Krusty is making progress....

-
Status
Not open for further replies.
I was gonna build one from my wife's car. 1 of none. I sold almost all the AMC stuff I had gathered for the V8 build. I even have the vacuum hood flapper for it.

Went out today, only drilled 4 holes, and installed the fuel-cell and fuel-pump. Then I had to get to detailing my pit-bike/scooter. My stuff has been neglected for awhile...

Krusty pump mount.jpg

Krusty pump mount holes.jpg

Krusty pump mount install.jpg

Krusty fuel pump in.jpg

Krusty cell and pump install.jpg

Last year, it got rained on and highway crap for hundreds of miles [coming home from Carlisle]. It rode in my dually, not the trailer. I have to find a great trailer chock, for small scooter wheels.

scooter 4.jpg

scooter 3.jpg

scooter 2.jpg

Last edited:
One thing i hate bout these youtube "Rescue" guys is either the second a motor starts for the first time in decades they will instantly rev the **** out of it.. or there is one channel with a young guy and his dad that will just keep cranking a motor til the batter or starter dies, just find it annoying..
Sorry for the off topic :)

I don't really have the time to watch videos online. A lot of it, is that I don't watch other people do things...I do things. tick-tock.....

Put the first fuel line together today. Stupid, how tight the Parker push-lock hose is. I've decided to run 5/8" ID stainless tubing as far from the rear to the front, as possible. This is something I wish I had the tools and welding abilities to do properly, so it will be done by my friend and Tig-Ninja, Ernie at Motofab. While I wait for an opening in his busy schedule, I'll get the shorter front tires on the rims, balance all 4 tires, and Jim and I are gonna do all the brake lines. Gotta start buying stainless line and fittings....

Krusty 1st fuel line.jpg

Krusty up for brake lines 2.jpg

Krusty up for brake lines 5-31-23.jpg

Krusty front suspension rt frt.jpg

Krusty front suspension rt rr.jpg

are those control arms powder coated silver or just raw?

Too many other things going on, and Krusty is kinda back-burnered. Got the tires changed, all balanced, and raised it up higher to start brake lines. Drilled some holes, and took the axle-hose bracket off the car. For some strange reason, Strange put the axle vent on the right side, and caused the flex line to be too long for the left side mount. I reshaped and coated the bracket for mounting to the right-rear seatbelt plate. The bracket was hardened, and I had to anneal it to drill it. Should be plenty strong and eliminate the long hose. Now, I have to figure where to mount the components at the front [line-loc, prop-valve, pressure-switch]. There was lots more room on my B and E-body cars. Once all the first lines are fitted, I'm gonna get stainless lines with armor. Just take them my pre-bent, and tell them to duplicate it.

Jim drilling a couple holes in crossmembers.....
Krusty Jim drilling holes.jpg

Krusty brake hose hanger.jpg

Krusty brake hose bracket coated.jpg

Last edited:
A special thank you from all of us at HDK (me) for visiting my /our good friend this past week. It meant a lot to him....and me.

Last edited:
Went and saw Mark again... good food, good time, GREAT guy. I was pretty sober, this time. LOL

Me and Mark Somma Pittsburg 7-12-23.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back