Krusty is making progress....

-
Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't worry. There's plenty of crust left on Krusty.
Krusty AW.jpg

Took the rims to the shop today, and did my first set of bead-locks. Definitely a stepped process, and takes a little time. I had help from Austin [owner's son], as they race high-end dirt cars. It wasn't the same as their stuff, and I made them go to the instructions that came with the wheels. The guy who made/did the bead-locks, was VERY insisting about following the instructions....and now I understand why. I think they look great.
Now, once one of the COPO Camaros goes to paint, Krusty is in that spot for assembly. I stopped at QC Coatings, to drop-off the battery tray. Man, not much left for me, till it comes home...except write the checks. Then, lots of tedious stuff.

Might be awhile before more real updates....or not. Depends if they send me any pictures of progress. It's 2 hours each way, and 60 bucks worth of fuel to go take pics. Um...no.

Krusty beadlock mount 5.jpg

Krusty beadlock mount 6.jpg

Krusty beadlock mount 8.jpg

Krusty beadlock mount 3.jpg

Krusty beadlock mount.jpg

Last edited:
Well, the guys are starting to assemble the roller. This is the stuff I would normally be doing. GRRRR
Two hours away, makes it more difficult...and they don't work around my schedule. I'm getting excited about getting it home.
Block, plate, Turbo-400, front suspension, Caltracs, and Dana are installed.

Krusty block-plate-trans-kframe.jpg

Krusty dana and caltracs.jpg

Krusty frontend installed.jpg

Two more shots from the shop. WHEELS ON!! YEA!!! Need 26" fronts. The 28's from the b-body are a bit too tall. The rear will come down a bit, and the front will be adjusted after the weight is in...

Krusty tire lft rr.jpg

Krusty tires on lft.jpg

Last edited:
QA1
Dynamic Strut Bars for 1964-76 A-Body
SKU: 52311

I have them on my E-body, also...

006.JPG

QA1
Dynamic Strut Bars for 1964-76 A-Body
SKU: 52311
Ahh QA1.. thanks, i prolly could have read back and found that eh? :)

I was never a duster fan but they have really been growing on me.. I seem to only like em when setup for racing, some of the old prostock ones are just beasts..

I had quite a few a-bodies, and Dusters did really represent the apex of real-car, mopar pro-stock. They look great, with the big tires.

pro-stock Grotheer banana Duster.jpg

Prostock Leal on scales.jpg

prostock Reid.jpg

prostock yowell.jpg

prostock leal.jpg

Beringhaus Duster.jpg

1972 Mopar Missile.jpg

Last edited:
medium tires work too as long as the proportions are good. of course , beauty is in the eye of the beholder.................

dsc_0085.jpg

dsc_6802.jpg

I have had like 40 b&e bodies over the years but i can only remember 2 A-bodies.. kind of wish i had gotten one this time, but i like early b-body styling too much..

medium tires work too as long as the proportions are good. of course , beauty is in the eye of the beholder.................
Correct. I'm diggin' the new found liberation, of not worrying about some asshole denting my acid-dipped car [I hate that car]. Krusty will be "fun"....and get tons of attention.

Krusty rt rear wheels.jpg

Krusty rt frt wheel.jpg

Last edited:
Correct. I'm diggin' the new found liberation, of not worrying about some asshole denting my acid-dipped car [I hate that car]. Krusty will be "fun"....and get tons of attention.
That's what i'm doing also.. my car has mostly original paint other than the patches i have done.. i'm gonna just match paint the new fenders and patches make it a 20ft'r and never worry bout a ding :)

View attachment 1716070792

Some idiot denting your acid dipped hot rod would tend to get your nose open. Welcome to the dime-a-don A body club. Crusty is looking good and gonna be a blast.

More pics of the rear tires [pics are killing what they really look like], steering shaft, and shifter. Gotta go up next week to get more stuff situated, and grab stuff for coatings. Very soon, it'll have pro-stock type carpeting glued in and a hard headliner installed.

Krusty rear view tires.jpg

Krusty rear tire in well-clearance.jpg

Krusty shifter.jpg

Krusty steering shaft.jpg

Last edited:
Thank you. The inside portion of the column is pretty trick, also.
Very thin carpet that you press into the contours of where ever you're gluing it down to. Weighs nothing, but gives the appearance of being more finished/stockish. Should use a floormat on the driver's side. My S/S `cuda had it.

Lots of my photos are too large to load on this site.

Last edited:
you still looking for a little bit nicer rear bumper?....

Thanks Denny, but I got one awhile back. Turned up, when I bought another hood.
Krusty looks great Mike, but what's with the "Left Coast" plate ? LOL
It's a Kally car. Plates stay with the cars....

Krusty replacement bumper.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks Denny, but I got one awhile back. Turned up, when I bought another hood.

It's a Kally car. Plates stay with the cars....

I thought you had ....but apparently we have only seen the "original" (pictured above), which is way beyond crusty.

I thought you had ....but apparently we have only seen the "original" (pictured above), which is way beyond crusty.
Yes, yes it is....:eek:

Looks like a "Bumper Boyz" replate....

Replacement. We'll work the one dent, then clean it up...

Krusty replacement bumper.jpg

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back