LCA IS THIS NORMAL

-

74 360 dart sport

Reaction score
Hi I hope @Jim Lusk sees my pictures I am rebuilding my LCAS In the 1 picture I have the level so you can see the unevenness and in the other other I have the level down towards the bumper plate I am wondering if the 1 side is bigger in diameter or is this thing bad thanks Tom

20220625_120831.jpg

20220625_120841.jpg

20220625_120901.jpg

Last edited:
Hi I hope Jim Lusk sees my pictures I am rebuilding my LCAS In the 1 picture I have the level so you can see the unevenness and in the other other I have the level down towards the bumper plate I am wondering if the 1 side is bigger in diameter or is this thing bad thanks Tom

View attachment 1715946885

View attachment 1715946886

View attachment 1715946887
If you want a particular member for any reason, here's how you tag them. @Jim Lusk
Doing that sends them a message so they know to look on this thread.

That control arm is bent. In some cases, you can bend them back in a press but since these are not that hard to find, I'd look to use a different one.

Well, i'm not Jim Lusk, who i do know, but another Jim, Jim Valuckas.
I personally have never seen a side of an LCA, with that big of a larger diameter than the other side.
But that side is most likely a bit bigger.
I wouldn't worry about it at all.
I think it's just the way that one was stamped out, back in the day, at whatever manufacturing factory did the work.

I currently have a pair of LCA's for sale in the for sale section on this forum.
Look at them for picture reference.

The diameter is not the same on both sides. You can just measure it, which will tell you it can’t be “level” all the way around. The halves of the LCA are not mirror images of each other. That LCA is spread apart pretty far, but it can be sorted out if you box it.

When I do stock LCA’s I add the boxing plates to the bottom of the LCA but I also add a strap to keep the end from spreading apart like that.

You can see, especially in the bottom picture, that the strap isn’t “level”.

EEF556D4-50AE-4546-A8AC-977A095D7401.jpeg

8BB52D15-7D19-4AA9-9008-66A2C006DEC6.jpeg

Well, i'm not Jim Lusk, who i do know, but another Jim, Jim Valuckas.
I personally have never seen a side of an LCA, with that big of a larger diameter than the other side.
But that side is most likely a bit bigger.
I wouldn't worry about it at all.
I think it's just the way that one was stamped out, back in the day, at whatever manufacturing factory did the work.

I currently have a pair of LCA's for sale in the for sale section on this forum.
Look at them for picture reference.
Those look just like mine the set you have for sale

Look at the from top view.

The one of the left is bent at the lower ball joint cast iron forging area

4651705-pict1048-jpg.jpg

You've got some pretty good answers already. Best is to replace the arm. The sway bar tab can be cut off and moved to another arm.

-
Back