Just bein' GOLDIE!

-
Great looking B'Cuda. I love it's stance after replacing the leaf springs. That's roughly the stance I'm looking to end up with on mine. Keep up the good work!

I hope mine turns out as well as yours. Did you ever install the headliner we discused? I still need to find one for mine. If you installed it send me a pic to see how the color is.
Sorry about your dad, I haven't been keeping up lately.
Hope you have a great day.

I hope mine turns out as well as yours. Did you ever install the headliner we discused? I still need to find one for mine. If you installed it send me a pic to see how the color is.
Sorry about your dad, I haven't been keeping up lately.
Hope you have a great day.

Thanks Tommy, with the care you're putting into your gold fish I am sure it will turn out awesome. I still haven't gotten around to doing the headliner but maybe I'll tackle it soon. Yesterday I drove Goldie to N. Georgia and took my Pop on a short outing, he's making progress, and slowly getting his strength back.

Thats good to hear. Mine is such a slow progress. I don't think she will see the road this year, the way things are going. I have the transmission, brakes, leaf springs, shocks, front suspension and the carb have all been rebuillt or replaced. The 273 runs great, I did upgrade to electronic ignition but still have the dual point to re-install if this doesn't work out. I need to replace the passenger side floor pan, remove the dash and do a lot of rust control. For the most part, the underneath is complete, so hopefully the interior will start soon. I did return to work part time so that takes some time, plus with spring and having a home there is always something to do.
Perhaps one day I will have mine looking as good as yours. We will have to meet up and let the twins spend some time together. I know your car gets looks around Atlanta, what if there were two of them cruising together, That would be a site.
I had better go finish the new walkway before my wife gets back so I'll chat with you soon.
Tommy

Ordered new springs from Espo, 5 leafs and +1" over stock height. They have regular and heavy duty, these are non H/D, from reading other threads I think I will be good. Will post pics soon, meanwhile Goldie's taking a rest.

I figured why spend money on air shocks when I really need new leafs....

Even if I had a work space, I just don't have the mechanical skills most of you guys have...anyway, I'm helping the economy, right?

Espo :glasses7: I will look them up and see what it costs to get a set to me here in Arkansas David springs and things to my door with one extra leaf will be $256.23 :cheers: Looks like Espo is springs and things... cool thank you

Espo Springs n Things is a great vendor!

Here's a pic of Goldie I took yesterday. He's a proud fellow.

Attachments

• 007.jpg
    91 KB · Views: 345
Looks like it could happen now that Treva is working, I better get my order in before turkey day :D you do know if I use the money :glasses7:she can't get it if it's gone..:D part # 70268 :cheers: sunny and 70 here also :glasses7:

Yes after 5 fun years it is time for a new family to take over as caretakers of Goldie. The new owners tell me Goldie is really a "she" and not a "he" as I had believed...well it's hard to tell the sex of a fish after all...So here are the final moments of Goldie and me, I am sure there will be a lot more great memories to come.

From now on this thread belongs to Goldie's new family...they are FABO members too. :cheers:

Attachments

• 270.jpg
    78.1 KB · Views: 293
  • 268.jpg
    104.1 KB · Views: 299
  • 267.jpg
    122.7 KB · Views: 305
  • 266.jpg
    144.5 KB · Views: 294
  • 265.jpg
    131.8 KB · Views: 295
  • 264.jpg
    103.4 KB · Views: 300
  • 262.jpg
    119.3 KB · Views: 295
  • 259.jpg
    99.3 KB · Views: 300
  • 257.jpg
    80.6 KB · Views: 294
  • 258.jpg
    139.5 KB · Views: 295
Goldie isnt gone- she just is moving to a new location and is becoming the pride and joy of my 13 yo daughter.

My little girl and I are going to do some of the general things that Goldie may need and we are going to also add some personal touches. My Maddie will learn how to change oil, grease ball joints, weld a floor pan and install disc brakes.

She will be on this thread posting, so be gentle fellas.

As for me, I am a weekend gear head. My credentials are decent; I had a '67 Cuda Notch with a 360 and a '69 Roadrunner convert with an air grabber hood dash tach and a bucket seat column shift car. Goldie will be rooming with a '65 Mustang Fastback.

If you get a chance check the thread, and give my little one some encouragement. Goldie will be taking her to high school and might even be the chariot that she rides in on her weddind day.

Catch you soon,

Scorp

End of a chapter in life....and starting a new one.I guess I can't call you Gold anymore,best wishes.Welcome,Scorpion.Great first car,for a loved one.

WOW!
The wheels make a HUGE difference...NICE!!!

attachment.php

Well, congratulations to Scorpion & daughter.
But David, please tell us you'll be sticking around!!!
C

Havent had time to do much; just started a new job and renovated the garage.

So far have removed the aftermarket cruise control, and replaced the battery.

The Cuda is in nice shape; but will need a few things. The front bumper is tweaked and she took a hit in right front and possibly the rear at some point. Not surprising for a 50 year old car.

It runs a 2-barrel with a balky choke and cuts out sometimes; I located a correct factory 65 4B manifold, commando valve covers and a chrome AC. The motor will get a detail job with an electronic ignition and a new 500 cfm Edelbrock carb. Next up will be a disc brake conversion for the front.

Eventually I will build a 318 for it and if anyone in the MD area has one I am interested.

I will post pics when I get some of this done.

Dave did a great job and really took care of the Cuda; we are just making some owner changes based on what we like.

It will be at cruise night starting April parked next to our 65 Mustang Fastback.

Pics soon.

Thank you for the update Dave, your words put a big smile on my face. Removing that aftermarket cruise was long overdue and a big improvement. Goldie had a checkered life, I am glad there are still people like you who feel a car is worthy regardless of that! Have fun, your plans will take Goldie to a place I hoped she would be.

So its been several weeks since I posted. A new job, home renovations etc. put the '65 on the back burner. However we did find time to collect parts. My daughter was busy collecting clothes. I sense she wants a final product more than the experience of attainment.

Though I think welding in a floor pan will get her attention.

The plan for Goldie began to take shape after awhile. She was comfortable but anemic with the two barrel. I sourced an original 65 4 barrel intake off this site, a set of commando valve covers and a commando air cleaner. I bought a 500 cfm Edelbrock carb and a set of yellow Taylor wires. She already has a pertronix.

Being a bit busy I sent the car to the Mad Auto Scientist of Mount Airy MD- Dave Chew. Chew can fix it all and squeeze max horsepower out of anything. He has a blown Opel GT for crying out loud ;)

If you are near Frederick MD look up Cheweys Performance Automotive- He knows old and new and he got a weird gleam in his eye when he saw Goldie.

So here is where we are- the valves needed adjustment so he took care of that. Put the manifold on, sprayed the original valve covers black for the time being. The carb is on and he is playing around with wires, brackets etc. He added wingnuts on the valve covers for an old school look. No doubt in my mind the Old girl will be a bit more perky.

Next up:

• Front disc brakes
  • May go with 15" steelies body color with dog dish caps- I have a gauge to measure offset so I can get some rubber on the rears
  • Custom exhaust outlets, square export (which I may adapt from a RR) set up into rear valance
  • May get Black stripes with red piping on the sides

Pics of the engine in process below.

I will keep everyone posted as we move forward.

Scorp

Attachments

• IMG_0037.jpg
    129.4 KB · Views: 182
  • IMG_0036.jpg
    174.5 KB · Views: 194
  • IMG_0035.jpg
    112.1 KB · Views: 186
-
Back