Krusty is making progress....

-
Status
Not open for further replies.
Probably not much, maybe a few ounces. However, I could feel the difference. I'm not weighing anything [too cheap to buy a scale that I won't use much]. I think I'll make 3 slots out of the 6 holes, though. I'm only making air, where there's no bends or curves. It's amazing how rigid this thing is.

Like I was once told..."take care of the ounces, and the pounds take care of themselves." The steering column will be a drastic change.

View attachment 1716048419
I definitely like the idea of slotting the holes together, and agree with the “ounce at a time” approach! I’m in the throes of my build as well, steering column is indeed a good source of weight savings!
1676206137652.jpeg

Intrigued.....show me more. Have a thread on it?
No thread, bad at updating…I think it’s in line with yours-70 duster (lots ‘o fiberglass parts now), 8.50 cage, 420 small block. It’s with the body guy right now who’s doing the mini tubs (all this after throwing a rod last year that slicked up the tires and ended up kissing the wall). And I’m still waiting for the pistons from Ross. Hoping to go faster than the 11.5Xs I was running…gonna see if I did the homework right when it comes time for the test [‘n tune]. I like following your diet plan updates; mine was 2,830 before with driver, hoping to be 2,700 when I put Humpty back together again?

08D38818-DAC4-4350-B267-BCA58D10ACF3.jpeg

7DDD5282-7C85-451E-BAAB-EE4FBF7A01B0.jpeg

Cool. I'd like to do glass parts, but would lose the whole "krusty" thing...

:thumbsup:

So, I decided to make a radio delete for Krusty. A couple hours of picking parts/materials...and lots of patience with a razor-knife, and I'm off!!
I got a good start. I love fabbing things! Obviously, a heater delete is in order, next.

Krusty radio delete.jpg

Krusty radio delete plate material.jpg

Krusty radio delete 2.jpg

Krusty radio delete cut.jpg

Last edited:
Got the delete plate cut, fit, and tacked into place....
After refinishing, it'll look factory.

Krusty radio delete door.jpg

Krusty radio delete door 2.jpg

Krusty radio delete fit.jpg

Krusty radio delete tacked in.jpg

Last edited:
Well... my new, loaded, Strange Eng. Dana-60 arrived at the shop today...
That and a replacement hood, without the huge hole.
Krusty hood 2-14-23.jpg

Krusty STRANGE Dana 60.jpg

Last edited:
At home, I slotted the brake pedal, worked on the radio delete, and assembled the lightened/coated brake pedal box...

Krusty brake pedal slots 2.jpg

Krusty brake pedal slots.jpg

Krusty Brake box finished 2.jpg

Krusty brake pedal box finished.jpg

Finished gluing and threw some black paint on the delete. Now for the heater controls plate.... Everything will be re-wood grained and chrome paint.

Krusty delete plate black paint.jpg

Last edited:
Hey Mike, Is your friend Scott Brown still doing engine work and is he taking any work at this time ? I have a couple projects I would like him to look at. I know you gave me his number some time ago but I've misplaced it, can I have it ? Thank You, Frank@ Ed's Welding

Went to Ohio today, to pick up a good hood and a patina'd rear bumper. Russ is a great guy, and gave us the 10-cent tour. Nice cars!!

Last edited:
Hey Mike, Did you say you had some of Glidden's 340 stuff from one of his engines he ran in the Arrow ? That stuff has to be the most scarce stuff or it all got used up by him. He was very succesful with that Arrow especially for a one time deal ! Bob was one of the greatest mechanics and drivers for sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back