Krusty is making progress....

-
Status
Not open for further replies.
While Krusty is getting some paint-work done, I've been able to get a few things coated, and buy some rear tires. The rear wheels are out for beadlocks. I'm working on finishing a long-term project, so I have more room when it leaves. Next for Krusty, is to refinish the dash panels.....

Black coated dash panel...
Krusty dash cluster coated.jpg

Krusty dash cluster black 2.jpg

Krusty dash cluster black.jpg

Krusty dash cluster wiring.jpg

Custom column parts coated. Flat and gloss...

Krusty column parts coated.jpg

Krusty column parts coated 2.jpg

Long-term project....
It's getting a Charger grill.

Wagon 3-12-23.jpg

Last edited:
soo... are all those dummy lights in the dash or??

While Krusty is getting some paint-work done, I've been able to get a few things coated, and buy some rear tires. The rear wheels are out for beadlocks. I'm working on finishing a long-term project, so I have more room when it leaves. Next for Krusty, is to refinish the dash panels.....

Black coated dash panel...
View attachment 1716062769

View attachment 1716062782

View attachment 1716062784

View attachment 1716062770

Custom column parts coated. Flat and gloss...

View attachment 1716062771

View attachment 1716062772

Long-term project....
It's getting a Charger grill.

View attachment 1716062777
Looks like great progress guy! Keep us posted!

Looks good... MM, just curious where are you in mich? you do work on other peoples cars? I just need someone to mix up a closeish match on mine to do the lower quarters i repaired enough to pass the 20ft test

Just read through your thread Mike. Fantastic work. Can’t wait to see the finish line.
Brian

Looks good... MM, just curious where are you in mich? you do work on other peoples cars? I just need someone to mix up a closeish match on mine to do the lower quarters i repaired enough to pass the 20ft test
I'm in Chesterfield. I don't paint anymore.....and leave the nasty stuff to pros. Any quality bodyshop should be able to color-match and blend your quarters. If you want to do it yourself, you can get real paint in spraycans mixed. Prep, spray, and polish it.

I'm in Chesterfield. I don't paint anymore.....and leave the nasty stuff to pros. Any quality bodyshop should be able to color-match and blend your quarters. If you want to do it yourself, you can get real paint in spraycans mixed. Prep, spray, and polish it.
Yeah.. need to find someone to mix up some singlestage is all. no biggy :) figured i would ask since you are like 10 miles away :)

Painted the the whole trunk orange, to decide on the cage color. Gonna go black with the bars....
Krusty trubk paint.jpg

We moved the corners on the wheel lips an inch, for a bit more tire.
Krusty rt qtr wheel lip.jpg

Krusty lft qtr paint.jpg

Went up to drop-off parts and inspect Krusty. I like the black cage in the trunk, much better.....

Krusty trunk painted.jpg

Krusty trunk cage.jpg

Krusty cage painted 2.jpg

Krusty cage painted.jpg

Krusty wheel house black.jpg

Krusty quarter finished.jpg

You are spending too much money to not make it shiny.

You are spending too much money to not make it shiny.
LOL. Then it would just be another shiny Duster. The world is full of them.
I'm over the jewelry thing. Have/had too many of them.

This reminds me of the guy who said I wasted a hemi on my wagon.....

LOL. Then it would just be another shiny Duster. The world is full of them.
I'm over the jewelry thing. Have/had too many of them.

This reminds me of the guy who said I wasted a hemi on my wagon.....
Me too, I made mine too nice

Received my bead-lock converted Bogarts today. Beautiful job by Neil and Parks. These are one of the last things I have to run up to AW Racecars. After the carpet and headliner are installed, they'll assemble what's there. Then, it's tow the roller home to complete the build. Many more steps involved....

Krusty beadlock.jpg

Krusty beadlock 6.jpg

Krusty beadlock 3.jpg

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back