Krusty is making progress....

-
Status
Not open for further replies.
I bought this, because you said you had a painted one...that was all. This is good enough for Krusty. I don't anticipate being your way soon. Weather is breaking, and I'll be busy for awhile around the property. As always....Thanks!

no problem, I stumbled on more bumpers while looking thru a pile of leftovers while searching for a 73 front bumper I need for fabrication mock-up. I got Mopar stuff in several garages and basements.....I never want to dig too deep, I might find Jimmie Hoffa.

Last edited:
Took the arms off my replacement front bumper. Got busy with the air-tools again....
Krusty bumper arms.jpg

Krusty bumper arms 2.jpg

Krusty bumper arms 4.jpg

Got more holes and 2 more arms to do, before blasting and powder-coat.

More progress with the hole-saws. Got tired, and called it good [probably missed a 1/2 pound]. They're not symetric to each other, but close enough. Sometimes the cut-off wheel and burr get away from ya...LOL
Dropped off the arms and picked up my battery tray. We had to order powder for the fuel-cell.

Krusty arms 5.jpg

Krusty battery mount.jpg

Krusty bat tray coated 2.jpg

Last edited:
Went to AW Racecars today, to fit for final column length. While I was there, I took another hood to replace the one on the car. The car is 1 1/2" lower, and looking pretty much as it should sit when finished. I may still have to get 26" front tires, though.

Krusty rt window shop closer.jpg

Krusty rt window shop.jpg

Krusty engine limiter.jpg

Krusty engine limiter above.jpg

Krusty rt frt shop low.jpg

Krusty lft frt shop low.jpg

Krusty lft side shop.jpg

Krusty rt rr shop.jpg

Krusty rt rr shop above.jpg

Krusty rt rr shop low.jpg

Last edited:
Gotta make more holes......
Krusty headlite buckets.jpg

Krusty hood catch.jpg

Not quite enough holes...
Krusty hood secondary.jpg

Last edited:
No. It is amazing how light some pieces feel, after "the process". LOL
I've got my eye on that shifter-plate, after it returns home.

Thanks to all the people who are following this, and the likes. It keeps me coming back to the site. When I was down for months...I wasn't online at all. I was in bed or on the couch. This is keeping me a bunch more active and healing quicker.

I saw the first page of this and you have the same disease that I do when it comes to track cars. If you can't see the metal because it's covered up, start drilling holes in it! LOL

Cool build and nice work.

Great build, I can't wait to see you and the car at a Mopar event sometime this year in Ohio. Glad that you are getting better Mike ! Carry on

After a long wait... I received my "improved" door panels from PG Classic, today. I won't know how they'll fit for awhile, but first impressions are....beautiful.

Krusty door panels.jpg

Krusty door panels 3.jpg

Krusty door panels 2.jpg

Last edited:
What’s the plan for the interior? Krusty on the outside, cream on the inside?

Yes. The interiors on my cars, are very important to me. That's where I spend most of the time, and see the most. It'll be a S/S type interior, with new race-carpet, 1-pc headliner, dash, door panels, etc. Obviously, no rear seat. I used 72 panels, because they have the most woodgrain. It's not like it's gonna be OEM. LOL

sent the bumper with Joe and Lynn. Joe says it's a good excuse to catch up with you.

Not much progress. We're waiting on the interior guy to get back from vacation [how dare him...LOL], and AFCO to build my rear shocks. Picked up the front bumper arms, when my wife and I were out for lunch. More parts are scheduled for coating, as colors come into the cycle. Finishing up the wagon while I'm waiting on Krusty's return trip home. I figure May 1st.

Krusty arms coated 3.jpg

Krusty arms coated 2.jpg

Been awhile. Gotta go get Krusty. They're done at the chassis shop. Got the interior carpet and head-liner installed. Dash is back in. Got a new hood on the car, and the custom built AFCO rear shocks are installed. The car is gonna sit idle for a couple weeks, while I attend to another car, and getting my shop cleaned and arranged to get rid of all my excess parts. This will put Krusty being completed, sometime late-summer/fall. Gotta get rid of my junk and non-wanted cars, first. I'll post pics when I get it home....
One pic for now.
Krusty Afco dana Caltrac.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back