Let's see your Dodge pickups

-
gotta low millage 460/C6 for your pinto project ill trade ya for the heavy chevy!!

That belongs to a friend of mine. It's no longer here. It's moved on to be finished up by the body guy. original 70 LS5 car. Numbers matching.

Ok
47CFC904-A8D6-4BEB-8638-2259DF10A756.jpeg

Not really a pickup, and not really mine, but for a couple years she basically was.
upload_2019-2-21_0-4-26.png

Thank You, there needs to be a love button here somewhere. Triple R's truck more than belongs here and owns all just because of the header side mirror mounts, much less the early Hemi! Care to give us all the gruesome details? The only thing I have decided for sure on my next truck build is to find an NP540 close ratio direct high 5 speed and a moderately geared GM 14 bolt. I have found an 85 D350 up for sale that I have worked on before when it was a welding rig, I think it will fit the bill nicely.

Really not much to it. I found the engine on CL advertised as a 354. Brought it home and discovered is was a heavy duty truck 331. The seller even insisted on refunding me 100 bucks, even though I told him please don't, because I was happy with the purchase.

I went through it top to bottom. Put the one year only 8.5:1 1955 pistons in it. We milled the heads only .025" which brought it up to 9.3:1. The reason is because how the chambers are made. It doesn't take much to make a BIG difference because you're removing from the ENTIRE half sphere of the chamber.

I had Oregon Cam Grinders grind a nasty small solid out of the original hydraulic. .453, 240 @ .050" ground on a 106. I wanted low lift, because the exhaust rockers are very long ans cannot take a lot of spring pressure. Me and Desktop Dyno figure about 350 or so HP and maybe a little more in torque. All that's not really important as it's going to look and sound ominous. Especially with home made zoomies. lol

That intake manifold is a pretty rare piece. Factory two one barrel intake with trans dapt one to two barrel adapters and two GM 2GC carburetors. The transmission behind it is a late 70s Dodge truck 4 speed over drive. The chassis is a 83 D150 with a Dana 70 dually rear and one ton front stuff. I have sorta neglected it, but it is fixin to come to the front when I get the Valiant tagged and start driving it.

My trusty Dakota winter beater plow truck, 189,000 miles. Love my Dak!

Dakota.jpg

Cummins camper/car trailer hauler. No winters ever, 108,000 Miles. Been to Alaska with 5th wheel camper. Love that turbo whine when I get into it!

Ram.jpg

Not a dodge but how about a Plymouth! This is my buddy's truck its a 39 Plymouth, its getting a 225 slant and a 3 speed manual, he's going to use it as a shop truck. He's added the headlight buckets and some other stuff since I took this picture.

IMG_20180710_190444.jpg

I have another buddy that has about 5 of them only his are Dodge's, the Plymouth has a different grille and trim but basically same as a dodge, the windshield cranks out on them for air! The Plymouth is a lot harder to find than the dodges.

This is another buddy's he's taking the box truck on the right and putting the 41 dodge cab over on the frame for a car hauler.

IMG_20171227_152325.jpg

Here's my wife's almost done '46 Dodge - back to the interior shop today - after they fix a few things, exhaust, alignment, then on the road!
IMG_7898.jpg

Yup sure is. Mexico and Canada have cool stuff we never got as well as Australia.
My aunt had a simple old Beaumont with a 454. I l slobbered over that car when I visited her in Saskatchewan. Lots of Mopars up there too.

-
Back