K Member Identification

-

19_Dart_68

Reaction score
Is there an easy way to tell if you have a v8 k-member or a 6 cyl item?

Im sure there is a part number somwhere too, so if anyone knows where that is...

Thx

If they are still up, go to the Schumakers swap site and they have photos

"Never mind?" Unless you guys are smarter than I, looks like the ID K member section is GONE

Schumachers site is a mess. They say they are coming back but doesnt really look like it.

K2.jpg

K3.jpg

K4.jpg

I realize this thread is probably about 67-72 or 73-76 K’s so I’ll say something about 63-66 K’s. They are the same whether for a slant or V8; only the motor mounts are different.

My friend Chris (Motech/Temecula Ca.) bought Schumacher
a while back. I was down there and he is really making big
changes in the operation and organization. I feel that you will be
very happy with the products in the immediate future! I bought a
conversion mount to put a small block in place of a big block in our
73 Roadrunner Stock eliminator car. He is getting inventory completed
on many products that have been unavailable for a while.

He is one of the Good Guys = It just took a bit to get it sorted out again
after he acquired it.

Is there a glaringly telling feature that says that it is a v8?

Thanks for all the replies. Next, if you're game, we can play name that factory floor shifter!
(I think it's an E body shifter)

Shifter.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks for all the replies. Next, if you're game, we can play name that factory floor shifter!
(I think it's an E body shifter)

View attachment 1716044922
I was thinking 71 and up B body but I think E is the same stuff in those years. I am going to say but it's been awhile that the E bodies I had were equipped with a black t handle. So I think that is B body

@Cuda Hunter

70' E BODY SLAP STICK {IF THE HANDLE IS SHORT CAN'T REALLY TELL}...71,72,73.74 HAD THE PLASTIC '''''''''''' T '''''''''''' HANDLE, STILL WERE SLAP STICKS THOUGH

70' E BODY SLAP STICK {IF THE HANDLE IS SHORT CAN'T REALLY TELL}...71,72,73.74 HAD THE PLASTIC '''''''''''' T '''''''''''' HANDLE, STILL WERE SLAP STICKS THOUGH
Im pretty sure my buddy's 70 Six Pack Cuda had one of these, I think you are correct!

70 ' ebody chrome stick was about 3-4" tall ,plus the knob . Ebody only ones that had the actual true ratchet type . There may had been some in some bigger sporty cars but were not real slap sticks not ratchet type. STARTING 1ST GEAR UP SHIFT , COULD ONLY RATCHET ONE GEAR AT A TIME . Great idea it was.

-
Back