Let's help waggin get a new computer

-
I just talked to waggin :happy10: He is doing fine 8) But has the crud because of allergies
He lost 1.400 lb's at home and his computer he was using has went out the door with all the other baggage
He said he will be back soon and use another computer of a friend.
waggin thinks he has one, but not sure because it's old and it's been awhile sense he used it, or if it's still there
But it is an old one. He is in good spirits and was happy to hear from me
and did not know about what was going down here 8), I told him that his friends was here looking to help him out and to let us jump in when he need's it.

I told him Quote= Don't denie his friends here a chance to jump in and help...
But he said it's nothing he has been though before #-o sorta, been there dun that and not to worry
There is a giant in that little frame of a man :happy10::angel5:

#-oYou guy's are too much.....I'm clueless as to what I have or how it works. I'll figure it out and see what I can come up with first.Tears of Joy for being done with the most deadliest catch and gittin out of it wasnt as easy as settin sail back to dutch Harbor..... I'm at a loss for words so tears of joy I guess for having the worlds greatest friends a man could ask for...You guys rock!!!!

I'm in for a donation.Let's get this thing going.Good move homecloned.I say we get him a new one.8)

Count me in for a donation Noel.

I'm leaving on the Hot Rod Power Tour on Friday morning
and won't be back in town till the middle of June.

I will PM you

Tony

Count me in, we should just buy him a computer from NewEgg and have it delivered to his house, so he can not refuse......

I'm in for a donation.Let's get this thing going.Good move homecloned.I say we get him a new one.8)
My thought's exactly :rock: Thank you DRENO :happy10:

Mike, What components does he have now? Is any of it any good? I bought a damn good used tower for my shop with XP Pro on it for $275 delivered to my shop and hooked up. I can get another and get it in the mail this weekend from the same guy or i can help fund someone elses find. Who's got the ball? Talk to us Wags. Tell us what you need to get you up and running.
Small Block

Good morning everyone. Glad to hear you talked to Curtis, Mike. Is he a go for any donations yet? I will stay tuned close by.

Any members that live in the Floral City area of Florida (34436)? Need someone to handle the purchase and delivery. You will need no funds, just some time for a joint effort. PM me with details and your location and we'll get this ball rolling in the right direction.
Small Block

Im strapped right now guys, being a 40 something student sucks!! But i would be more than happy to do what I can for an auction!

Waggin is a great guy. I'm in. toolman (A guy has to have a computer)

After talking with Waggin last night here is his situation:
His old computer is crapola.
He needs a new one.
He is wanting a laptop so he can take it with him when he goes on the road.

Now.... Dell has a very nice one for $499.00 plus shipping and warrenty upgrade.
So I am gonna guess that will end up being around $600.00 or so.
Also he can pick up pretty much the same Dell laptop at a local Wal-Mart for around the same price.

So,
That is where this is at for now.
Homecloned.... How do we want to proceed from here?
Let us know please.

Later,
Bruce B.

someone please get this ball rollin.....he is one hell of a guy
I,m with you Bob,I,ve been in the same position as Waggs is now.A new PC and a new start will help him overcome this bump in the road in life.Please let us help ya Waggs(Curtis)as you,ve helped many here 10X over.Stay cool 8) my friend!

I barely have enough money to cover my bills, but I can offer my tech skills and knowledge. (I fix and sell computers for a living)

If theres an old computer that needs to be fixed, or if you want advice on what new one to get and/or what would be a good deal, let me know.

Waggs is being stubborn on this as I thought he would. Curtis if you see this, LET US HELP.....please.

You deserve it man.8)

Waggs is being stubborn on this as I thought he would. Curtis if you see this, LET US HELP.....please.

You deserve it man.8)
Yep X2 Noel, stubborn and a proud man.
It's hard to receive yet easy to give is what I have learned here at this site.
It sure would make my day to see a complete computer setting in front of him from his friends here that he has jumped in and helped out many time's.
and let us do something for him for a change.
He has allot on his plate right know and I hope he is staying busy and move forward. Keep us updated Wag's, and keep us in your thought's and let things roll off your shoulders 8)

I know it's easier said then dun

i like the idea of buying a laptop online and delivering it to his house.He won't turn that down,he better not. Scott(pettyblu),talk some sense into him if you see him on chat.I think everyone agrees he's more than deserving and it's not a lot of money.I don't know him very well but I do know what I read and that works for me.Yes,we do need someone to grab the ball and run with it.8)

Let me know, I don't know him personally but he seems to be of great help to a good many people on here.

Look, it's obvious he's a proud man & doesn't want to ask for help. That being said if UPS delivers a package to his door & he doesn't know what's in it, he"ll sign for it, open the package and there it is.

:cheers:Let's just get on with this act of kindness.:cheers:

I think we have the green light guys. I am waiting to hear back from memike, or he may go ahead and update with the info needed.

Thanks.

-
Back