James's 1970 Dodge Dart build.

-
Very nice. I love the motor. Just did the hand shake on a bone stock 340 from my buddy. That will get the stroke down the road.

James,

Where are the wheel pics??:naka:

Haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!!

There comin' buddy! Gotta be patient! I'm tellin you, I think it just looks badass with the wheels tucked in, deep *** backspace, and a DANA with a 4-link & coil over!!! I'm getting excited just talking about it! I shoulda took pics last night and I didn't. I'll have to drive to my buddy's shop to snap a few. (about 30 mins away)

Okay, I got the wheels mounted, and front suspension mocked up. It was powder coated silver.

Front suspension:

2yyb42a.jpg

9tmx61.jpg

2z4hlom.jpg

rhld6r.jpg

4smygy.jpg

Rear Tires:

23ucvgl.jpg

149m3r6.jpg

eqwhp2.jpg

These 2 pics show that I have about 1 inch of clearance on each side...

29awme0.jpg

659405.jpg

16jh8gp.jpg

15oyq2p.jpg

1z6419x.jpg

mu90mr.jpg

30ctan8.jpg

2elbitk.jpg

2a547b.jpg

5k3ii1.jpg

Hey James,this is the first time I,ve seen your Dart built.Looks great and money well spent,once the 408,s in there your gonna love it.Keep up the great work!Love the pic of your head popped through the tunnel(LOL).8)

Amazing work James!! Great combo on the rims and tires! I need to get moving on my project. Subscribed!

James, it looks like you're working very hard ... be proud of your efforts kiddo!

Nice powder work on the suspension too. Hope those Young Guns Contest LCAs I did for you tie in nicely.

Keep up the great work!!! :-D

Any new updates with this? Sick dart

Thank you. Very little progress actually...Today I just cut out the old dash and am fitting the RMD unit. Not too bad, but I need my gauges to continue on...This progress has been very slow, but any progress, any progress at all...however so slight, is still progress...

downsized_0816002043.jpg

If you look in the background, the other car in the shop is a 1970 Hemi Cuda convertible...Get this, a FEMALE is doing most of the work...She welded on all new quarter panels, inner fenders, trunk floor, and did alot of finish welding. I was pretty damn impressed, she has some skill!

Awesome work James, Am down for another Cruise when you get that badazz Dart on the road. Id be scared to drive next to you with that stroker motor. My poor Dart would get sucked up your exhaust. Keep up the great work..

Thank you for the nice comments. No need to be scared, lol...Your car is super nice, AND its a numbers matching GTS! That's the car to have!

mopardude, Do you have any larger close up pics of that RMD unit. I know they are no longer available from what I read, maybe with enough pictures I could attempt to duplicate it.

ALW

mopardude, Do you have any larger close up pics of that RMD unit. I know they are no longer available from what I read, maybe with enough pictures I could attempt to duplicate it.

ALW

really shouldn't be too hard to copy.. its 1/8" alum, and the gauge pods are off the shelf size alum. conduit or pipe..

DSCN5995.jpg

DSC_0037.jpg

DSC_0036.jpg

DSC_0083.jpg

ALW

I've been looking for a RMD dash for a long time. I want to duplicate it too. I can never find them on ebay. When someone else points one out on ebay, the auction is over by the time I see the post on FABO. I do have a bunch of pics saved though.

Mopardude318, what size are the back rims? Offset? I'm diggin' the deep dish look.

Wylde1.

Wylde1, any pics other then whats posted above I would like to see, as probably everyone else would too. Thanks !!!!!

abodyjoe, do you have a pic of the completed dash so I can see your gauge setup?

ALW

ALW

I will get some pics of the dash later this evening for you. No problem Buddy.

I've been looking for a RMD dash for a long time. I want to duplicate it too. I can never find them on ebay. When someone else points one out on ebay, the auction is over by the time I see the post on FABO. I do have a bunch of pics saved though.

Mopardude318, what size are the back rims? Offset? I'm diggin' the deep dish look.

Wylde1.

Thank you! The rims are 17x11 with 4.25" backspace. The tires are 315/35/17. I was trying to go with the deepest bask space possible because it reminds me of the pro-street look, and I really like that look. lol

And Joe, Thanks for the pics of your dash! It looks terrific! It'll help me set up mine. :)

I wonder if I'm gonna like the HUGE 5" and 2 5/8" gauges. I hope it don't look too hoakey. lol I originally wanted the smaller setup like you have, but this was the only one to come up on ebay in a long time so I thought I better jump on it. lol

the bigger gauges should looks great.. i still have to make the rest of the dash now. bought this section i have because i got it for a good price from RMD and didn't have the money for the bigger set up.. looking back i wish i would have bought the dash all the way across. lucky the center piece and glove box pieces should be the easier to make. not too much to them..

i like how your light and wiper switches are further apart then mime. gets a little tight with them next to one another like mine.

oh and just a little warning... do not use a blue LED for your high beem light.. holy crap it will blind ya. gonna change mine to red or something a little less bright...

DSC_0036.jpg

downsized_0816002043.jpg

the bigger gauges should looks great.. i still have to make the rest of the dash now. bought this section i have because i got it for a good price from RMD and didn't have the money for the bigger set up.. looking back i wish i would have bought the dash all the way across. lucky the center piece and glove box pieces should be the easier to make. not too much to them..

Yea, I have the glove box piece of the RMD unit as well. I was trying to figure out how the hinges and latch mechanism were gonna mount to it, but stupid me, I found out it's only a cover, and just bolts to the existing glove box door. lol

-
Back