K member removal - engine in car

-
Maybe it's just me but I'd just yank the engine and get er out of the way then yank the K-member. Nothing worse than working on the car and having the engine fall on you. It'd ruin your whole day.

Maybe it's just me but I'd just yank the engine and get er out of the way then yank the K-member. Nothing worse than working on the car and having the engine fall on you. It'd ruin your whole day.
you could just as easily have the car, sans engine, fall on you. it's all in the riggin'

I don't think Lee pulled the engine, just supported it. By the way Jim, you've seen this car before...........

If you want to get into a debate about loud pipes on bikes, please don't do it in my thread. Please start your own.

If you refer to my post you will see I apologized for that before posting -- however, i am not the one who posted content that is meant to stir up crap.

You didn't comment on the two other posters who made the original remarks nor the one that Oldmanmopar made, which i think is completely rude and un-necessary...."coffins are cheaper than hospital beds"...and "Helmets explode under pressure , swelling of the head could cause injury to bystanders. keep em off. ".....what a sh!tty thing to say when you know that a fellow forum member and mopar owner rides.

That just shows the immaturity of someone when they post things like that.

Not looking to get into a debate in "your" thread.....only looking to make my own comment to try and set the record straight and to hopefully remind people that they need to be more courteous as to what they post since members here can be from all walks of life and have all sorts of hobbies, past times etc.

When I was installing the tranny on my fish, I ran a ratchet strap between the frame members, running under the oil pan...used a 2x12 there to distribute the load......held the motor up just fine. So I would think that if you did the same thing it would work, provided you had the tranny end mount installed....you are just holding up one end of the motor that way.

if you check your K, Mine cracked at 2 of 3 joints on the steering box support. Enough for me to drive 6 hours (OC to Tracy, CA) to buy a pulled one. Now that I have a welder (and a plasma) I wouldnt think twice on beefing one up if I had the reason to. Its on my list if I drop my stroker in as well as a 8 3/4 boxed back.

-
Back