James's 1970 Dodge Dart build.

-
Thats really nice tin work!

My question is how and where is the tank vented to? If it's to the trunk Im thinking you need to change that. Especially if you plan on trunk mounting the battery.

Needsaresto, I gotta figure out how exactly I'm gonna vent the tank. I know it will constantly breathe, as the fuel contracts and expands due to temperature, and also suck in air when the fuel level goes down. So, if you look at this picture, I will use either vent on the left of the tank, and the line will come up and U-turn down, through the trunk floor, and underneath I'll have some sort of fabricated vapor can, like the factory, only I'm not gonna run a vacuum line. It won't be super enclosed, so it won't have to purge ...But if you don't think that will work, I'm open to any ideas that you may have...And yes, my battery will be in the trunk.

And likewise, my fuel & return lines will go up and U-turn down through the floor and run along the right side of the frame...

2quk5s2.jpg

..well too bad you dont have any Fabrication skill....... lol.... looking downright RIGHTEOUS !

-RPM

Holy PISS man!
Again, as others have stated thx for your service to our country! Takes a lot out of you, going to Iraq. Been there too!
On another note! Your project has sparked a bit or inspiration in me this eve. I have my little Valiant that has been neglected for nearly a year now. The fabrication work on your ride is clean and well executed! Love it when people aren't afraid to make the car "their own"!
Great job and thx for the inspiration! I hope to get back to mine soon!

Thanks for putting yours in harms way to help keep ours safe? Ten Hut!

What an awesome build. Great car to start with too, no rust - OUTSTANDING.

Subscribed.

Looking good mopardude. I think that we are doing the same build, but your craftsmanship is on another level. I hate you!!! Just kidding. I just welded in a trunk pan and a 16 gallon RCI fuel cell. I love your build and keep the pics coming.

would love to see it when you get the panel done was gonna but the rocky mount but they are gone now i have autometer gauges but no panel as of yet would you be interested in fabbing one to sell

I am in the process of changing the gauge cluster as well..would like to see yours when done.

ian.

Well, My friend is helping me with the dash. I dont know yet how I'm gonna mount my auto meter gauges...I have 6 of 'em. The speedo and tach are 3 3/8 while the rest are 2 1/16 water temp, oil pressure, volts and fuel level.

0301002008.jpg

0303002100.jpg

thats sick, ps I sent you a message about getting in contact with me.

That's cool. I was thinking about doing the same thing with my dart, but I thought it would be too much work. LOL. That car is going to be sick! Love it, keep the pictures coming.

That's cool. I was thinking about doing the same thing with my dart, but I thought it would be too much work. LOL. That car is going to be sick! Love it, keep the pictures coming.

lol thanks! I am seriously thinking about skipping the paint and body work...I cannot do it and I will be forced to have the paint and body work done by a professional. It will cost a whole lotta money, and I dont know if I am willing to spend that kind of cash on body and paint. There are so many things i have left to do, wiring, brake and fuel lines, interior...and much more...

lol thanks! I am seriously thinking about skipping the paint and body work...I cannot do it and I will be forced to have the paint and body work done by a professional. It will cost a whole lotta money, and I dont know if I am willing to spend that kind of cash on body and paint. There are so many things i have left to do, wiring, brake and fuel lines, interior...and much more...
Be sneaky about it. Go work in a body shop long enough to learn how and get paid for it as well.....

Well, My friend is helping me with the dash. I dont know yet how I'm gonna mount my auto meter gauges...I have 6 of 'em. The speedo and tach are 3 3/8 while the rest are 2 1/16 water temp, oil pressure, volts and fuel level.

0301002008.jpg

0303002100.jpg
Looks good James! Placement wise, what about tunneling the speedo and tach in the top section and splitting the others on either side of the steering column in the lower section. The bottom should be wide enough and at a decent viewing angle. Headlight and wiper switches could go on the outside of the gauges for a symmetrical look. Just a thought.

Conor

BTW, not much interest in my Dart. So, I might have to hide it away until I can afford it

Conor, That's a good idea about the gauges...I am open to all suggestions! I am bummed that I didn't but a RMD dash before they went out of business!!!

Be sneaky about it. Go work in a body shop long enough to learn how and get paid for it as well.....

That is what I did! I'm only making minimum wage right now.. But the use of the shop is worth SO much more than I could make anywhere else (well not anywhere but You know what I mean).

Conor, That's a good idea about the gauges...I am open to all suggestions! I am bummed that I didn't but a RMD dash before they went out of business!!!

I suggest keeping the big ones where they are and "stacking" the little ones on top of each other to the outside. if that makes sense..

I think you'll come to find that doing a paintjob is not as hard as you would think. You have a car that needs paint regardless. You might as well go for it. Take the trunk lid or something, and do it till it's right, then do the rest of the car.

Thanks all for the nice comments...I really gotta take a bosy class or somethin I guess...lol

-
Back