, they walk among us.............

FF

LOL, I have to head over to the parts joint this morning. Looking forward to it.
I don't know whether to add in the meth head who asks me if my 69 Valiant was a 65 with a pushbutton shifter or the dough head at the parts house last week who gave me my two packs Champions plugs that were different numbers. (He actually got me on that one, I should know to check before I leave.)

Local guy here was telling me about at time he went to the parts store (the initials of which are A and Z) looking for a thermostat housing gasket for his Newport. The kid told him they don't sell "f***in' cigarettes."

My Pops went to the same store looking for plastigauge. The kid told him they don't have gauges made out of plastic.

As for duct tape over holes. Seen that, too. I especially like it when they get out a rattle can and spray over it like no one would notice...:-\"

Or Duct tape. seen enough people try and cover up rust with it. I always laugh.

:)

158865_ts.JPG

Ha ha ha ha ha ha.

I enquired at the local auto zone just for some extra pocket money (Yea right, hot rod money!) I forgot what exactly the said starting wage was, but I laffed. In addition, they couldn't promise a set, set of hours.

Guilty myself of being young and dumb once.

I told a friend that I wanted to get a Mopar some day with a muncie rock crusher.

He darn near slapped me silly, and gave that look, you know the one, like I just molested his little sister or something...LOl.

Gotta go easy on those dudes sometimes as they just don't know it all yet.

Ha ha ha ha ha ha.

I enquired at the local auto zone just for some extra pocket money (Yea right, hot rod money!) I forgot what exactly the said starting wage was, but I laffed. In addition, they couldn't promise a set, set of hours.

It's not just about the pay, either. Was told that with my background of 20+ years actually doing the work I was overqualified.

My next door neighbor's kid is a young gearhead and he works the counter at Oreilly's up the road. He's torn threw a bunch of Jeeps and now is into the Ricer scene. I'm doin my best to get him back from the darkside by making him come over and help on the dart.

Whenever I go to the parts store, I talk to him, and he learns a little more. An experienced counter man isn't made overnight!!

My next door neighbor's kid is a young gearhead and he works the counter at Oreilly's up the road. He's torn threw a bunch of Jeeps and now is into the Ricer scene. I'm doin my best to get him back from the darkside by making him come over and help on the dart.

Whenever I go to the parts store, I talk to him, and he learns a little more. An experienced counter man isn't made overnight!!

But at least he's listening. The kid who said they don't sell cigarettes to a guy looking for parts for his Newport thinks he knows it all already and isn't going to learn.

i was at o'rielys pickin up my flex plate for my 360 and the counter guy asked if i needed a new ring gear for it too

You know some customers are worse sometimes. I was standing behind a guy that was pissed that he had to walk a couple of miles to autozone to get a battery for his key fob for his keyless entry, because he couldn't get into his car. The parts guy behind the counter couldn't find the correct battery and asked him if he tried opening the door using the key? The customer said "No" and walked out. :munky2: LOL

-
Back