James's 1970 Dodge Dart build.

-
Your car looks great, im going for the same look as you with the grey torq thrusts. Do you plan on keeping it the same color?

mopardude, Do you have any larger close up pics of that RMD unit. I know they are no longer available from what I read, maybe with enough pictures I could attempt to duplicate it.

ALW
Does anyone know why RMD is no longer producing these units? They are nice pieces.

Does anyone know why RMD is no longer producing these units? They are nice pieces.

from what i had herd not sure how true it is... but it was two brothers in business. one had to stop because of his real job and whatever else life threw at him. the other brother stuck it out for a little bit but gave it up shortly after.. not sure how many they sold, they wern't cheap and you know mopar guys....

mopardude, Do you have any larger close up pics of that RMD unit. I know they are no longer available from what I read, maybe with enough pictures I could attempt to duplicate it.

ALW

I got better pics today for you. I'm still working on the fitment of the column and dash, I'm having trouble with the column lining up with the cutout in the dash. So, more time to invest in that later...That little plastic column cover will no longer work, so I'm making something similar out of steel...

149czfo.jpg

21eudk2.jpg

qx4geg.jpg

2lc8qr4.jpg

33128wj.jpg

2r7anmo.jpg

mhr62b.jpg

24y8fgg.jpg

2h6vx20.jpg

Also Joe, when you got your AMD dash, was it all finish welded and complete ready to go needing no touch ups? Cuz if you look at the pics I provided, you can see on mine how the gauge tubes are just tac welded on, and if you look closely on the front side of it, the tubes protrude a little and are not flush. SO, more work for me, I'll have to tig weld them all the way around, and sand them nice and smooth, and make sure the front of the dash is all cherry as well...

Also Joe, when you got your AMD dash, was it all finish welded and complete ready to go needing no touch ups? Cuz if you look at the pics I provided, you can see on mine how the gauge tubes are just tac welded on, and if you look closely on the front side of it, the tubes protrude a little and are not flush. SO, more work for me, I'll have to tig weld them all the way around, and sand them nice and smooth, and make sure the front of the dash is all cherry as well...

no mine was just tack welded.. i left it that way. the small gauges don't weigh much at all so i figured they will be ok. the front side fitment wasn't bad on the tubes. once powder coated it looks great..

Love the dash, but here is a little advice. Have some sunglasses handy while driving. I have a stainless dash insert and sometime the sun hits it and reflects right back up to my face. It's like staring at the sun.

James, not even a 1970 'cuda with all those parts in it will bring what is invested. I have basically the same thing as you but in a 1970 'cuda.
RMS front, Air Ride triangulated 4 link rear (same as Street Lynx for A's), Hydroboost, Wilwood 4 piston calipers, Strange S-60, Hughes ported Edelbrock heads and Super Victor intake as well, the forged internals and hydr. roller lifters/cam are Hughes too! I have a TKO 500 and a Procharger on mine though.
I know I can't get close to what I have in it. I don't want to sell it but if I did I'm at the same point as you, no interior, no paint, odds and ends.
BTW, I am on my 5th deployment, been in since the beginning. I am over "there" right now. It is the only time I can spend money on the car because the household budget is so tight when I'm not in a tax free, haz duty zone.
I'm glad you're doing good on the "outside". I'm glad you saved your money for something good and something you'll enjoy for awhile. I know some guys who saved all the desert money and it was blown on strippers or stupid crap.
The car is looking really good and you are putting the money into the right places.

I just sold my done 70 BS23V sixpack cuda dana automatic shakerhood rubber bumper car only mods were headers,wheels,a/c good solid nice driver not a concours car but damn nice for $45k i paid 77K in 08 for it wish i would of gotten a TT viper 1000hp with driveability is where its at lol

awsome car man good fab skils

build looks awesome! keep up the good work! you coming up to sac for mopar muscle car magic?

hey cliff, no progress. car is stored away until i finish my barracuda.

where and when is mopar muscle magic?

okay...just did one more thing today....installed the engine and trans for mock up purposes..gotta make hydraulic clutch linkage, slave cylinder mount..

-
Back