Krusty is making progress....

-
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think so....I was overcome with joy!
I believe the award has BBQ sauce on it now.
:thumbsup:

Last edited:
Seat mounts are about done with lightening...
Krusty small seat mount milled.jpg

Krusty seat mount large profiled.jpg

Dropped off at the powder-coaters, today....

Krusty seat mounts QC.jpg

Last edited:
Hey Mike, Glad you are doing better, the cage looks like it fits real good. Who is doing the nice work ? Did he build the silver 67 with the HEMI ? What ever happened to the one you bought off Sean Dornan ? Take care, Frank

Sold the 66. Funny thing about that car....nobody wanted it. Still puzzles me. Yes, Al at AW Racecars built my 67, also. I'm getting better, but it's a long row to hoe.
Thanks, Mike

I thought the 66 was done real nice, good sheetmetal work and I tried to do the best job I could for Sean on the cage work. Where did it go ?

It was a beauty. Markets are weird. Some guy from New York? came for it. Good for him....bad for me.

Last edited:
This will be a really great car when done. I'm wondering if you are having it upgraded to '7.50 cert' It's looks like you will have the power to blow-thru 8.50?

Thank you.
It'll probably make around 750hp, and still all metal and factory glass. Mid 9's would be fine.

New tunnel is tacked-in. Turbo-400 is being put in place, then rear cross-member and driveshaft loop will be fabbed into place. Lots done....lots more to go. Really cutting this up.:)

Krusty trans tunnel panel.jpg

Last edited:
Threw the pad and parts on the dash frame. Gonna have to refinish the face panels [3 colors of brown]. Repop dash-pad is a POS [ebay 1969 1970 1971 1972 Mopar A-Body Complete Dash Pad Black MPR001NON ( IN STOCK). Worst mold I've seen for a vinyl part. All the edges look like the mold was repaired poorly. Good thing this isn't a real resto.
Forgot about the glove-box hinge......still more holes to do.

Krusty dash new 2.jpg

Krusty dash new.jpg

Krusty GB hinge.jpg

Krusty GB hinge 4.jpg

Krusty GB hinge 3.jpg

Last edited:
Got some coated parts back....
View attachment 1716043878

Krusty master adpt coated.jpg

Krusty seat mout coat.jpg

Krusty ash receiver 2.jpg

Krusty gauge back cut and coated.jpg

Gotta order shocks, and send my Bogarts out for beadlocks. Stuff is progressing at a good rate. Seats will be coated on Mon-Tue.

Last edited:
Next up, speed holes in the body!!!
1675475104223.png

I got to race against this AMC Marlin in the Lemons race 10 or so years ago…they gave their dimple die a run for the money:steering:

Dropped off some more prepped parts today, and picked up many to return home. I need to do more lightening and more powder-coating. Mini-tubs were done differently, with very few of the parts from the kit. The cage is done, and the engine-trans-oilpan have been fitted and mounts finalized. It's almost ready for some orange paint in the trunk, and under hood. Krusty gets attention, when the big dollar cars are between stages. We're waiting for my Strange Eng. Dana-60 to be built and shipped. I have to order some shocks, and send my wheels out. Hoping to have this thing home by mid-March.

Krusty lft tub welded.jpg

Krusty rt tub prep.jpg

Krusty trunk view of minitubs.jpg

Krusty cage thru rt door.jpg

Krusty lft cage at cowl.jpg

Krusty front with oilpan and fenders.jpg

Krusty rt side 2-8-23.jpg

Krusty oilpan rt side.jpg

Krusty engine-trans left.jpg

Krusty oilpan rt close.jpg

Last edited:
Burning up the cheap hole-saws...
Gonna put the brake pedal on the mill.

Krusty brake pedal weight.jpg

Krusty brake pedal weight 8.jpg

Krusty brake pedal weight 7.jpg

Real mounts are done for the fuel-cell and fuel pump. Cell is raised, and bottom of spare-tire well is repaired. They're chuggin' along....

Krusty fuel pump mount.jpg

Krusty fuel cell mount.jpg

Probably not much, maybe a few ounces. However, I could feel the difference. I'm not weighing anything [too cheap to buy a scale that I won't use much]. I think I'll make 3 slots out of the 6 holes, though. I'm only making air, where there's no bends or curves. It's amazing how rigid this thing is.

Like I was once told..."take care of the ounces, and the pounds take care of themselves." The steering column will be a drastic change.

Krusty brake pedal 5.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back