Loose pistol found in taco joint and...................

-

67Dart273

Reaction score
It belongs to an IDAHO STATE COP!!!!!!!!!!

The "story" is he was off duty, took his gun off and put it on top of his pickup ?cab? to change the plates/ stickers, then forgot it and drove off

Just heard this on the KREM 5:pM so called news.

http://www.krem.com/news/local/Man-...tol-in-fast-food-drive-through-138526514.html

========================================================================
"KREM.com

Posted on February 1, 2012 at 4:05 PM

POST FALLS-- Investigators in North Idaho are working to find out how a loaded police issued pistol ended up in a fast food restaurant parking lot.

A customer making a late-night food run found the weapon at the Del Taco in Post Falls.

Greg Wiltse found the gun around 9:30 p.m. Tuesday. He says there was a bullet in the chamber.

Wiltse said, "Last night I was pulling into the Del Taco to get some tacos, I noticed an item on the ground I noticed an item on the ground, I stepped out of my vehicle and noticed it was a loaded 9mm weapon."

Wiltse says the gun was sitting on the pavement.

Post falls police were called out and took the holstered gun away.

Investigators tell us the weapon had an Idaho state police stamp across it because it belonged to an off duty officer.

Officials say the officer was changing his license plates and took his gun off. He then put it on top of his truck and it eventually fell off.

State police officials would not tell us who the gun belongs to or what is going to happen to the officer.

They tell us it is standard practice to have a bullet chambered in a gun."
========================================================================

YIKES!! so much for gun control! He lost control if it! Glad they found that loose gun before it found somebody to shoot! ya know, guns do that sort of thing! (JK)

We had a cop leave his pistol in the mens room at a fast food joint but when he went back in to get it the gun was gone. Some one snatched it!
Wayne

I bet there's a LOT of people, even in our uh, "clean" town, that would have kept it.

I would have kept it for sure. Can't have loose cannons out there. Finders keepers and all that stuff.

My guns also have a chambered round but I like Sigs.

Can't be worse than the Seattle Officer who left a loaded M4 on the trunk of his car while it was parked on the street right down town.

seattlegun.jpg

After about an hour the officer gets into the car and proceeds to drive away with it still on the trunk. A civilian flagged down two bicycle officers and told them what happened.

They probably would've lost that m4 forever in my neck of the woods

-
Back