Junkyard finds!!

-
Some oldies.....

junkyard pics 044.jpg

junkyard pics 046.jpg

junkyard pics 054.jpg

"AH well son, i see yer problem right here.. seems someone put a tree where yer engine should be. That'll be $250."

Seeing all the cars like this just seems wrong. Where ever this is take the time to enjoy it you don't know how lucky you are to have this to scrounge parts from. If you only knew!!

Thanks for the pictures.

'Old Cars for Fun" in Indianapolis is pretty much like that yard

I stopped by there last week when I was on my way to Lake city with a buddy to drop off a derby car he sold.
There was a lot of rusted car shells, not much left, and not a fixable car in the lot. Odds and ends yes, but it was so hard to manuever around the yard thanks to those weird trees that tear blue jeans apart.
I have never seen so many chargers in my life, must be over a hundred of them there.
The AAR, it is a 73, so it aint real, LOL Seems that all the fender tags and vin plates were robbed years ago, so it was impossible to see what the cars originally had for options, could only guess, some of the more rare ones had the vin pieces cut out of the body also, so some cloning is or has been going on too. I am sure glad I dont live there, that salt is a killer.
MN is a good place to offer cars for sale though. We sell a few a year to MN.

Man, I'm just going nuts! Whay doesn't we have those wrecking yards in Sweden? We have some stinking Audi, Volvo and Saab cars.

I can almost feel that in some of the early Abody trunks it might be a NOS Goodyear 7.00x13 for me. Hmmmmm!

Hey 66 340 Sedan. Let us know where it's at. The more parts we buy from this yard the longer those cars stick around...no matter how high scrap prices get. toolmanmike

Hey 66 340 Sedan. Let us know where it's at. The more parts we buy from this yard the longer those cars stick around...no matter how high scrap prices get. toolmanmike

The location is earlier in the thread. They will not crush any of their cars!

-
Back