Looking for a new used truck.

-
A quick comment on the 3.6, since I have one in my daily driver Grand Cherokee. It makes a surprising amount of power, but only when it's at high rpm. Down low it's pretty gutless. All in all it's okay in an SUV, but I think it would be downright miserable in a heavy full size truck.

I looked at a couple of the the extend cab I can't do because the back seat sucks I have three kids that ain't gonna work. I really like the 4 door trx but it's still a mid sized truck the towing and hauling capacity Is half as much for the same price and same fuel mileage. I really like the fact that you can get it in a manual transmission.

At least I don't haul kids around, just the grand kids, I got the extended cab with the jump seats, at least they would have a seat if I did take them some where.
I just bought it to haul my mopar parts that I buy from neighboring states, and to daily drive for the fuel mileage, its a 4cyl so its slow.
I can't bring myself to even call it a truck, its more like a car, with a bed on the back to put stuff in.

I still have my 2017 Ram 3500, it has the 6.4 hemi, plenty of power, a real truck.
But the fuel economy, 10 mpg is horrible.
I will use it when in need to pull, or haul something heavy.
Daily driver it is not.

A quick comment on the 3.6, since I have one in my daily driver Grand Cherokee. It makes a surprising amount of power, but only when it's at high rpm. Down low it's pretty gutless. All in all it's okay in an SUV, but I think it would be downright miserable in a heavy full size truck.
I wonder what the real world fuel mileage difference between the 3.6 and 5.7 is in the 1500? The listed number isn't much different. The price is a little more for the hemi but to me its worth it. If I want to tow something I can and don't have to worry about it.

Well depending on some financial factors I think I found a winner I really like this truck it has all the features that I want and even some bonus ones that are really neat. It's a 2011 with only 53k miles for 24k it's a little more than I wanted to spend but the low mileage makes it seem worth it to me. For the miles it is seems to be in the right price range I may be able to haggle them down some.

Screenshot_20190228-133516_Samsung Internet.jpg

Screenshot_20190228-133542_Samsung Internet.jpg

Screenshot_20190228-133534_Samsung Internet.jpg

Screenshot_20190228-133530_Samsung Internet.jpg

Screenshot_20190228-133522_Samsung Internet.jpg

Screenshot_20190228-133558_Samsung Internet.jpg

Screenshot_20190228-133552_Samsung Internet.jpg

Screenshot_20190228-133548_Samsung Internet.jpg

Nice truck. They are big investments I would find out how much an extended warranty will be on that. Especially since you said you are going to finance for 6 years. Lots of bells and whistles on that truck.

Nice truck. They are big investments I would find out how much an extended warranty will be on that. Especially since you said you are going to finance for 6 years. Lots of bells and whistles on that truck.
That funny that you say that because that Is the main reason I chose that one. It had a 10 year 100k mile warranty.

Screenshot_20190228-151528_Samsung Internet.jpg

Does anyone here know anything about the v6 ecodiesel? Are they junk?

Welcome to Va. Iv never bought a vehicle from a dealer and not had to pay that.
Very simple way to handle it is tell him to knock another thousand off this price of the vehicle if you're going to hit me with these unrealistic fees.
That is not a state fee that is a dealer or Car Lot fee that they try to get away with to have somebody pay to notarize the papers.

Does anyone here know anything about the v6 ecodiesel? Are they junk?

Yes run, there is a reason dealers were trying to basically give them away new.
When I was shopping for my ram, a totally loaded out one they had reduced down to 30k new. And it was a very pretty blue.

Welcome to Va. Iv never bought a vehicle from a dealer and not had to pay that.
Oh my good friends from grade school lives in Virginia and just bought a car throughall my one place that lets you test drive it for free for 7 days if you don't like it give it back. He actually seen it in another state and they brought it to his date for free. He brought it back 2 days later with a smoke order in it and they took care of it.

Oh my good friends from grade school lives in Virginia and just bought a car throughall my one place that lets you test drive it for free for 7 days if you don't like it give it back. He actually seen it in another state and they brought it to his date for free. He brought it back 2 days later with a smoke order in it and they took care of it.
What was the name of the dealer? Iv saw a few places like that. Found a truck in northern Virginia that is beautiful but it's to close to the coast for comfort for me.

What was the name of the dealer? Iv saw a few places like that. Found a truck in northern Virginia that is beautiful but it's to close to the coast for comfort for me.
Oh I just remembered it was the CarMax from the commercials...
I'm not sure I know what their catch is but I know my buddy is more of a computer person. He's the one who took that video of me banging through the four years. He drives cars that he orders online LOL he needs this kind of reassurance, he's not a mechanic whatsoever.

Oh I just remembered it was the CarMax from the commercials...
I'm not sure I know what their catch is but I know my buddy is more of a computer person. He's the one who took that video of me banging through the four years. He drives cars that he orders online LOL he needs this kind of reassurance, he's not a mechanic whatsoever.
Yea we have a carmax not far from here. I was thinking they they would ship them but wasn't sure. I just wonder if they ship them here and I not like it if I gotta pay for the shipping?

Very simple way to handle it is tell him to knock another thousand off this price of the vehicle if you're going to hit me with these unrealistic fees.
That is not a state fee that is a dealer or Car Lot fee that they try to get away with to have somebody pay to notarize the papers.
When I bought my 85 ram I was at the dealership test driving a brand new 02 hemi ram. Unfortunately because of my age they wouldn't finance me without a cosigner even tho I made really good money (for my age) well as I was leaving I saw the the 85 in the back where the trade in waiting for processing where parked. I walked back in and asked how much for the old dodge in the back. They said oh its not for sale it's going to auction. I said I have cash and am willing to buy it. They said it's not for sale. So I went home and waited a couple days still looking for a new truck. One day when I was leaving work I drove buy there again and it was setting on the lot. So I went in and said I want that truck. The salesman was a douche and was giving me the run around so I just asked for another one lol I still remember the guys name Frank. So me and Frank started talking about the deal and we agreed on a price. The price was 1500$ so we went in to do the paper work he came back and said well thank mr porter your total is $2269 I said um no the total is 1500. He said well there is tags title taxes and a $400 dollar processing fee. I'm assuming that was his cut? Idk
I said nope its 1500 or I walk. He said let me talk to my boss. He came back and said no I can't do that. I was like ok thanks and I walked. About three days later I got a call Frank and I got the truck for $1525 dollars Haha

Yea we have a carmax not far from here. I was thinking they they would ship them but wasn't sure. I just wonder if they ship them here and I not like it if I gotta pay for the shipping?
I wouldn't think so but that would be a question for them before you purchase. Again I think there's supposed to be absolutely no commitment until you've been happy with it for 7 days. Which appeals to me. But again I don't know if there is any kind of catch. All I've seen is the stupid commercials and one friend who's not a mechanic that's Happy

I wouldn't think so but that would be a question for them before you purchase. Again I think there's supposed to be absolutely no commitment until you've been happy with it for 7 days. Which appeals to me. But again I don't know if there is any kind of catch. All I've seen is the stupid commercials and one friend who's not a mechanic that's Happy
Here is the one I found on carfax it's a 2013 with 28k for 24k

Screenshot_20190228-222503_CARFAX.jpg

Screenshot_20190228-222455_CARFAX.jpg

Screenshot_20190228-222550_CARFAX.jpg

Screenshot_20190228-222540_CARFAX.jpg

I bought my 2012 Chrysler 300 C from Carmax 3 years ago and it was great. They brought the car in from Virginia to PA at no charge and I bought it the day it arrived after a test drive. They do store to store transfers for free within a certain distance. I found a few minor cosmetic issues in the first week and they fixed them all immediately for no charge.

I’m still driving the car and I am very happy with it.

2317E0A4-ECF5-4114-A941-929D7F70BEB9.jpeg

I bought my 2012 Chrysler 300 C from Carmax 3 years ago and it was great. They brought the car in from Virginia to PA at no charge and I bought it the day it arrived after a test drive. They do store to store transfers for free within a certain distance. I found a few minor cosmetic issues in the first week and they fixed them all immediately for no charge.

I’m still driving the car and I am very happy with it.

View attachment 1715296647
That is awesome thanks for that info. I will call and ask them about that truck. That truck is about 5 hours away maybe they will transfer it for me.

Oh crap I just noticed something !! Haha I'm an idiot. We are talking about carmax! I'm looking at carfax! Hahaha lmao. I feel like a moron now

-
Back