Johnny's Pics and Videos!

-
Dang phone went dead while writing the reply...
Plugged in now...

LOL the snubber, Mancini and/or USCartool sell an an adjustable snubbed via a screw that gets locked down for better adjustment. Us 4spd guys have more violence under the car and weld in a plate (1/4 or better) to take the hit instead of the body. Triple bolt in if need be. There is some thin metal cars out there....

Edit;
@Johnny Mac , Found it;
Mancini Racing Adjustable Pinion Snubber

Last edited:
Dang phone went dead while writing the reply...
Plugged in now...

LOL the snubber, Mancini and/or USCartool sell an an adjustable snubbed via a screw that gets locked down for better adjustment. Us 4spd guys have more violence under the car and weld in a plate (1/4 or better) to take the hit instead of the body. Triple bolt in if need be. There is some thin metal cars out there....

Edit;
@Johnny Mac , Found it;
Mancini Racing Adjustable Pinion Snubber
Mine is the adjustable one with the cotter pin type. It is lightly touching when suspension isn't loaded. Just the force of loading and launching Is what has it beating / bending the original support.

IMG_20191007_203453_535.jpg

Oh yea! Old Tyme trick right there. Since the rear of the leaf springs only job is to hold up the rear of the car when your at launch, they actually hold back the cars reaction and abilities.

The other half of that trick is to install clamps on the front of the springs to stiffen them up. MP used to sell these clamps. Just a simple set of bolts and bar that are rectangular to cross the spring with holes on the ends to run the bolts through and tighten up.
We couldn`t keep the front clamps located , no matter how tight we torqued them, afraid they`d get into the 16" firestones of the time .

Absolutely in love with this shifter.
Had to do a little modding and machine a spacer for the two button handle, but this is what I have been missing the last 2 years :)
20191123_124235.jpg
20191123_123954.jpg
20191123_145452.jpg
20191123_145447.jpg
20191123_141253.jpg
20191123_141301.jpg

20191123_124722.jpg

What are the two on the car right?
One looks like a mushroom cloud?
Is it a nuke the competition button?
:lol:

Lol it's funny bc I ordered an e Bay label kit and it came with literally the stupidest labels I have ever seen. The biohazard goes to the nitrous activation, which I don't even have hooked up. The gas mask is a purge valve. Good observation!

OH! Gas Mask & a Bio Hazzard symbol.
LOL, FWIW, the Bio is upside down, LOL. I didn’t see the gas mask symbol, it looked like a mushroom cloud on my I-phone. I was thinking rocket launcher aimed at the competition..... BOOM!!!

Idk if the above video will work, but it'd my new e85 setup. 10.44 @127.

There will be another sema, and i hope we will meet again!

My talented wife helped sticker up some bar stools for the garage bar!

20211009_201711.jpg

-
Back