Let’s see some junk out of the box parts

-
5A596604-F772-490B-8F8B-442A4E3335BB.png
Looks like I’ll be ordering the Bosch ones. $17.61 more. I’ve spent $40 on dumber $hit

Bosch QuietCast Brake Rotor

• 3 Year Limited Warranty
Bosch QuietCast is a premium disc brake rotor

• Precision balanced to insure smooth operation with no pedal pulsation
  • OEM style vane configuration provides more efficient heat dissipation, reduces vibration that can cause noise, and extends rotor life
  • G3000 heat-flowed castings provide consistent wear, long life, and quiet operation
  • Bi-metal aluminum and zinc clean-look coating/Alutherm 80 extends the life of the rotor and provides a clean look for today's open wheels
  • OEM style ABS tone ring (on required applications) provides trouble free operation of Antilock Brake and Traction Control systems
bos6.gif

Bosch QuietCast Brake Rotors are recognized by professional installers as OEM and can be assured Bosch QuietCast Premium Brake Rotors provide the highest quality to the aftermarket, from the company with over 70 years of OE braking expertise. Bosch castings provide strength and durability not found in competitive products. Bosch QuietCast Brake Rotors provide consistent, safe, and long lasting performance. ClearLook coating protection prevents rust and corrosion, adding to a clean look on today's vehicles with open-wheel designs. Factory engraved edge code and minimum thickness specifications allow proper identification and easy discard reference to simplify installation. 100% mill balanced for smooth operation. OEM-Style vane configuration reduces operating heat to optimize performance, reducing vibration that can cause noise.
Having established a regional presence in 1906 in North America, the Bosch Group employs nearly 32,800 associates in more than 100 locations, as of December 31, 2016. In 2016 Bosch generated consolidated sales of $13.7 billion in the U.S., Canada and Mexico. For more information, visit www.boschusa.com, www.bosch.com.mx and www.bosch.ca.

The Bosch Group is a leading global supplier of technology and services. The company employs roughly 390,000 associates worldwide (as of December 31, 2016) and generated sales of 73.1 billion euros ($80.9 billion) in 2016. Its operations are divided into four business sectors: Mobility Solutions, Industrial Technology, Consumer Goods, and Energy and Building Technology. As a leading IoT company, Bosch offers innovative solutions for smart homes, smart cities, connected mobility, and connected industry. It uses its expertise in sensor technology, software, and services, as well as its own IoT cloud, to offer its customers connected, cross-domain solutions from a single source. The Bosch Group's strategic objective is to create solutions for a connected life, and to improve quality of life worldwide with products and services that are innovative and spark enthusiasm. In short, Bosch creates technology that is "Invented for life" The Bosch Group comprises Robert Bosch GmbH and its roughly 440 subsidiaries and regional companies in some 60 countries. Including sales and service partners, Bosch's global manufacturing, engineering, and sales network covers nearly every country in the world. The basis for the company's future growth is its innovative strength. At 120 locations across the globe, Bosch employs 59,000 associates in research and development.

It ain't O'Reilly's fault. It's the American "gotta have it now and cheap as hell" thinkin's fault.

Everything comes from China.

It's this, 100%.

So, there's a Mopar Action with a picture of an 8 3/4 drum that was mine. Has a ramp around the register hole that would either bust the drum or **** up your rim when the rim went on. That was an Autozone Chinesium drum.

Company I work for imports the China garbage, but we actually go through every single piece to make sure it's right. So, it's paying my bills too....

And I have photos of them welding up Stainless Steel frames while peeking through their fingers because they don't have welding hoods.

Or the 'stainless' parts we got that were regular cast iron painted silver.

News: Tariffs cause China to re invent their forging process and increase poultry production at same time. Steel now is made from Chinese chicken chit. Cast paint gives it that " good ole parts " look too. Durable and well made chicken chit. O r plain chit!???????????/

It's all the fault of the rich scum who took control of our country & government, sold off our industry for their own personal gain, and bought off all our corrupt politicians.

Buy American. Maybe some day the EPA will allow us to build another steel mill somewhere, along with another refinery, another power plant, another HydroElectric dam, another desalinization plant (oops, there is one going up in HB, CA)..the list goes on. I cant believe Edelbrock still has a working casting factory in of all places Commifornia!

It's all the fault of the rich scum who took control of our country & government, sold off our industry for their own personal gain, and bought off all our corrupt politicians.

Now we have them running our country... It amazes me that people are ok with the number of profiteering wealthy elites in key positions of our government and think they are watching out for the common guy !

Now we have them running our country... It amazes me that people are ok with the number of profiteering wealthy elites in key positions of our government and think they are watching out for the common guy !
Even though we live in a free country are we really free ?

To hell with wallyworld haven't stepped foot inside one of their stores to 10 years
Used to work in a toy store, we sold little tykes stuff, a division of Rubbermaid
Wal Mart used to carry Rubbermaid, they accounted for almost 40% of Rubbermaid sales
Wal Mart told Rubbermaid they needed to produce their product cheaper, Rubbermaid said the only way to make them any cheaper was to move the factory to China, to which Wal Mart replied, well then move to China
Long story short Rubbermaid refused, Wal Mart dropped their product, Rubbermaid almost went under, and now Wal Mart carries a cheap grey storage box made by sterilite that breaks after 2 months

But hey ...... Its cheaper..... Right?

Another example, I'm a house painter, I'm very hard on shoes,between ladders and walking roofs they don't last long, I pay $60 for chuck Taylor's( they're made in Indonesia) they last me about 6 months, my co worker buys $12 Wal Mart shoes, they last a month if he's lucky,
Now price wise it amounts to about the same, 6 pairs of $12 shoes vs 1 pair of $60 shoes, but when you take into account time is money, and 6 trips to wallyworld to get shoes, plus the fact it makes me ill to walk into Wal mart, I'll stick to my chuck Taylor's
But you can't blame China, if a bunch of obese, inbreds with more teeth than IQ points want to buy cheap crap just because it's cheap, and don't care how long it lasts or how many Americans they're putting out of work...... What's China supposed to do?

I pretty much refuse to shop at Walmart. I prefer to spend money locally or buy somewhere I know they compensate their employees fairly.

China has never been our friends, maybe back in the 40s when the japs were slaughtering them. Our nation has been fighting communism only to do a 180 and start dealing with them and become dependent on them? :wtf: I`ll never understand this. I then though well, maybe the powers that be are smarter than I give them credit for. We could help pull them up from 3rd world poverty and they would enjoy capitalistic way of life and shun communism and demand democracy and fight for it? Well that seems like that has never happened.

I`ve talked to vets from Korean and Vietnam wars how they felt about this, they just shrugged their shoulders.
These wars has had no effect on our family ancestry, but I`ll hold the grudge for the fallen.
rant off.

War fuels the economy, makes the wealthy more so. Wars run cycles, they pop up every so often. We are told to fight for our freedom, but are we? Old man Walton took pride in selling US, but after his death, it all changed to sell cheap and sell Chinese.
Here in the sticks, there is Wally World and 1 grocery. Wally had Power aide on sale for .$69 reg, price $ .80,, the "other" grocery had same stuff, same size, ON SALE!!!!!! for $1.29 !!!!!!!!! Hahahahaha, I am not supporter of Wally but SS goes just so far! Wally will srew yo on many items, you just have to be aware also.

I watched an interesting show the other day that explained the US manufacturing will never return to the golden age of the 50s

Before WW2 it was cheaper to manufacture in the US than to import from another country, after WW2 most factories in Europe and Japan were in ruins, with the US factories ramped up for the war effort and a newly returning work force, during the 50s almost 50% of the worlds goods were made in the USA

By the 60s factories in Europe and Japan had been rebuilt and it was cheaper to manufacture in Europe and sell in Europe

After Nixon went to China in the 70s and they quit their policy of isolationism and entered the world economy, and having a huge workforce that worked cheap it became cheaper to import from China than to manufacture locally

Unfortunately CEOs are all about the bottom line and profits for their shareholders, although few would admit it, I'm sure given the choice of selling a good quality product made in the USA and making $2 billion, or selling a crappy Chinese import and making $6 billion, almost all would choose the latter

Last edited:
China’s fault
Never said it was China's fault BUT... they do have a different culture and it seems like they do not care about quality.

I do agree that everyone who buys cheaply manufactured products from wherever they are made share in this responsibility. I would love to see american manufactures come back and make things but how can any manufacturer compete with the cost of labor, Unions (please no flaming about that, I'm not anti union and I know what they have done for the american worker, but unions do share some of the reason american made products are more costly) government regulations, crony capitalism, etc.

Unions help us earn a fair wage. A wage that will help a family thrive. What we are seeing now is what happens without Unions. Big corporations run wild, and they only care about making profit. So they seek out the cheapest manufactures over seas, and pay us nothing here in the States. It's win, win for them. Pay us nothing and pay them nothing. Unions inspect financial records and make fat cat companies pay a portion of the profit to the real workers not just to rich investors and stock holders. They would have went to China not matter what because they could pay them 25 cents per hour.

AS been mentioned right here on FABO, jst try finding an American made oil filter!? Just read the boxes and choose : China, Mexico, Berut????

AS been mentioned right here on FABO, jst try finding an American made oil filter!? Just read the boxes and choose : China, Mexico, Berut????
I am not sure now but 5 years ago there was only one place left in America that made taper wheel bearings that we use in big trucks.

The Chinese can build some good stuff.

Just look at there wall......

Theirs you can see from space, ours cant even be seen at the border.....

:)

The Chinese can build some good stuff.

Just look at there wall......

Theirs you can see from space, ours cant even be seen at the border.....

:)
And narry a Mexican in all of china...so it works too

-
Back