Lol at the price.

-
Status
Not open for further replies.
Gmc and Chevy used the straight six through 84. In 85 they got the 4.3 (262) V6 fueled by a computer controlled quadrajet 4 barrel. Went to tbi in 87

Sorry Chuckie but GMC did have a V6 that started in the early 60s.

Attachments

• $(KGrHqJ,!jYF!7QbzP1rBQ,zgV5wUw~~60_1.JPG
    41.5 KB · Views: 357
Sorry Chuckie but GMC did have a V6 that started in the early 60s.

And the displacement was 350c.i.!! Check out the pic...no spark plugs!! Thats because they went in through the top of the head!! Crazy motor, but had some power. We had one in my Grandpa's old motor home!!

Maybe I can get my brother to chime in with a picture of the camper in action when my Grandpa raced it against the Accel van in the "Big Bus Eliminator" at the Summernationals back in '76!! We still have the $1.00 in prize money that Grandpa won!! Good times!! Geof

might as well turn this into a chevy thread :happy1:

Attachments

• 381.jpg
    88.3 KB · Views: 394
  • aflac-duck.jpg
    31.4 KB · Views: 379
  • cbs60.jpg
    130.7 KB · Views: 361
  • Corvette.jpg
    42.7 KB · Views: 351
  • cot4.jpg
    33.5 KB · Views: 384
Factory 455 Fiero, rare option in '84, could be ordered under COPO 9999. Might be willing to sell it for the right price.

You guys are all just jealous that he has such a rare, fine specimen of an automobile

those new meds MUST be working well.....

Hate to start out from A, headed to R and only get to about G before it gave out!! I'd be pissed!! I'm out!! Geof

Gmc and Chevy used the straight six through 84. In 85 they got the 4.3 (262) V6 fueled by a computer controlled quadrajet 4 barrel. Went to tbi in 87

Well I have sad sad news for ya. Whut'dja call THIS

These were made in both gas and diesel, 305 and larger CID, and used in GMC light pickups and small trucks

attachment.php

And, GMC made some V12's that were basically 2 of 'em hooked together, with 4 cylinder heads:

GMC-V12-1960_GMC_V12_702cid.jpg

And long before 85, Bleack/ Olds had the 198, later 225 V6, used in the early "mid" cars starting in 62, and later in Jeeps. Even though the 198/225 was an all iron engine, it was a design extension of the Bleiack / Olds 215 aluminum V8

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Buick_V6_engine

Buick-Fireball-V6.jpg

And of course let's not forget the Ponch slant 4, half a V8, first used in the first Tempests, basically a 389 sawed in half

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pontiac_Tempest

One that's "probably not stock," LOL

MickeyThompsonRail2.jpg

And long before 85, Bleack/ Olds had the 198, later 225 V6, used in the early "mid" cars starting in 62, and later in Jeeps. Even though the 198/225 was an all iron engine, it was a design extension of the Bleiack / Olds 215 aluminum V8

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Buick_V6_engine

One of my highschool friends had a '64 Skylark with the V6, very nice low mileage original car. I remember being somewhat impressed with how quick and responsive it was.

That motor will weigh about as much as a 454.

I believe these started out as a diesel and were re--designed as a gas, the opposite of the ill--fated Olds based 350 diesel. Friend of mine had a 1 1/2T? flatbed. They have the injectors up in the intake in same spot as plugs in the gas engine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back