Just bought this what do you think ?

-
Yes I do, no money has changed hands, I know it is a lot of money, but it is a very rare car if it as described.

I do plan on keeping and you are making me more nervous than if you actually said something useful :)

and I don't like the rims either, but I guess they could not be original with disk brakes.

Let's put it in perspective. Think of your Dart as a '32 Ford Roadster in 1979. Would you rather have the '32 with a nice V8, synchromesh transmission, and modern suspension or would you rather have a stocker? That's what has been done to your Dart. It is an excellent car that will get plenty of looks and allow you to cruise in comfort for quite a few more years with no worries. It has a bunch of nice upgrades that you don't have to do and make the car unique. It is not a 10 point restoration by any stretch of the imagination, which is a good thing. There are even a few warts that you can smooth out and make it your own without dropping major coin. It appears to be a good solid car with no major problems. We should all be so lucky. If I had the money, I'd buy it in a heartbeat, but I don't so I can't. Enjoy it and do what YOU want with it. That's the whole point. :thumrigh:

great looking car ! i dont care for the chevy lookin rims imo...u guys have amazed me with the little things u guys pointed out on his car! this may b a dumb question but what is the spiter on the heater core hose?

great looking car interior looks great i would cruise the **** outta that car!!!! and i do wanna know the time of it going down the strip if u ever do.

Numbers are from chrysler corporation production option code book.If it was a factory 4 speed car it would have a 3 under AB on your fendertag. Also 4bbl commando option was not available in 64 but 5 code trans does mean it originaly came with a 273 2bbl V8,just not a 4 speed. This is a very nice rare dart that has obviously been modified in a few areas. Most are very positive and should only help driveability of the car.

Oldschoolcuda

The main things I can tell you by comparing it to my original GT is most all of the trim looks correct except the engine badges should be the V-Eight ones and the location of the GT on the quarter doesn't look right. Interior besides the panels and covers all looks to match, correct door scripts etc. Other than the obvious stuff like the home depot temp. sensor tee in the heater hose, the crap ground connection on the intake, plastic filter, etc. it looks like a good driver. I would get some frame connectors and have all the panels re-aligned and drive the hell out it.

Awesome car!!And I dont know,ive always like those chrome Smoothie baby moon wheels for some reason.I think the last owner was looking for that vintage drop top hot rod look with the smoothies,gold trim,and steeering wheel,still looks cool though and a beautiful car

The main things I can tell you by comparing it to my original GT is most all of the trim looks correct except the engine badges should be the V-Eight ones and the location of the GT on the quarter doesn't look right. Interior besides the panels and covers all looks to match, correct door scripts etc. Other than the obvious stuff like the home depot temp. sensor tee in the heater hose, the crap ground connection on the intake, plastic filter, etc. it looks like a good driver. I would get some frame connectors and have all the panels re-aligned and drive the hell out it.

The GT badges are in the right place the 273 badge looks like it is from a 67 dart.

I see two things out of place...the reverse chrommies and moons aren't right...needs stock wheels and hubcaps.

Second thing out of place is it isn't parked in my driveway!! Sweet car!

I noticed the bottom of the doors are out a little. Does this mean the tops of the quarters are sagging in some? I looked at a 69 dart rag once and I could grab the top of the quarter rear of the door and move it around. Is this a sag or soft spot on ragtops? Thats what I saw. Good Luck.

I assumed that this means that it needs new bushings in the door hinges.

or at least they need to be rehung.

great looking car ! i dont care for the chevy lookin rims imo...u guys have amazed me with the little things u guys pointed out on his car! this may b a dumb question but what is the spiter on the heater core hose?

great looking car interior looks great i would cruise the **** outta that car!!!! and i do wanna know the time of it going down the strip if u ever do.

Thats a home depot solution to an analog water temp gauge

Yea, I know the interior is not original, but that is hard to find in a 47 year old convertible. At least I can still get the "original" interior.

I don't think the delete plate is damaged, but it is hard to tell. and the tachy tach has to go.

8 3/4 is new, brakes are upgraded
Exhaust has to go
Supposedly no rust, or bondo.

I can paint the blower, and I will need to find a different steering wheel
I don't know about 8k there were a few people that bid it up to 12k, so I think I can get that at least.

My mistake, the tach is hanging down from the dash. I would change it over to one of those reto tachs that just came out.

I hate the dash pad.

But I am more interested in what isn't obvious Like what does the fender tag say:
And is all the chrome correct for that year.
Supposedly it is a commando motor but the valve covers and air cleaner look wrong? it is a solid lift engine with a 3/4 grind.

And what am I going to do with the 63 convertible already in my garage ?
:)

Looks like they cut a hole in it from the picture above.

I would go with the hipo 273 exhaust system. You can get everything from Accuate Ltd. That's what I installed on my vert with the exception of the muffler. I used a Flowmaster in lieu of the stock muffler. Has a really nice sound and the car really performs.

Damn guys can't you stop picking everything apart? I think it is a sweet ride and if the owner is happy so am I! Like the man said BE NICE IT IS JUST A JOB. Be happy for someones find.

Actually I am looking for the picking,
things like the 1967 273 emblems,

and especially the fender tag decodes

Thanks

Damn guys can't you stop picking everything apart? I think it is a sweet ride and if the owner is happy so am I! Like the man said BE NICE IT IS JUST A JOB. Be happy for someones find.

He hasnt even bought it yet and hes looking for pickers...ie. constructive critisism(sp) If I were to buy it and had the time and money. I would:
1..change the dash pad to a correct style in the same color.
2. Rallyes
3. Commando valve covers (you can sell those ugly Cal Customs to me :))
4. Steering wheel
Thats about it! Thats a very nice looking car. 14K could buy a nice car, 6K car and 8K worth of work could net you the same price tag but it would all be your level of perfection.

Thanks for your input. but nowadays 8k doesn't get you that far unless you do it yourself.

You can spend that on paint alone, I certainly can't do it, and I have tried.

trapster: YOU bought it and YOU are happy with it - thats all that matters. Enjoy it. Use it in good health. Have great times and memories!

-
Back