Krusty is making progress....

-
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, got most of the parts for my dash cluster project. Using a junk cluster face for mock-up, then I'll move everything into a mint piece. GPS speedo, volt gauge, 2 red LED/warning lights, and 4 blue LEDs for my in-dash shift-light. I'm looking for proper switches, and await delivery on 2 tiny green LEDs for the turn signals. It'll be woodgrain and chrome, as I'm trying to stay as low-key as possible, while being functional...

Krusty dash cluster 2.jpg

Krusty dash cluster 3.jpg

Krusty dash cluster.jpg

Hey Mike, Any chance of a couple more pics of the SBM Glidden ProStock stuff ? Do you have any plans for the motor to run again ?

It wouldn't take anything much to make it run [a few gaskets and a quick look-over]. It's new, and even had the pushrods out. The springs have been closed since being built. It's in storage, and would take a bunch of time to move stuff to get it out. It's spotless inside, still has the grease on the intermediate shaft, and just oily. I can't imagine the hours involved in the building of it. I'd pretty much forgotten about it.

How were you able to acquire that motor ? That would have to be the only or one of the only motors out there today !

There were a couple spares. I know the "Wire-Car" has one...or most of one.

It wouldn't take anything much to make it run [a few gaskets and a quick look-over]. It's new, and even had the pushrods out. The springs have been closed since being built. It's in storage, and would take a bunch of time to move stuff to get it out. It's spotless inside, still has the grease on the intermediate shaft, and just oily. I can't imagine the hours involved in the building of it. I'd pretty much forgotten about it.
I think I might have to have that on display right in the middle of my living room!

So the rear was hung under Krusty today. Al notified me yesterday, that the person who installed the spring boxes into the rails...put the left one in crooked. Both were cut out, and the extra parts from the mini-tub kit are slowly being used up.

Krusty Dana under car.jpg

The S/S oilpan out of my 74 `cuda, is also presenting clearance problems[idler arm and right front corner]. I have to decide to really alter the pan, or buy a new/lesser unit.

Krusty oilpan idler bump.jpg

Krusty oilpan idler arm.jpg

Krusty oilpan corner.jpg

I can get rid of that idler for you, and a few other items. BTW, any idea how many holes you would have to drill to save 35lbs? (Psssst, HDK rack / pinion / coil over conversion saves that....off the nose!) ...............and the best part, I know a guy.

Not a chance. I race in classes that require stock front-end. Not getting into other topics/things. Etiquette and all.......

Last edited:
Got the aluminum plate done for the dash a couple days ago. It's at the coater's, now. Krusty is about done in the chassis shop, and will be rolled into their paint-shop for some detail work. Me and a friend are going up tomorrow, to paint the Dana and swap some parts with/for coating. This is progressing nicely...

Krusty dash plate drawn out.jpg

Krusty dash plate.jpg

Krusty dash plate front.jpg

Krusty dash gauges.jpg

Black toggle-switches will be in the headlight hole, and in the wiper hole/horizontally for turn signals. Tiny green LEDs are going in the main cluster area for turn-signals.

Last edited:
Nostalgia and other forms of S/S type racing. Also gonna see some street time.

Went up to AW Racecars today. Krusty is ready for their paintshop, for some detailing. I painted the Dana today. A couple more steps left to finish the basic build....

Krusty interior thru windshield.jpg

Krusty interior tub.jpg

Krusty interior tunnel shifter.jpg

Krusty trunk caulked.jpg

Krusty engine bay 3-2-23.jpg

Krusty boxes-sliders-minitubs.jpg

Krusty spring box.jpg

Krusty slider tow-hook rt.jpg

Krusty ry-rear 3-2-23.jpg

Krusty front 3-2-23.jpg

Last edited:
Yes, 5/8" studs. I have a set of Bogart rims from my other car. Those and some old slots. Figure I can set up track and street wheels/tires.

We know the topside will be "Crusty"....but I imagine the weathered underside be blasted and painted?...perhaps semi-gloss or flat black? (Some of us know you too well)

i LOVE that you added the forward bars without removing the inner walls.. Those add so much structure and people remove them like they are nothing... and also looks like *** when they do that

Nice wheel tub job, I did mine the same way. Your rear light panel looks great, many are rusted around the tailights as the gasket held the water especially in 72. I have a mint NOS 71 tail panel if you need it Mike. Great job, carry on !

Just read back.. you are making a ton of progress.... i cant' bring myself to head into the garage when it's cold out.. did like 3 hours of work this week total :( really hate michigan..

We know the topside will be "Crusty"....but I imagine the weathered underside be blasted and painted?...perhaps semi-gloss or flat black? (Some of us know you too well)
It won't be blasted. Gotta leave most of the Krust. Engine-bay and trunk will be painted.

Last edited:
More parts for the holesaw and powdercoater....

I added 3, 1/2" holes after the pics.

Krusty column parts 3.jpg

Krusty column parts 2.jpg

Krusty column holes start.jpg

Krusty column holes 4.jpg

Krusty column holes 2.jpg

Last edited:
Just read back.. you are making a ton of progress.... i cant' bring myself to head into the garage when it's cold out.. did like 3 hours of work this week total :( really hate michigan..
Years ago, I decided my shop would be year-round. It's insulated well, heated, carpet, and A/C to keep the humidity down in summer. It's nice to work on the carpeted floor. Just gotta refrain from carelessly dumping fluids while working. The separated back half, is just kept at 45 degrees during the winter. Being able to work year-round in relative comfort, makes it easier to get work done...and that justifies the cost. I get so much more work done.....when I'm healthy enough.

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back