Looking for opinions

-

65Vart

Reaction score
Im looking for opinions. I am thinking of sending the 71 in for paint. I am staying with the EL5 Butterscotch. I have an original 1970 340 hood with OEM scoops. My question(s) is do i keep the two tone (either vinyl or painted, white or black), go all EL5, flat black hood and scoops, black stripe etc,etc, you get the idea. Let me hear it. The car is a originally a white vinyl roof car so I have all of the trim pieces. It is painted right now.WHAT WOULD YOU DO.

Attachments

• i19566.jpg
    78 KB · Views: 223
  • i19568.jpg
    72.6 KB · Views: 206
I love EL5! There are so many ways you could go with that car. Black or white top, black or white tail stripe, any combination would work. Personally, I'd love to see a blackout hood on it. I think EL5 needs some black to make it pop. Any combination would be a winner on that color. Oh, did I mention, I love EL5? :D

I'd go with a painted roof , in white .

The scoops with blackout hood treatment combo sounds good . Are you thinking in terms of a '71 Demon 340 type of blackout treatment , or something custom ?

By the way , what colour is the interior ? I can't tell from the photos whether it's white or tan .

Put the white vinyl top back on, it will look great. As far as the hood whether you use the scoops or not paint it body color like the factory did, I hate flat black hoods.

If you are going with a flat black hood and scoops you need to get rid of the white top. It would just not look good IMHO. I would keep it the way that the scheme it currently is. Looks good.

i myself would go with the vynil top either color would work as for the black out hood treatment i'd say yes and do the 71 demon style and a tail stripe too!
and remember its what pleases you

I would go with all butterscotch, roof and all, and use the rear '70 swinger stripe in black, and go with the 340 hood and scoops with the black stripes on the hood like the '71 Demon 340's had.
Keep the rallye wheels.
That's what i would do.
Whatever you do, don't paint the car red!

Go all EL5, scrap the vinyl top. Nuthin but rust traps anyway IMO-lol. I'd go w/ the black hood in a satin finish- not glossy, in the '71 Demon style sceme. I don't know about the tail stripe yet. I'd add that last if needed. Too much is just that, too much.
If you go with the blacked out hood you definetly have to lose the white roof!

I myself would have a hard time. From one point of view, when is the last time you seen a Butterscotch car, the color that it was done in from the factory? You don't see them on the road. I left my Duster that way.

Then again, ............................

For me, next blue or green duster I get, it'll be a color change.

I myself would have a hard time. From one point of view, when is the last time you seen a Butterscotch car, the color that it was done in from the factory? You don't see them on the road. I left my Duster that way.

Then again, ............................

For me, next blue or green duster I get, it'll be a color change.
i'm staying with the EL5 . this is the original paint on the car so I hope they can match it. I want to change the interior to black, Just wondering about the roof and hood, tail stripe maybe.

Hey Wally, if you go color change on the interior, thats a lot of work!! It would be nice to see it done the way it was from the factory, but vinyl is a rust maker, and the amt of $$ to install vinyl with trim etc....The black hood sounds great, but if ya do that you would have to go black on the roof as well. black, white and butterscotch wouldnt look right imo

I,d go back to the white vinyl top,scopps same color as car.Wally,you know how hot black can be in summer time and as rare as your car is around here I,d stay factory on this one.JMO:cheers:When,s the next wing/beer night??

1) White vinyl roof, EL5 hood/scoops, white bumblebee

2) EL5 roof, black 71 Demon hood treatment/scoops, black bumblebee

I really like the white top, and am good with blackout treatments on hood, but then I would want a white interior instead of black.

Grant

butterscotch paint all body- including hood and 340 scoops, white top(vinyl) and white tapestripe on upper body line, putting the rubber bodyside molding back on will look good too and save the new paint from dings. Reason I chose that scheme- evry body is adding bumbel bee stripes and black out hoods, make car look like sleeper.

I don't think the white to and black hood would look good but that's me.I would do one color with the blacked out hood and scoops and maybe the 340 wedge decal.I think that would look more racy..but that's my thuat.......Artie:coffee2:

I,d go back to the white vinyl top,scopps same color as car.Wally,you know how hot black can be in summer time and as rare as your car is around here I,d stay factory on this one.JMO:cheers:When,s the next wing/beer night??
wing beer night is fast approching. Maybe we should do a mini cruze this time, what you think? Maybe I'll try and pick up the car hop at Mels Drive in Modesto.:D

White top :thumblef:

EL5 scoops :thumblef:

No stripes :protest:

No black :protest:

Mild Wings :thumblef:

Coors Light.....or rye and coke......or both :thumblef::thumblef::thumblef:

Hey Wally, if you go color change on the interior, thats a lot of work!! It would be nice to see it done the way it was from the factory, but vinyl is a rust maker, and the amt of $$ to install vinyl with trim etc....The black hood sounds great, but if ya do that you would have to go black on the roof as well. black, white and butterscotch wouldnt look right imo
hey Steve the interior is clean but ugly. I was going to buy legendary covers and door panels as well as a new dash pad and carpet. here is a shot of it now:wack:

Attachments

• i19569.jpg
    90 KB · Views: 142
-
Back